TV Quizzes - a query

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Rowntree

Re: TV Quizzes - a query

Post by Rowntree »

Basualdo wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:18 pm
Rowntree wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:23 pm There was another one - a woman, always miserable, looked a bit like Rose West without glasses, possibly Scottish.
You could have stopped at 'always miserable'.
We'd have assumed she was Scottish from that.
Here she is on University Challenge in 1984!

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Rowntree wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:25 pm
Rowntree wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:23 pm There was another one - a woman, always miserable, looked a bit like Rose West without glasses, possibly Scottish.
I actually have a vague feeling she was from Middlesbrough.
Potato potatto
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rowntree wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:32 pm
Here she is on University Challenge in 1984!

Not number 2 here?:

And remember, dear old Das was also on '15-1'. 8)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

No, its definitely Barbara Thompson.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rowntree wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:59 pm No, its definitely Barbara Thompson.
No worries, just saw her mentioned here with a link to the photo: https://gameshowgallery.wordpress.com/c ... en-to-one/

Nuff '15-1' reminiscing for me today, lovely as it is, Higgins' comment has cut me to the quick and got Scandi detectives to watch.

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

Zambo wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:43 am The last contestant in the builder is usually the thickest and when they take the minus offer and don't answer one question in the chase, I find myself shouting at the tv. :D

and hoping they all lose.
I cringe when someone takes the minus offer. And twitter usually rips them a new one. :lol:
I really am a biatch

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:52 am
lambrini wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:39 am
Carlos J wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:03 pm I appeared on the old William G Stewart '15-1' as one of the few shows where they get straight into it.

People say go on 'The Chase' or similar, but you need to have shit anecdotes and stuff.

Yes, they do it as filler and they are more interested in characters. They give you an interview audition for 'The Chase' to see your 'character, probably most do. '15-1' was straightforward questions audition, though it has more chat now.
Really? I watched The Chase a few days ago – an old pre-COVID episode, so weird seeing people huddled together – and one contestant, a pink-haired-baking-Disney-loving feminist – had no character whatsoever.
You'd be surprised how many Chase contestants seem very nervous on camera, which surely affects first impressions during the audition stage?
I'd never go on a gameshow. Imagine losing or getting no answers correct. Lol. Yikes.
Bit in red, that says character. Think the interview audition for 'The Chase' was a phone one (this was a friend a few years back), probably now a video one, so people a bit more comfortable as you say, people become more nervous in front of the cameras. Maybe they do a mock game version now like 15-1 was, don't know, but more expense.
Children's party entertainers, psychology students, marketing managers, Etsy shop owners and feminists are considered people with 'character'. God help us!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

lambrini wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:58 pm
Carlos J wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:52 am
lambrini wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:39 am
Carlos J wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:03 pm I appeared on the old William G Stewart '15-1' as one of the few shows where they get straight into it.

People say go on 'The Chase' or similar, but you need to have shit anecdotes and stuff.

Yes, they do it as filler and they are more interested in characters. They give you an interview audition for 'The Chase' to see your 'character, probably most do. '15-1' was straightforward questions audition, though it has more chat now.
Really? I watched The Chase a few days ago – an old pre-COVID episode, so weird seeing people huddled together – and one contestant, a pink-haired-baking-Disney-loving feminist – had no character whatsoever.
You'd be surprised how many Chase contestants seem very nervous on camera, which surely affects first impressions during the audition stage?
I'd never go on a gameshow. Imagine losing or getting no answers correct. Lol. Yikes.
Bit in red, that says character. Think the interview audition for 'The Chase' was a phone one (this was a friend a few years back), probably now a video one, so people a bit more comfortable as you say, people become more nervous in front of the cameras. Maybe they do a mock game version now like 15-1 was, don't know, but more expense.
Children's party entertainers, psychology students, marketing managers, Etsy shop owners and feminists are considered people with 'character'. God help us!
Indeed old friend. :( Though never had a bad experience with Etsy so far. :smt023

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:41 pm It wasn't though. From vague memory a hot spot meant you fucked up, so it was not a good spot. You didn't want to land on a hot spot.
Shows how much attention I was paying. I always assumed a hot-spot was something good :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Lynn...idea for new vehicle to resurrect Barrymore...The Deep End...Tom Daley and Rylan...
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JimmyDee wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:39 pm
Carlos J wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:41 pm It wasn't though. From vague memory a hot spot meant you fucked up, so it was not a good spot. You didn't want to land on a hot spot.
Shows how much attention I was paying. I always assumed a hot-spot was something good :-)
Nay worries. You'll still get a POTY nom from me, Jimmy, unless you go full retard in the next three months.

Like with the ToT posts, that was what a good moderator does. Corrects things with nay fuss nor bother. :D

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Woman on Millionaire last night took the piss. Should be a time limit to answer questions.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JW90 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:37 pm Woman on Millionaire last night took the piss. Should be a time limit to answer questions.
But not tell them.

“Sue, you have just won One Million Pounds…iiiissss what I would have been saying if you hadn’t fucked about like a smug penis. Now fuck off back to your unremarkable and miserable existence”
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Who hosts it now
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

JW90 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:37 pm Woman on Millionaire last night took the piss. Should be a time limit to answer questions.
Apparently it's not unusual for them to take an age, but it is usually edited down. The producers must have taken against her :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99