MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

James90125

Re: Rushden and Glendenning

Post by James90125 »

Nothing really matters Barry.

manifique

Post by manifique »

They should consider using Glendening's voice as a replacement for waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay. He sounds like a bloke permanently at gun point.

Having not listened for a while and the current subject being 'How many cups of tea you have a day' probably doesn't help..

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Oi ginyoowhinelee don't know how Barry isn't kicked to death

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Was dogshit.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

manifique wrote:They should consider using Glendening's voice as a replacement for waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay. He sounds like a bloke permanently at gun point.

He sounds like that boring priest in Father Ted who just sits in a chair and drones on while everyone else ignores him.

But the two of them - christ. They really seem to think they're adored by a large section of listeners. I wonder if they even pay attention to how few even listen to their inane and self-adoring witterings.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Erskine Might wrote:
manifique wrote:They should consider using Glendening's voice as a replacement for waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay. He sounds like a bloke permanently at gun point.

He sounds like that boring priest in Father Ted who just sits in a chair and drones on while everyone else ignores him.

But the two of them - christ. They really seem to think they're adored by a large section of listeners. I wonder if they even pay attention to how few even listen to their inane and self-adoring witterings.
Agreed. Heard them doing their Mornington Crescent rip-off today which they spun out with some biting satire about having to consult VAR on it - very tedious - however, following advice we have received here, I didn't have to listen to them so I just switched off.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

manifique

Post by manifique »

Erskine Might wrote:

Father Stone - great shout. :)

If his depressing voice was counter balanced with a decent knowledge of sport I'd possibly overlook it. Sadly they are both on the same shambolic level.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

That godawful Sturmey Archers things sums Rushden up - put everything in quotation marks, then keep pointing at the quotation marks - 'ooh, they're being bad, but they seem to be playing at being bad, so they're not really bad even though what they're putting out is definitely bad - oh, what a treat for the listeners!' - and then read out critical responses (self-indulgence posing as self-flagellation) as well as the odd, bizarre, positive comment, all the time whilst Glendenning chuckles at what irreverent but much-beloved rascals the two of them are. They're stealing a living.

Champagne and Roses

Erskine Might wrote:That godawful Sturmey Archers things sums Rushden up - put everything in quotation marks, then keep pointing at the quotation marks - 'ooh, they're being bad, but they seem to be playing at being bad, so they're not really bad even though what they're putting out is definitely bad - oh, what a treat for the listeners!' - and then read out critical responses (self-indulgence posing as self-flagellation) as well as the odd, bizarre, positive comment, all the time whilst Glendenning chuckles at what irreverent but much-beloved rascals the two of them are. They're stealing a living.
GOA has some sort of input into Sturmey Archers, which somewhat undercuts his criticism of Glory Hunters.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

manifique wrote:Father Stone - great shout. :)
There's a guy I've seen a few times in Maidstone who is an absolute dead-ringer for Father Stone. I'd point that out to him, were it not for the million other people who have almost certainly done it already :-)

What was great about Father Ted was that even if you weren't an Irish Cathlolic the priests were all recognisable types; the really boring person, the man who laughs at everything, the huge violent man that you don't want to upset :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

What a bellend.

"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

As expected.

Champagne and Roses

Oh. So he does actually *believe* in something does he ? Underneath all that adolescent sarcasm and post-modern self-referential whimsy ? Careful Max - someone might actually take you seriously for the tediously entitled tool you really are - don’t travel through Canning Town mate.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

He's such a feeble gimp