Re: New ABBA album and London show

Post by Sid Pervcat »

They were shit
They continue to be shit
Anodyne fucken dross for frustrated middle aged cunts

Reg

Post by Reg »

SOS was a great record, and a few others were decent.
Roy IN!!

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

SOS Gave Glen Matlock and Steve Jones the idea for the Pretty Vacant intro apparently

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

It's like some sad old "shot" boxer trying to make a comeback, isn't it?

Why does no-one without a financial interest sit ABBA down and explain that it's over, and they should live off any royalties they never signed away in a moment of madness?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JimmyDee wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:08 am It's like some sad old "shot" boxer trying to make a comeback, isn't it?

Why does no-one without a financial interest sit ABBA down and explain that it's over, and they should live off any royalties they never signed away in a moment of madness?
Yep, just tell them thank you for the music but when all is said and done it's not all about money, money, money.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Tick wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:01 pm
JimmyDee wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:08 am It's like some sad old "shot" boxer trying to make a comeback, isn't it?

Yep, just tell them thank you for the music but when all is said and done it's not all about money, money, money.
You could Ring Ring the bank at Waterloo, speak to Fernando (a-ha) and say Gimme Gimme Gimme.

This is all sounding rather camp.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

People love them, what's the problem?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Vespa wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:31 pm

People love them, what's the problem?
What are they thought of in Sweden these days? I guess that with them being endearingly associated with the country since the 1970s, they’re still very much liked?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I remember reading they were massive in Australia , and had a big gay following
Man U and rangers

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

finchman wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:01 am Wasn't the blonde arse of the year in 1976?
Will need to see some evidence of this
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

finchman wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:01 am Wasn't the blonde arse of the year in 1976?
He certainly was MeinFinch
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:41 pm I remember reading they were massive in Australia , and had a big gay following
Do you like them Leado? Gay icons seem to have more pulling power, why is this? Why does a big gay somehow mean that a band is better? Sam Smith, Gloria Gaynor and Take That have big gay followings but they’re all shit.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:23 pm
The Tick wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:01 pm

You could Ring Ring the bank at Waterloo, speak to Fernando (a-ha) and say Gimme Gimme Gimme.

This is all sounding rather camp.
They should do that the way old friends do. I know I do, I do, I do, I do, I do.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:04 pm
theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:41 pm I remember reading they were massive in Australia , and had a big gay following
Do you like them Leado? Gay icons seem to have more pulling power, why is this? Why does a big gay somehow mean that a band is better? Sam Smith, Gloria Gaynor and Take That have big gay followings but they’re all shit.
Gloria Gaynor...shit???????

Wtf are you smoking El Boto??

A world renowned gospel artist, and a pioneer of early disco.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:04 pm
Gloria Gaynor...shit???????

Wtf are you smoking El Boto??

A world renowned gospel artist, and a pioneer of early disco.
I know, she was a name I instantly and lazily thought of who is a gay icon. She is good. Can I use Westlife instead?