Extra time

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Extra time

Post by Carlos J »

Most queer and not needed in this section, Erskine.

Billy Gavin has done a decent show, but as post above, onerously mentioning his not lads weekend that he was at. No fucker cares. :roll:

Though I care whether you porked up later or was always chunks as a child, Willy?

Might help explain the old school pals you were with, though left them all together to do an overnight gig you could have missed. #greatmates #needmyshow

Pitiful, Gavin. :arrow: Have a day off, the TS holiday is coming soon, not this soon though.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Carlos J wrote:Most queer and not needed in this section, Erskine.

I would suggest politely that what IS most queer is an ancillary member of a radio station regularly visiting a forum to claim accurate knowledge of any other contributor's motives, and accuse any critics of said station of being 'foaming at the mouth' eccentrics, 'vile' attackers and laughable members of a sad minority, whilst objecting to any critical response as 'stalking'. If someone chooses to pop in and out whilst poking a stick, I'd argue they deserve to be poked back. (Of course, one would much prefer them to stop poking and either stay away or contribute with a fair degree of candour, humility and constructive humour, but maybe I'm in a minority about that.) I'm not quite sure why he is indulged in the way he currently is - maybe some people regard minor provincial and glorified stringers as celebrities - but I do think the level of indulgence has become an excuse for him playing either the PR provocateur, or random wind up merchant, with apparent impunity. This is, one would hope, a forum where listeners to TS can express their views freely without the kind of snide and quasi-corporate intervention that gets repeatedly protected. There's another place for that: it's called TalkSport. This is not that place, and surely it ought to have other conventions and commitments. A confusion, or at best an imbalance, of prudent judgements and practical loyalties, I feel.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Fair points, EM. As long as we all keep it civil to other members, all is good.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Absolutely fine with me, thank you.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Erskine Might wrote:... minor provincial and glorified stringers ...
As Reagan said to Carter, "well, there you go again".
Brian Moore got driven off here, let's not do that to Lovely Geoff :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Define why he's 'Lovely Geoff'. Aside from slagging off everyone on here for criticising his very distant TS mates, no matter how well-merited the criticism might be, and then ignoring said slagging off when there's something nice about him - how hypocritical - what does he actually DO on here?

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Perhaps you didn't notice the smiley, used by me to denote either a joke or, as in this case, "not to be taken entirely seriously".
Here's what one looks like, for next time .... :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

mrGP
VERIFIED USER

Post by mrGP »

Erskine Might wrote:Define why he's 'Lovely Geoff'. Aside from slagging off everyone on here for criticising his very distant TS mates, no matter how well-merited the criticism might be, and then ignoring said slagging off when there's something nice about him - how hypocritical - what does he actually DO on here?

A place where angry keyboard warriors spout venom and bile towards people on the radio and often call them vile and childish names is not really my thing so you're quite right Mr Erskine, I don't fit in here at all and it's probably best for me to leave the haters to their hating. You have allowed me to see the light.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Stay GP. :(
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

mrGP wrote:
Erskine Might wrote:Define why he's 'Lovely Geoff'. Aside from slagging off everyone on here for criticising his very distant TS mates, no matter how well-merited the criticism might be, and then ignoring said slagging off when there's something nice about him - how hypocritical - what does he actually DO on here?

A place where angry keyboard warriors spout venom and bile towards people on the radio and often call them vile and childish names is not really my thing so you're quite right Mr Erskine, I don't fit in here at all and it's probably best for me to leave the haters to their hating. You have allowed me to see the light.

Irony's not your thing, is it, but goodbye anyway.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Erskine Might wrote:
mrGP wrote:

Irony's not your thing, is it, but goodbye anyway.

Why where are you going ?
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Credit to big Billy Gavin. His interview with some chap from a Bury fans organisation and others were excellently handled unlike if done by Sun-sational JWOTS. Well done Gav.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Maybe Mr Durham or Mr White or both could take Geoff's place on here. They would be made most welcome :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Oh my Lord. It's like days of yore. Nice guy Russ Hargreaves hosting weekend ET. And the Soccer Diva Sophie on as well. Well done on that call,TS brass.