Extra time

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Extra time

Post by Carlos J »

Ged 'Brain dead' Mills and 'Simple' Sam Stevens spending nearly half an hour on can you take your own food into cinemas. :roll:

Beyond hospital radio and not that any sport has happened today or is happening tomorrow.

The common denominator. They've both worked with the King of Crap, cunt Catterall. Thus this shite pervades the early hours and is deemed good bantz.

Utter, utter risible broadcasting. But hey, it's TS. :arrow:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

James90125

Post by James90125 »

Caller to Gavin mentions Bristol City about 8 times. Gavin: so who do you support City or Rovers?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

And big Billy is one of the better hosts, despite liking wrassling.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Steaua Bucharest v Barcelona 1986 was mentioned in the 'Champions League' thread as a shit final, no one mentioned another one, maybe a better class of soccer viewer on here.

Ged 'Brain dead' Mills and 'Simple' Sam Stevens took two minutes to mention Juventus v Milan 2003. It was from memory an intriguing, excting Italian game of defence being sublime. Many called it dull because they can't reconcile the idea of good defending and a game still being exciting.

As Italy nearly did in Euro 2000 with a masterclass in defending until Wiltord scored in injury time and Trezeguet Golden Goal for France. Cannavaro, Nesta and Maldini all great, such a shame they lost.

The two fuckwits really don't know football, if anything. Let's have exciting soccer from the 'Greatest League in the World'™. And look what happened? Two teams who could barely pass to their own players. :roll: :arrow:

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Carlos J wrote:Ged 'Brain dead' Mills and 'Simple' Sam Stevens took two minutes to mention Juventus v Milan 2003. It was from memory an intriguing, excting Italian game of defence being sublime. Many called it dull because they can't reconcile the idea of good defending and a game still being exciting.
Italian defenders LOVE defending, they're not the wannabe strikers you get in England. Italian fans, by the same token, appreciate a good defence.
========
It was a poor show last night. Here was their chance to show the casual viewer why the EPL is "the best league in the world", and they failed miserably.
Was it nerves? Were they overawed by the occasion? Was it that ALL finals, apart from about 4, are just dull wank? In that sense "the corporates" are the victims of a huge joke.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Carlos J wrote:Ged 'Brain dead' Mills and 'Simple' Sam Stevens spending nearly half an hour on can you take your own food into cinemas. :roll:

Beyond hospital radio and not that any sport has happened today or is happening tomorrow.

The common denominator. They've both worked with the King of Crap, cunt Catterall. Thus this shite pervades the early hours and is deemed good bantz.

Utter, utter risible broadcasting. But hey, it's TS. :arrow:

I don't listen to talkSPORT these day. 5 live were talking about Brexit post midnight so thought I'd give talkSPORT a go out of desperation.

Fucking horrific

I'm assuming the presenters / producers were Mancs or Bitters.
A joyless arsehole.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Replaying the 'Best of Motty Meets' that was on Sunday evening a mere six hours ago and was shite then. Does TS realise those overnight are shit and not fit for purpose?

Supposedly big Willy Gavin.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JimmyDee wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Ged 'Brain dead' Mills and 'Simple' Sam Stevens took two minutes to mention Juventus v Milan 2003. It was from memory an intriguing, excting Italian game of defence being sublime. Many called it dull because they can't reconcile the idea of good defending and a game still being exciting.
Italian defenders LOVE defending, they're not the wannabe strikers you get in England. Italian fans, by the same token, appreciate a good defence.
========
It was a poor show last night. Here was their chance to show the casual viewer why the EPL is "the best league in the world", and they failed miserably.
Was it nerves? Were they overawed by the occasion? Was it that ALL finals, apart from about 4, are just dull wank? In that sense "the corporates" are the victims of a huge joke.

Spot on old friend. 20 days off didn't help. But 20 days off does not lose you the ability to pass to a teammate. :roll: Second half was better as Spuds had to go for it,

Technical ability: A Carlos 4/10.
Excitement: A Carlos 6.5/10 for Higgins.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

And here's that joke, Jenny Barsby. :roll:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I'd rather An-Mar Batters talking soccer than 'Woodsy' Woods any day of the week: Talking about Nile Rodgers to Ben 'The Lad' 'Fletch' Fletcher and him organising stuff this summer, Big Billy Gavin, a big fan, said this year there is, "A Night of Studio 54", whatever that is?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Superfan. :roll: Fletch did not answer either. :roll:

They seem to think they're DK without the music or sporting knowledge. :lol:

James90125

Post by James90125 »

Every time I hear this there's some plummy voiced know-it-all droning on. Boxing this time. Doubt they even saw it.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I think that may be Shit Sam Stephens, James.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Carlos J wrote:I'd rather An-Mar Batters talking soccer than 'Woodsy' Woods any day of the week: Talking about Nile Rodgers to Ben 'The Lad' 'Fletch' Fletcher and him organising stuff this summer, Big Billy Gavin, a big fan, said this year there is, "A Night of Studio 54", whatever that is?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Superfan. :roll: Fletch did not answer either. :roll:

They seem to think they're DK without the music or sporting knowledge. :lol:

Gavin and Olly Hunter are a pretty smug pairing. Gavin's exaggerated booming laugh is also irritating.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

* Currently on talkSport*

Sun journalist Paul Jiggins, telling England u-21 coach Aidy Bothroyd how to coach the u-21s.

Makes you wonder that if the journalist has done his coaching badges, why does he keep carry on working at the Sun?

:roll: :roll:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JW90

Post by JW90 »

I wouldn't listen to Paul Jiggins telling me how to be a journalist.

Unfortunately I've heard him on H and J. Sounds like a parody.