Simon Jordan Buzzword Bingo

Talksport - the main station discussion place
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Simon Jordan Buzzword Bingo

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Cocked a SCHNOOK, he likes to say. Not snook, but SCHNOOK. Not sure why, other than the usual reasons we have been across on this ere fred.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

carcinogen wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:34 am It's so funny (depressing) when it's clear someone has picked-up a thesaurus. I won't lie, before my first year at university (don't worry, I went as a 'mature' student') I did the same. My first essay was riddled with the kind of shit Simon pours out. I thought it would impress. Luckily, my tutor told me to shut the fuck-up and focus on facts. Bare in mind, I was in my 20s, Simon must be in his late 40s. Someone needs to pull him aside and tell him that obtuse words don't cut no cheese. I'd tell Boris the same, but I never went to a college that taught latin.

Simple Simon DOES have an edge. Not the kind of edge he thinks he has, but as he stumbles once in a while he walks. He reminds me of a child learning to ride a bicycle with stabilizers; once in a while accidentally he can actually cycle and make progress unaided.
Another masterclass from the professional sub-editor, lecturing others on their use of English.
Roy IN!!

Reg

Post by Reg »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:53 am
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:The scenarios and vitriols of this world present a raft of problems to Senor SiJo, can you list the other words that he regularly mangles?
bona-fidey is his best one for me.
That is the correct English pronunciation, you ignoramus.
Roy IN!!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Global Platform.
Blueprint.

Fuck, he just said Zeitgeist and Conduit in one sentence. That's quite impressive cuntitude. I have to turn off now, 5 minutes is more than enough.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

No longer the Bridesmaid

There is a scenario where SiJo says scenario instead of scenarrrrrio but I have yet to encounter it

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Is he, though, is he really worse than footballers that say "myself" instead of "me", because they think it sounds posher? :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

fa
It's hard to know which letter of the alphabet he's got upto. I'm thinking 'T'. or 'S'. Fair play to the bloke I say. I' am a soft fuck. I like the fact he tries to use long words he doesn't quite understand.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Comparing and Contrasting.

No longer the Bridesmaid

It's a zero sum game, is it not?

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

I'd rather listen to SiJo than Jim "The Cunt" White

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:15 pm I'd rather listen to SiJo than Jim "The Cunt" White
Unfortunately I can't listen to SiJo because of Jim. Used to quite enjoy him on his previous shows, especially alongside DK.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Not fit for purpose.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

ccreds wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:56 am Not fit for purpose.
IS that something he says or is that what he is? Nah, Simon is quite an interesting character. Not the sort of bloke I'd like to hang around with but he's quite good on the radio because he has no self-awareness. People like Chris Sutton know exactly what they are doing and it's all very scripted and predictable. Simon isn't a wind-up merchant for the sake of it I think he actually believes in what he is actually saying. I can't hate honesty.

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:17 am
ccreds wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:56 am Not fit for purpose.
IS that something he says or is that what he is? Nah, Simon is quite an interesting character. Not the sort of bloke I'd like to hang around with but he's quite good on the radio because he has no self-awareness. People like Chris Sutton know exactly what they are doing and it's all very scripted and predictable. Simon isn't a wind-up merchant for the sake of it I think he actually believes in what he is actually saying. I can't hate honesty.
Exactly. I'm sure there are nicer people who work at TS, but at least Si is himself on the radio and it comes across as genuine.

Working alongside Jim, the most sycophantic slime ball in media, will highlight this even more. Unfortunately I just can't bring myself to listen to the bastard.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:17 amSimon isn't a wind-up merchant for the sake of it I think he actually believes in what he is actually saying.
It makes quite a pleasant change, doesn't it?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99