Famous Wig Wearers

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Lord Notin Kwestion

Re: Famous Wig Wearers

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Carlos J wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:39 pm
Hillman avenger wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:50 pm A few years ago my wife had decided it was time to change cars and identified the type she wanted.

One day I was driving home past a used car lot and glimpsed a car that could be of interest . I stopped and wandered onto the forecourt.

From the converted container which had become his office the proprietor emerged and came over. I was keen to ask questions- mileage, service history, etc but as I turned to speak to him I realised he was wearing the worst wig/toupee thing I had ever seen. It was misshapen, the wrong colour, you name it.

It was a windy day and I also realised that unless it had a chinstrap there was a good chance of it flying off.

I became mesmerised by it. I looked at the car but my eyes kept being drawn to this synthetic tuft...I realised if it DID blow off it would be deeply embarrassing for both of us.

I felt obliged to be polite enough to ask a few questions but after a decent interval I removed myself. When I got home my wife wanted to know about the car and I couldn't remember what he had told me. So I agreed to phone him but then thought he might recognise my voice and wonder why I was asking again only ten minutes after the first time. To my shame I created a false voice for the call.

We didn't buy the car anyway.
Top tale, Hillman. :) Please post more out of D&D?
+1
Great stuff hillo. Keep them coming.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

My wife was previously a hairdresser and she says the big giveaway is that people don't keep the hair at the sides trimmed to match the wig/toupee
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Jimmy white
Cliff Richard
Steven seagal
Man U and rangers

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Would you ever wear a wig, Leado? If the hair started to go?

I'd LOVE it..if Goldstein's started going. Preferably super thin that he would have put that fabric stuff in his hair rather than just receding. He seems so vain about his hair that it would just be magic if he started losing the locks.

I used to work with a guy who put that hair fabric in his hair, I'm convinced Danny Dyer uses it too. It 'buffs' the hair up a bit, and his looked super impressive, TBH, the only reason was he told me about it, but under harsh and bright lighting (if he had forgot to gel or bond the fibres in) it looked different to his natural hair.

I think you are right, Hillo about the hair at the sides. I think some folk end up getting way too much density on top and if they have crappy/thin sides that are also a different colour then it surely gives the game up. Some wigs/hair systems do look good though, although I doubt I could live with the hassle of it all, also exercising a lot and can just imagine how messy the glue would get. You probably would need to be super confident too, imagine I'd be far too paranoid if people knew/thought I was wearing one as well. Look at Jimmy White's, he obviously doesn't give a fuck, how has no one said to him, there are better wigs out there.

Seems whoever cracks the hairloss market with a pill or potion that works will be a very rich man. Feels like we're constantly hearing about ''Five years away from bald cure,'' etc.

I've known people who had hair at the sides or thin up top, who've shaved it and TBH, they look better with it shaved and often a lot younger. A lot of white people from these islands though are very pale and I'd imagine to rock the bald look, you need to have a bit of tan in your skin and eyebrows.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Paolo Maldini

Tom Cruise

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Kenny Dalglish wears one. I believe since at least the early 80s

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kevin04 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:11 pm Would you ever wear a wig, Leado? If the hair started to go?

I'd LOVE it..if Goldstein's started going. Preferably super thin that he would have put that fabric stuff in his hair rather than just receding. He seems so vain about his hair that it would just be magic if he started losing the locks.

I used to work with a guy who put that hair fabric in his hair, I'm convinced Danny Dyer uses it too. It 'buffs' the hair up a bit, and his looked super impressive, TBH, the only reason was he told me about it, but under harsh and bright lighting (if he had forgot to gel or bond the fibres in) it looked different to his natural hair.

I think you are right, Hillo about the hair at the sides. I think some folk end up getting way too much density on top and if they have crappy/thin sides that are also a different colour then it surely gives the game up. Some wigs/hair systems do look good though, although I doubt I could live with the hassle of it all, also exercising a lot and can just imagine how messy the glue would get. You probably would need to be super confident too, imagine I'd be far too paranoid if people knew/thought I was wearing one as well. Look at Jimmy White's, he obviously doesn't give a fuck, how has no one said to him, there are better wigs out there.

Seems whoever cracks the hairloss market with a pill or potion that works will be a very rich man. Feels like we're constantly hearing about ''Five years away from bald cure,'' etc.

I've known people who had hair at the sides or thin up top, who've shaved it and TBH, they look better with it shaved and often a lot younger. A lot of white people from these islands though are very pale and I'd imagine to rock the bald look, you need to have a bit of tan in your skin and eyebrows.
I’m quite fortunate I’m 37 with a good full head of hair. Some slight recession around the temples but I think that quite normal. I think if I had been born with the bald gene I’d shave it like Jason statism or Bruce Willis . It’s better to embrace. Those hair transplants don’t really work.
Man U and rangers

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Robert Heenan wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:07 pm Kenny Dalglish wears one. I believe since at least the early 80s
No
You are as spot-on about that as other things.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Man_called_sun

Post by Man_called_sun »

One day I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless

Arty Morty

Post by Arty Morty »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 pm My old neighbour, Charlie Gummer, used to operate a rotational “two wig” policy. He had a slightly longer one which he would then swap for the shorter one every so often to make it look like he’d had a haircut.

Looked even more ridiculous as he was a scooter riding pizza delivery boy in his mid-60s.
Isn't that what Wogan used to do?
If I could get lucky I'd secede from the states
I'd buy the country at an incredible rate

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Terry Wogan aka Try On Two Wig
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Man_called_sun wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:19 pm Image
I think I should go in to the wig business as again, as I think I know the problem here.

The sides are receded and far too thin, yet he's stuck a huge dollop of hair on top of that heid. If he thinned out his syrup and even had one with a slight recession, it might look alright.

Same with Jimmy White, if the sides are gone, you surely need to grow them to rock the wig. Or have a shorter rug up top!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Man_called_sun

Post by Man_called_sun »

kevin04 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm
Man_called_sun wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:19 pm Image
I think I should go in to the wig business as again, as I think I know the problem here.

The sides are receded and far too thin, yet he's stuck a huge dollop of hair on top of that heid. If he thinned out his syrup and even had one with a slight recession, it might look alright.

Same with Jimmy White, if the sides are gone, you surely need to grow them to rock the wig. Or have a shorter rug up top!
:)
One day I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »