There's no poem, just prose.

The Tick

Re: GB News

Post by The Tick »

Looking forward to gammon news network

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Left: We are the goodies and superior in every way – morally, intellectually; the Right are the baddies.

2021 in a nutshell.
The best way to fight GB News is to challenge its ideas, not shut it down.
When did society become so infantile?
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:19 pm Looking forward to gammon news network
Gammon News
REEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I'm looking forward to it, in-depth news has been sorely missing. Not sure if GB News is going to do that, but it's worth waiting and seeing.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote:Not sure if GB News is going to do that, but it's worth waiting and seeing
I have my doubts as well, Vespa. Hopefully, it will be better than talkRADIO, which promotes sensationalism and, to an extent, misinformation.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

antdad

Post by antdad »

Depends how much "news" you're going to get rather than opinion based chatter.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:47 pm
Vespa wrote:Not sure if GB News is going to do that, but it's worth waiting and seeing
I have my doubts as well, Vespa. Hopefully, it will be better than talkRADIO, which promotes sensationalism and, to an extent, misinformation.
talkRADIO is awful.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:20 pm The Left: We are the goodies and superior in every way – morally, intellectually; the Right are the baddies.

2021 in a nutshell.
The best way to fight GB News is to challenge its ideas, not shut it down.
When did society become so infantile?
New to how the left operate ?

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

The idea of GB News appealed to me until they announced Dan Wooton was joining them. The station immediately lost all credibility, in my humble opinion.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Shedboy wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:18 pm The idea of GB News appealed to me until they announced Dan Wooton was joining them. The station immediately lost all credibility, in my humble opinion.
Really, oh dear. Probably shit then.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

It's an idea that's come too late. They should have done it at the height of the Brexit wars and it would have at least got some attention.

I see it as the ailing right wing print press desperate for its multiple columnists to have jobs when the print media eventually folds into history. The paywall models for Times and Telegraph are not sustainable. Online audio and visual content is what people are consuming via YouTube or podcasts.

GB news will just be a sensationalised version. One more echo chamber.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Moby Dicky

Post by Moby Dicky »

Need to balance Dan Wooton with the positive news that it’s upsetting that puerile “Femi” twat on Twitter.
On balance, I think I’ll take the groundbreaking stance that I’ll listen to it when it actually launches and then make my own mind up rather than take any notice of bed-wetting shrieking fuckwits.
Can’t be arsed.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

It's amusing watching the alt right trying to ferment yet another culture war by manufacturing outrage about their new little toy. There'll be people who express disdain and contempt for this new TV channel but the idea it's created a sea of outrage and panic among the left is prorogated to both garner more attention for the channel's arrival and goad its intended targets.

It'll have its moment and then fade away gently.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

black_guardian wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:28 pm It's an idea that's come too late. They should have done it at the height of the Brexit wars and it would have at least got some attention.

I see it as the ailing right wing print press desperate for its multiple columnists to have jobs when the print media eventually folds into history. The paywall models for Times and Telegraph are not sustainable. Online audio and visual content is what people are consuming via YouTube or podcasts.

GB news will just be a sensationalised version. One more echo chamber.
An echo chamber of what ?

There's no broadcast news media that reflects the views of millions of people in this country. The BBC, Sky News, Channel 4 and ITV are to various degrees beholden to London centric left wing wokery. Be seen as anywhere on the right and it's goodbye, see Andrew Neil and John Humphrys. You're safe Ms Maitlis, feel free to spout your anti Tory poison every night.

You can tell the left are running scared by their attempts to strangle it at birth.

Don't notice right wingers seeking to boycott potential advertisers to filth like Novara Media and Skwakbox

Learn to embrace people from a different side of the spectrum and you might persuade a few to follow you. demonise them and you'll alienate for ever.