Rushden and Glendenning and Baker

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Rushden and Glendenning

Post by Basualdo »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Why are they still doing this tedious feature with Justin Moorhouse guessing the attendance at games ? I mean it is not interesting or entertaining at all, it is like overhearing a conversation between three pub bores, are they even aware other people are listening ? If they are they obviously don’t care.

A somewhat remote possibility, you have to admit.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Basualdo wrote:
Champagne and Roses wrote:Why are they still doing this tedious feature with Justin Moorhouse guessing the attendance at games ? I mean it is not interesting or entertaining at all, it is like overhearing a conversation between three pub bores, are they even aware other people are listening ? If they are they obviously don’t care.

A somewhat remote possibility, you have to admit.
True. I was only listening because ccreds suggested Deano might be on with Saggs straight after.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Monty Modlin

Post by Monty Modlin »

I miss Deano. This new bunch of sad sacks make him seem as erudite as Oscar W. himself. ☹️
The real Boris Johnson died with Covid in hospital. He was replaced by a professional impersonator who has been avoiding talking to the press ever since.

scully

Post by scully »

Bring back porky and Kelly

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Moorehouse, there's another twerp who turns up all over the place on TS and 5Live to do the exact same routine: a bit of the professional manc nonsense, a bit of bantz with the presenters and then a plug for whichever telephone box he's appearing in later in the day. Woeful.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Erskine Might wrote:Moorehouse, there's another twerp who turns up all over the place on TS and 5Live to do the exact same routine: a bit of the professional manc nonsense, a bit of bantz with the presenters and then a plug for whichever telephone box he's appearing in later in the day. Woeful.

He should fuck off back into the swimming pool imho.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

This is shit. Two unfunny planks. Giggling at themselves.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

What the hell is it with GOA's adoration of Rushden? Is Maxwell his secret son? Whatever the public school pratt comes out with, GOA goes 'Hur Hur Hur, Hee Hee Hee!' Their relationship is the most tiresome on radio.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

And now they're going to do Culverhouse heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh :roll:

scully

Post by scully »

Bring back porky

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Fucking hell. Just tuned into Jacobs and Rushden. Asking Wes Brown what his favourite cheese is. Are these cunts for real? "What's that smelly one" says Wes. "Brie"? retorts Jacobs. Brie isn't smelly at all. I digress. Click-off. Fucking awful. These fuckers have no shame. May as well just play white noise for 3 hours and take the coin. Shameful cunts.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

James90125 wrote:And now they're going to do Culverhouse heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh :roll:

Jacobs is either trying to be as wackily postmodern as his 'lovely boy' son Max, or he's inexcusably thick. He's surely known that the 'game' is a rip-off of Mornington Crescent, so claiming to not know the 'rules' is either desperately unfunny or else just plain thick.

Are they in the same masonic lodge or something?? If there was someone on a rival station being as unfunny and derivative as Rushden, Jacobs would be the first to go off on one: 'I mean, has he no shame? He's blatantly ripping off other people's ideas, he's doing the same old whimsy that many did better years ago, and he's unbelievably smug - I mean, what's the point? It's outrageous'. But because it's Rushden, he settles for: 'Hur Hur Hur'.

One of these times Jacobs is going to tune into Rushden's normal show and hear his 'hilarious' and 'original' features on Pele singing, Fred Truman talking about cricket and maybe some Ken Rosewall on tennis. Then Glendenning will be tested on what he remembers from last week's show. I bet he'll not go 'Hur Hur Hur!'

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

It is strange. GOA in his Jenkins persona is always (rightly) lambasting Glory Hunters as being utter crap even though Charlie Baker is a regular stand-in host on H&J, GOA makes no concession at all for that. Yet Rushden’s show is equally terrible but he fawns all over him.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

scully

Post by scully »

Why is GOA on?

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

scully wrote:Why is GOA on?

Because Father Stone is away for a month, presumably visiting Ted on Craggy island, leaving Rushden to be partnered by a succession of his mates. Rushden seems to have quite a shutfes going on with GOA (even though Maxwell, as a newly-self-described Labour fan, is eager to point out that it's only his dad who's Jewish), so GOA happily turned up today to go 'Hur hur hur' a lot as Maxwell plucked a few tarnished gems from his magpie's nest of purloined themes and ideas. They're a very odd pair, they really are.