Rushden and Glendenning and Baker

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Champagne and Roses

Re: Rushden and Glendenning

Post by Champagne and Roses »

“You’re not wrong Barry my potato-eating friend. Do they still have potatoes over there, since the famine and everything ? I’d like to immediately apologise if” [EDIT]
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

And the thing is you know he absolutely cares, more than anyone on the station, which makes that whole act even more pathetic.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Click on:
cheesey 1970s music being used in a post-modern way (check); reading out an uncomplimentary text (check); Glendenning affecting ignorance of various scores, teams and players (check).
Click off.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

It's horseshit as always.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Surely TalkSport is the last station on the track to broadcasting oblivion? I mean if you're a professional broadcaster where do you go after TS if you get canned? At least Murray had the wherewithal to leave, albeit in faux-outrage (which was a bit pretentious) and he's getting plenty of work. Where will these two end-up when they leave? What avenues are open to them? I think Rushden took over from James Richardson when he left the Guardian football podcast, that's when I stopped listening to it and followed James to the Totally Football Show podcast. As for Barry, I have no idea how he finds employment. Does he work for a newspaper? Is he any good?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote:Surely TalkSport is the last station on the track to broadcasting oblivion? I mean if you're a professional broadcaster where do you go after TS if you get canned? At least Murray had the wherewithal to leave, albeit in faux-outrage (which was a bit pretentious) and he's getting plenty of work. Where will these two end-up when they leave? What avenues are open to them? I think Rushden took over from James Richardson when he left the Guardian football podcast, that's when I stopped listening to it and followed James to the Totally Football Show podcast. As for Barry, I have no idea how he finds employment. Does he work for a newspaper? Is he any good?

He's a Guardian writer and podcaster as well I think, but never listened, Mike.

Champagne and Roses

Glendenning in his Guardian life covers football and the cycling, principally the Tour de France. Hence we can probably blame him for the decision to recruit Bradley Wiggins as the third presenter on this show in a blaze of publicity a year or so ago. Wiggins’ passive aggressive contributions only lasted a few weeks before he was fired. This episode was such a disaster that Rushden doesn’t even joke about it in his ironic self-deprecating way.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Glendenning in his Guardian life covers football and the cycling, principally the Tour de France. Hence we can probably blame him for the decision to recruit Bradley Wiggins as the third presenter on this show in a blaze of publicity a year or so ago. Wiggins’ passive aggressive contributions only lasted a few weeks before he was fired. This episode was such a disaster that Rushden doesn’t even joke about it in his ironic self-deprecating way.

Ghost's name for Wiggins, 'Sir Bagley Druggins' was one of the funniest things on here last year.

That's why he's our king..... Ghost, that is, not Druggins.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Wiggins was strolling around the stadium at Doha for the Liverpool game, with his Liverpool scarf on etc. Someone stopped him and asked him about being a big Liverpool fan and more generally about the game. He happily chatted for ages about football. That's more than Rushden and Co got out of him in about ten attempts on the radio. They're hopeless.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Erskine Might wrote:Wiggins was strolling around the stadium at Doha for the Liverpool game, with his Liverpool scarf on etc. Someone stopped him and asked him about being a big Liverpool fan and more generally about the game. He happily chatted for ages about football. That's more than Rushden and Co got out of him in about ten attempts on the radio. They're hopeless.

Shame he didn't have something to do first and say he'll be back in a jiffy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Yay.

Champagne and Roses

Just came across this in the archives. Alan Jenkins speaking for the nation.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Can’t believe these two turds are still on.

Another reason I don’t listen to talkSPORT.
Roy IN!!

manifique

Re: Glendenning and Delaney

Post by manifique »

Glendenning, again doing what he does best with his Mourinho press conference story. I slipped into a coma while he was droning on about something most other journos would wrap up in a couple of minutes. If this bore was the first man on mars and was reciting his experiences as the rocket touched down, he'd somehow make It sound like he was putting the recycling bins out.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Listened to that well meaning, poorly articulated simpleton Glendenning explain that he wouldn’t like to use soup kitchens and quite admirably wouldn’t because he doesn’t need to nor would feel comfortable taking things from people who need them as he can afford to do so (probably by peddling his lingering mediocrity and benign and wares on a shit station).

Here is the rub though and apologies for being a pedant but going to a soup kitchen or food bank isn’t something that anyone “likes to do” surely? It’s not like a grabby, overweight, spectacled West Ham supporting freeloader plundering the corporate hospitality provision and people don’t go there out of choice you bloody idiot Barry.