Trans Europe Express

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Erskine Might

Re: Trans Europe Express

Post by Erskine Might »

He seemed to be happy travelling down and filling in for practically everyone after his move to Ireland. If anything, his appearances increased after the move. And I don't think one can move him from a show which was very clearly his, to a new show which he has to run whilst pretending it's Jordan's, and then say he can't do both - don't move him in the first place.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Several radio presenters in the past have broadcast from makeshift studios in their home, without the audience knowing in some instances, no reason DK shouldn’t do the show from Ireland.

When I lived in LA I used to listen to a talk radio host called Joe Crummey. Later he moved to do the local drive time show in Phoenix with the usual local news and traffic reports and so on, but unknown to the listeners Crummey was still sitting in his house in LA, he never went to Phoenix.
Last edited by Champagne and Roses on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

antdad

Post by antdad »

I wanted to tune into Euro Express but not with Stain hosting, Kelly was co-hosting with Simon Jordan earlier wasn't he?

Well that's that then, they'll never ever have the same broadcaster hosting more than one show in the same 12 - 24hrs on the same network.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

antdad wrote:they'll never ever have the same broadcaster hosting more than one show in the same 12 - 24hrs on the same network.

Goldstain has stood-in for H or J in the afternoon and still done his evening show. It has happened for the odd week. But the point that we keep on making is that DK is hardly likely to be doing 'The Simon Jordan Show' long term when they've taken away his own show. It's cheaper and more politic to prod him into leaving rather than just sacking him for no convincing reason.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Erskine Might wrote:
antdad wrote:they'll never ever have the same broadcaster hosting more than one show in the same 12 - 24hrs on the same network.

Goldstain has stood-in for H or J in the afternoon and still done his evening show. It has happened for the odd week. But the point that we keep on making is that DK is hardly likely to be doing 'The Simon Jordan Show' long term when they've taken away his own show. It's cheaper and more politic to prod him into leaving rather than just sacking him for no convincing reason.

:dart:
Quality like DK means nothing to Clayton , he wants ad revenue only , & auto cue readers like Woods who will work any hours producung shite
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

antdad

Post by antdad »

I recall a TS broadcaster saying it just wasn't done and when I did listen and Cundy and or Stain has provided cover during the day they've never hosted the evening show as far as I can recall.

It doesn't look too good for Kelly I agree and it could just be a cost cutting exercise, mind you his move to Ireland has now meant he can't really provide cover in the way he used so has far less exposure and perhaps a lesser workload is something he has been planning. Maybe he's happy being Jordan's organ grinder as he winds down.

Champagne and Roses

I remember Parry doing two separate shows in a day quite recently - part of his strategy to be permanently available and useful to management. He’s been fired at least three times from TS - in fact he was the very first person to be fired by the station after it started.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

antdad wrote:mind you his move to Ireland has now meant he can't really provide cover in the way he used so has far less exposure and perhaps a lesser workload is something he has been planning. Maybe he's happy being Jordan's organ grinder as he winds down.

I fear some previous posts are invisible. The fact is he's been doing loads of shows - until the shake-up - since his move to Ireland, and as Champers has noted, there's no reason, if he's valued, why they can't do some stuff down the line from his own studio. And if they needed someone to hold Simon Jordan's blinged-up hand while he settles into his own show, the normal thing would be to get someone like Russ Williams to do it, not a high profile 'star' presenter like Kelly. It's a blatant demotion.

Clayton doesn't want 'talent' around who are experienced enough and confident enough to speak back to him. It's hard not to settle on that conclusion. H&J are harmless, so they look like being the only senior ones to escape Clayton's purge.

Champagne and Roses

I doubt Clayton fancies firing GOA in person. I wouldn’t.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

I reckon GOA would do what George Costanza did in Seinfeld and just turn up again for work the following week as if nothing had happened.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Speaking when you can't pronounce R's correctly and some tricky foreign names might be hard for listener.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Erskine Might wrote:
antdad wrote:mind you his move to Ireland has now meant he can't really provide cover in the way he used so has far less exposure and perhaps a lesser workload is something he has been planning. Maybe he's happy being Jordan's organ grinder as he winds down.

I fear some previous posts are invisible. The fact is he's been doing loads of shows - until the shake-up - since his move to Ireland, and as Champers has noted, there's no reason, if he's valued, why they can't do some stuff down the line from his own studio. And if they needed someone to hold Simon Jordan's blinged-up hand while he settles into his own show, the normal thing would be to get someone like Russ Williams to do it, not a high profile 'star' presenter like Kelly. It's a blatant demotion.

Clayton doesn't want 'talent' around who are experienced enough and confident enough to speak back to him. It's hard not to settle on that conclusion. H&J are harmless, so they look like being the only senior ones to escape Clayton's purge.

I've read this thread in it's entirety and I think you're reading far too much into the rescheduling of Kelly and his apparent demise as a TS regular. Firstly he didn't invent the format, sure he's put his own spin on the latest incarnation but there have been Euro footy shows in some guise on and off TS for years. I vaguely remember Durham hosting a version of one god forbid, secondly it appears he's been rescheduled to host The PressBox which has just started, that's two three hour shows he's hosting on consecutive days. Despite what's been said it's rare that presenters work two shifts on the same day/night cycle , Parry doesn't count. You can believe it's a demotion but every new controller is bought in to make changes so I think the reaction has more to do with unwanted change to a popular show rather than an underhand way of getting Kelly out of the door.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

antdad wrote:
Erskine Might wrote:

I've read this thread in it's entirety and I think you're reading far too much into the rescheduling of Kelly and his apparent demise as a TS regular. Firstly he didn't invent the format, sure he's put his own spin on the latest incarnation but there have been Euro footy shows in some guise on and off TS for years. I vaguely remember Durham hosting a version of one god forbid, secondly it appears he's been rescheduled to host The PressBox which has just started, that's two three hour shows he's hosting on consecutive days. Despite what's been said it's rare that presenters work two shifts on the same day/night cycle , Parry doesn't count. You can believe it's a demotion but every new controller is bought in to make changes so I think the reaction has more to do with unwanted change to a popular show rather than an underhand way of getting Kelly out of the door.

1. Interesting idea that I might be reading too much into it. Maybe you missed the post when I said maybe I was reading too much into it.

2. Kelly seems to think it's his format. Take it up with him.

3. He's an occasional presenter of Pressbox, not the only or regular one. And how does this new-found role for him fit with your earlier claim: 'a lesser workload is something he has been planning. Maybe he's happy being Jordan's organ grinder as he winds down.'

4. I didn't mention Parry. It's welcome that you've finally read the other posts but that one isn't mine.

5. Your earlier posts were as ambivalent as this one is definitive. Weird.

Champagne and Roses

antdad wrote:
Erskine Might wrote:

Parry doesn’t count !?! Have you gone crazy man ?!?

Reg

Post by Reg »

tennisman wrote: I'm amazed at how whichever club someone like DK mentions, the guys appear to know everything about the club including specific goals by specific players and that's across 4-6 leagues.
It’s not known as a Appearance Fee for nothing.
Roy IN!!