Saggers

Talksport - the main station discussion place
tennisman

Re: Saggers

Post by tennisman »

delboy1983 wrote:For a club like Rochdale this sorts out their finances for the season and probably the next one as well..
No replay, it would not have.
The efforts the club put in to winning this money spinning tie is what the FA Cup is all about.
And they get to play at Wembley.

I sometimes think that the big clubs and the likes of TS are on some sort of mission to keep reducing the amount of actual football that goes on.

If you analyse the replays, probably the absolute number is not that high and few clubs are involved and probably for those that are, none have to play more than one a season.

But if you talk about all those replays collectively, it sounds like a problem when for clubs, playing friggin matches IS WHAT THEY DO, Saggers!!!

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Just to put Saggers', Ray and Sam Matterface's minds at rest about the frozen Norf, I live about 20 minutes from Spotland and ALL the main roads are open up here.

Greater Manchester is not a scene from the Winter Olympics.

It's more treacherous for me to get down the stairs to the kitchen on my dodgy knees than for Rochdale to get down the M62 / M6 / M1 / M25 to Wembley.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

VAR is in use - People will die.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

tennisman wrote:Just to put Saggers', Ray and Sam Matterface's minds at rest about the frozen Norf, I live about 20 minutes from Spotland and ALL the main roads are open up here.

It's more treacherous for me to get down the stairs to the kitchen on my dodgy knees than for Rochdale to get down the M62 / M6 / M1 / M25 to Wembley.

Saggers was raised of the balmy sun parched prairie of Cambridgeshire and plys his trade in the hot bustling heat sink of that London. He is naturally alarmed and confused by any sort of inclement weather.

Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

tennisman wrote:
Octavio wrote:
tennisman wrote:Saggers thinking of the children and the old people tonight.

All these Spurs and Dale fans going inexorably to their impending deaths by hypothermia and no-one is doing anything about it, Ray Houghton!

Probably reminds him of the good old days on the front line at Stalingrad.

Do you think he was miffed that Anthony Beevor failed to mention him in his epic work on the great battle?

ha I'm sure he's in the footnotes somewhere.

Your other point about replays, these pundits have totally bought into the manager's excuses about 'tiredness' and it's bollocks.

I listened to 'The 72' podcast from ts2 earlier and one of the guests was a player called Dave Edwards from Reading.

He was defending players being tired as some have only had 4 weeks off in the past 2 years due to summer tournaments and they have to train every day as well.

What utter rubbish.

How many players play every single game without a break for a ban or injuries or being rested? Can't imagine it's many.

As for training every day, give me a break. My understanding is that players have a day off after a game and when they do train it's for a couple of hours on a morning - they're not exactly putting in a 12 hour shift down the pit.

The 'tiredness' excuse has become exactly that - an excuse when a manager or player has been shit.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

tennisman wrote:VAR is in use - People will die.

:lol:
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

the puddin

Post by the puddin »

The main thing here that is never spoken about on talksport is the number of premier league games. They can say reduce the amount of replays but the thought of reducing the league to 18 which is the norm in other countries is never mentioned. Wonder why?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
"It's what we do...."

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

1- 0 Clivert and Lisa Stansfield will be fuming.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

deisegirl wrote:
tennisman wrote:VAR is in use - People will die.

:lol:

Players, predominantly fit young men in their mid 20's are being made to stand around for .....2 TO 3 MINUTES - Some of them WILL die.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

1-1 and a missed Spurs pen
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

the puddin wrote:The main thing here that is never spoken about on talksport is the number of premier league games. They can say reduce the amount of replays but the thought of reducing the league to 18 which is the norm in other countries is never mentioned. Wonder why?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good point.

Get rid of that pesky FA Cup - it's meaningless. In fact, play it as a Subbuteo contest between the supporters clubs of each club.

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

Attn: Sam Matterface - shut the fuck up about VAR.

Kind Regards,
Octavio
Last edited by Octavio on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Basualdo wrote:
tennisman wrote:Just to put Saggers', Ray and Sam Matterface's minds at rest about the frozen Norf, I live about 20 minutes from Spotland and ALL the main roads are open up here.

Saggers was raised of the balmy sun parched prairie of Cambridgeshire and plys his trade in the hot bustling heat sink of that London. He is naturally alarmed and confused by any sort of inclement weather.

Brilliant. Caroline Aherne RIP.

In fact, what few know is that Nimbo Cumulus is what the customers ask for on their full English breakfasts at the cafe I go to here on Oldham.

You avin Nimbo Cumulus on that Ron?

Aye.

It harks back to the days when special dialects and phrases were used by all the workers in the mills when everyone was going mad at the constant noise.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Could you imagine the panic/horror at the PL announcement 5 going down this year 3 up !!
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

Great VAR banter.