Rushden and Glendenning and Baker

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Champagne and Roses

Re: Rushden and Glendenning

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Erskine Might wrote:
scully wrote:Why is GOA on?

Because Father Stone is away for a month, presumably visiting Ted on Craggy island, leaving Rushden to be partnered by a succession of his mates. Rushden seems to have quite a shutfes going on with GOA (even though Maxwell, as a newly-self-described Labour fan, is eager to point out that it's only his dad who's Jewish), so GOA happily turned up today to go 'Hur hur hur' a lot as Maxwell plucked a few tarnished gems from his magpie's nest of purloined themes and ideas. They're a very odd pair, they really are.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Curiouser and curiouser.

Lovely, though, from the Cambridge public school boy: 'Here's how you can do that really complicated thing they introduced in 1872 - when it was made secret from Mr Grotes the gardener - and vote'. Oh, how lovely, thank you so much! And when will you be expecting tea, m'lord?

Champagne and Roses

40 year old Max Rushden thinks unregistered voters who are predominantly under 30 even know who he is.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

Are you nice?

Monty Modlin

Post by Monty Modlin »

Rushden could do a show with that awful Mitch, purely so that they could call it 'Max and Mitch's Mix and Match'.
The real Boris Johnson died with Covid in hospital. He was replaced by a professional impersonator who has been avoiding talking to the press ever since.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Rushden reads out a text from some idiot claiming 'Culverhouse' is the best thing on radio. He sounds genuinely pleased. I think his attitude towards nicking 'Mornington Crescent' has looped the postmodern loop so often he now takes it seriously. The whole thing is just really weird.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Champagne and Roses

An exciting event here - Max and Barry appearing live in Dublin.

Let's hope it goes better than last year.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Slowly learning? More likely he just wanted to do a lazy potatoes gag and thought he'd get away with it if he immediately acknowledged it was a bad idea - in other words, what he does every single week on his radio show.

scully

Post by scully »

He’s a prick

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Champagne and Roses wrote:An exciting event here - Max and Barry appearing live in Dublin.

You can imagine the programme notes from Max talking about all his original ideas and how he came up with them.

Into the show. I can see it now, Max and Barry waiting in the wings. The first few notes of “Bring me sunshine” start playing. Our heroes prance on stage doing some sort of strange dance. Into the first comedy skit where Max grabs his braces and says “rock on Barry” a lot.

Into the second half of the show, where the two funnymen read out comedy news reports, bizarrely at this point they’re both sporting thick rimmed glasses. This is then followed by a bit of slapstick, some home decorating or some sort. The two mirth makers hold a ladder between whilst both saying “to you, to me!!”.

Finally at the end Max and Barry thank you for watching “I’m a celebrity get me on the radio”.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

JudgeTedd wrote:
Champagne and Roses wrote:An exciting event here - Max and Barry appearing live in Dublin.

You can imagine the programme notes from Max talking about all his original ideas and how he came up with them.

Onto the show. I can see it now, Max and Barry waiting in the wings. The first few notes of “Bring me sunshine” start playing. Our heroes prance on stage doing some sort of strange dance. Into the first comedy skit where Max grabs his braces and says “rock on Barry” a lot.

Into the second half of the show, where the two funnymen read out comedy news reports, bizarrely at this point they’re both sporting thick rimmed glasses. This is then followed by a bit of slapstick, some home decorating or some sort. The two mirth makers hold a ladder between whilst both saying “to you, to me!!”.

Finally at the end Max and Barry thank you for watching “I’m a celebrity get me on the radio”.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Erskine Might wrote:Slowly learning? More likely he just wanted to do a lazy potatoes gag and thought he'd get away with it if he immediately acknowledged it was a bad idea - in other words, what he does every single week on his radio show.

Honestly I'd very happily hurl spuds at Glendinning and Rushden but then I'm not really Irish.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Champagne and Roses

Erskine Might wrote:Slowly learning? More likely he just wanted to do a lazy potatoes gag and thought he'd get away with it if he immediately acknowledged it was a bad idea - in other words, what he does every single week on his radio show.
Writes for the Guardian, big Remain anti-Brexit supporter, racist jokes about the Irish. Yep, it all fits.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Perry Groves is quite a welcome stand-in alongside Rushden, because, for some odd reason, he seems - so far - to inhibit Maxwell from his tiresome schtick. It's odd because Groves is happy enough to do stupid quizzes and jokey chats on Jim White's show, but thankfully he somehow makes Rushden behave more like the beige journeyman that he is rather than strain for the quirky comedy genius role to which he usually aspires. So it's dull radio instead of the usual irritating radio, and in the circumstances that's a relief.