Holden Mcgroyne

Re: The Bee Gees

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Or the Heebeegeebees.
There's no poem, just prose.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Loved their sixties pop, also their soul ballads (covered by James Carr, Al Green and other greats), and enjoyed their disco stuff from Jive Talking onwards.
Roy IN!!

finchman

Post by finchman »

Robin had a lovely voice.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Reg

Post by Reg »

I’m always amused by the fact that they emigrated to Australia because the local police insisted on it after the brothers created a crime wave in their neighbourhood.
Roy IN!!

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Some great tunes, but they'll always be tossers to me (© Clive Anderson).

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

delboy1983 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:27 pm They were a fantastic group over many years with loads of hit singles.
They played in a small village next to our town in November 1967 where Barry Gibb met his future wife Linda Gray who was at my school.
They are still together.
9 number ones in the Billboard charts making them 3rd in all time.
I agree Del, fantastic group over a few decades and I suspect success would of continued but for the untimely death of Maurice.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

And never forget their contribution to CPR.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Their best performance to date. Clever, snide digs by Anderson and two of the brothers flounced off leaving Maurice sheepishly following and struggling to remove mike. Les Tosseurs indeed.

Barry came across as a cunt, the other two were down to earth and looked approachable.

Still love listening to their 1970s stuff like Night Fever. The 1980s stuff like You Win Again and their collaborations with the likes of Diana Ross and Celine Dion was pretty cheesy and too MOR. For Whom The Bell Tolls and Immortality though were great (more) recent hits, Alone’s decent as well but can’t remember anything else memorable by them in the past three decades from them.

subsub

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:39 pm Their best performance to date. Clever, snide digs by Anderson and two of the brothers flounced off leaving Maurice sheepishly following and struggling to remove mike. Les Tosseurs indeed.

Barry came across as a cunt, the other two were down to earth and looked approachable.

Exactly. They (Barry in particular) seemed shocked that Anderson wasn't there to kiss their feet and worship them.
Barry came across as a right precious cunt :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

I can never, ever even in my darkest moments imagine a time when I'll think 'I know, I'll put some Bee Gees on'

Utter toilet.

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

Not my cup of tea, but absolutely impossible to deny that they hit on a formula that worked, and even those that can't stand them will be able to easily name six of their songs straight off the top of their head. That's a testament to talent, if not personal taste to these ears.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Never been particularly keen on them, but The Morning of my Life is one of my favourite songs (not sung by them, however).
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

KeithArthur

Post by KeithArthur »

Their later albums from ESP onwards have some great material on, you just have to look past the disco-era stuff.
"...Just time for Clive Vedmore to say "pie"..."