Paul M Cat Ross

Talksport - the main station discussion place
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Paul M Cat Ross

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Claypole needs a transitioning midlifer to err handle the upcoming kelly maloney "on the couch". They are pinning everything on this winning a sony and steering them clear of the giant oncoming shitberg
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Ned

Post by Ned »

Skimmed through on 'listen again' and he says he's still doing 1-5 but on TS instead. Bizarre.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

Him and Jenny Barsby together at last!

the puddin

Post by the puddin »

Fucking hell. Cons. He's got no sporting knowledge at all. Pros. He's not Catterall. Where does this leave Big bad Billy? Give it Geoff I say!
"It's what we do...."

The End

Post by The End »

If Ross goes to TS, who takes his show?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Gazza.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The End wrote:If Ross goes to TS, who takes his show?

Nicked from the Digispy TS thread:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Caught the last ten minutes and Ross was playing clips of songs by singers born today. Otis Redding, Dave Stewart and Michael Buble amongst others. Not great.

Ross is only doing till 5am.

Tomorrow, Ross and simple Sam Stevens are going to help send an Elvis mystery tomorrow. :roll: And according to him, it is sport and a weird wide world trawl of stuff.

So, neither fish nor fowl. Bag o' shite.

Ross is only doing till 5pm. 5-6 is 'Early Sports Breakfast' with Paul Coyte. A strangely voiced chap, just hearing his intro. Plus, either the mic levels are way too high, or he's very loud.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Erskine Might wrote:He's interviewed me a few times over the years and he's always been really nice. (In contrast to Martin Kellner, who, when recording an interview, couldn't have been arsed, did zero research, paid no attention to what I was saying, and whose amusing persona - which up until then I liked a lot - appeared to have been left on a peg for when the red light comes on.) Ross at least seems to be interested, does his homework and works hard to make a conversation engaging. I must admit I'd found his cheesey TV appearances a turn-off, and I can't say I go out of my way to listen to his radio shows, but he's more of a pro than many around today.
I've always liked Ross, right from the very early days when he used to substitute for Danny Baker on Radio London (or whatever it was called then). He is rubbish on TV but so is Danny Baker.

I refuse to countenance your libel against Kelner though, and spelling his name wrongly just to annoy him is very childish. He has some great lines and I never tire of hearing them, for example:

"I left the BBC because of artistic differences. They thought Judy Spiers was better than me and I didn't".
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Champagne and Roses wrote:
Erskine Might wrote:He's interviewed me a few times over the years and he's always been really nice. (In contrast to Martin Kellner, who, when recording an interview, couldn't have been arsed, did zero research, paid no attention to what I was saying, and whose amusing persona - which up until then I liked a lot - appeared to have been left on a peg for when the red light comes on.) Ross at least seems to be interested, does his homework and works hard to make a conversation engaging. I must admit I'd found his cheesey TV appearances a turn-off, and I can't say I go out of my way to listen to his radio shows, but he's more of a pro than many around today.
I've always liked Ross, right from the very early days when he used to substitute for Danny Baker on Radio London (or whatever it was called then). He is rubbish on TV but so is Danny Baker.

I refuse to countenance your libel against Kelner though, and spelling his name wrongly just to annoy him is very childish. He has some great lines and I never tire of hearing them, for example:

"I left the BBC because of artistic differences. They thought Judy Spiers was better than me and I didn't".

In my personal experience he was a shit.

Champagne and Roses

Erskine Might wrote:
Champagne and Roses wrote:

In my personal experience he was a shit.
Channeling Rodney Marsh there

Juice Terry

Post by Juice Terry »

Who are you?
LUFC

No longer the Bridesmaid

M Cat appeared to do his usual show, just on a different station. Most err queer old friends

Champagne and Roses

Juice Terry wrote:

Who are you?
My money is on Lord Bunbury.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Juice Terry wrote:

Who are you?

A policeman knew my name.