DK and Simon Jordan

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Erskine Might

Re: DK and Simon Jordan

Post by Erskine Might »

I've actualy not heard him yet. Spurs stadium announcer, I see on Google. So yet another London-centric TS recruit. Good work Clayton.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Erskine Might wrote:I've actualy not heard him yet. Spurs stadium announcer, I see on Google. So yet another London-centric TS recruit. Good work Clayton.
I thought TS stalwart Pete Abbott was the Spurs stadium announcer ?
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Well he's described variously as 'stadium announcer,' 'pitchside announcer' or 'one of the stadium MCs'.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Was a rare week off for T'Owl
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Bump. Or or merge murder. :(

Well, DK the master as always.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

SJ talking a great deal of sense earlier about Citeh fucking themselves over FFP. He did predict this years ago and they did play the recoding where he said that UEFA would seek to make an example of them or PSG. DK trying to be diplomatic and bumbling some shite about this being no reflection on Citeh as they 'hadn't done anything wrong' but he sought to outsource any blame to the owners.

Fuck off Danny, the general consensus amid the hilarity from fans of other clubs is that Citeh are cheating fuckers and they had this coming.

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

Another good show from these two last night, pisses all over anything else on TS by a mile. Much prefer this show to the Press Box, three's a crowd, especially when it includes a Cu(n)stis.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

kancutlawns wrote:SJ talking a great deal of sense earlier about Citeh fucking themselves over FFP. He did predict this years ago and they did play the recoding where he said that UEFA would seek to make an example of them or PSG.

I'm not sure that shows Jordan has a sophisticated understanding of the legal situation. As City had already threatened - before this ruling - to spend millions on a massive legal team to challenge UEFA, then UEFA surely know that they needed to make this purely about the rules. 'Making an example' of one club won't stand up well to legal criticism. In fact it's the most likely way to lose the case. It needs to be scrupulously 'straight' and logical to survive the kind of full-on legal attack City are probably planning.

Champagne and Roses

As UEFA seem to have treated Paree Saaaan Germaaaaan differently that also opens up an avenue for City.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Beefcake of a show.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Is this the appropriate thread? What is on right now? It's utter drivel. I am listening, well I am not now because I've switched-off, to some bloke slagging off Tyson Fury. Okay, Tyson is a bit an odd character, but at least he doesn't sit on his arse all day working for a corporation who thought hacking Millie Dowler's phone was a good idea. Fucking DO ONE. Well, in fairness he does ... but at least he put's his life on the line for it. I respect that.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Tyson could buy this pisspot station and shit it out of his cock
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Is every journalist in this country either from Manchester or London? I think we've had two who aren't- Custis and Tony Evans.

Champagne and Roses

JW90 wrote:Is every journalist in this country either from Manchester or London? I think we've had two who aren't- Custis and Tony Evans.
Custis are two on their own. But you are right. The other day we even had the grand return of Jamie “Good morning genklemen” Jackson.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

These comments from a few years ago highlight how generally peed off Kelly must be. I know he'll hang on while the pay is there but he must hate what TS is like these days - pretty much the polar opposite of his description here:

"Moz Dee offered me a job when he came over three years ago. And I had my doubts because it really wasn't a great station at the time. But within weeks I loved it. I think of it like a pirate ship. Not a pirate-radio ship. But an actual fireworks-in-the-beard, proper pirate ship. It's so small and it's filled with these renegades and ne'er-do-wells who wouldn't really find a home anywhere else, and the talk just flies. You get these brilliant calls. And they know all the presenters. Properly know them. Any big sporting event, the BBC spends days beforehand setting it all up, whereas talkSPORT turns up a couple of hours before the match in a van that looks like it's out of The Sweeney, and just starts broadcasting, with the presenters just saying what they think, and somehow it manages to give the listeners a far better flavour of what's actually going on."