Matterface

Talksport - the main station discussion place
JW90

Re: Matterface

Post by JW90 »

"Not cool", as said by somebody who once remarked "We'd have wolf-whistled if it was a young lady" in commentary.

Reg

Post by Reg »

kentred1 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:16 pm The "Woke" media get all hands wringing when a club hits back when a pundit chats absolute shit like she did about Leeds
I listened to her comments during and after the game and she was very good throughout. Knows the game. The Leeds comment was a valid point of view, whether you agree with it or not, and wasn’t “insulting” or “disrespectful” or whatever other bollocks people are wailing about.
Roy IN!!

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:20 pm "Not cool", as said by somebody who once remarked "We'd have wolf-whistled if it was a young lady" in commentary.
Matterface gives off proper white knight vibes. An absolute tool who probably loves to reiterate just how much he respects women.

As said, the most over promoted man in sports media bar none. It’s madness he will be doing England games at the Euros.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Reg wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:40 pm
kentred1 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:16 pm The "Woke" media get all hands wringing when a club hits back when a pundit chats absolute shit like she did about Leeds
I listened to her comments during and after the game and she was very good throughout. Knows the game. The Leeds comment was a valid point of view, whether you agree with it or not, and wasn’t “insulting” or “disrespectful” or whatever other bollocks people are wailing about.
Carney has been pretty good when I’ve heard her before. Plenty worse out there in the wasteland that is British football punditry. However, it was clear as day to fans that she, along with Hasselbaink, hadn’t done their research on Leeds last night.

She admitted to not having watched much of Leeds before pushing the lazy Bielsa burnout theory so beloved by pundits. Having watched every Leeds game under his tenure, we’ve never burnt out physically. That first season was more of a mental thing, as demonstrated by that unfathomable collapse against Derby in the playoffs. The players lost their bottle and that had been evident since the mental blow inflicted on them in March by Sheffield United. But they were still putting in the distance every single game.

You could argue Covid gave the players a welcome rest but we didn’t benefit anymore than say Fulham, Brentford or West Brom did. In fact it initially disrupted our great pre-lockdown run. When we returned we looked sluggish and lost the first game to Cardiff. I regularly hear pundits claim we were struggling before lockdown despite the fact we won 5/5 up to that point. Opinions are valid and welcome but when stuff like that is stated, it is just clearly incorrect.

Generally speaking, I wish pundits would do more research on teams they are analysing. It’s easy to see who has done their homework and who hasn’t.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Reg

Post by Reg »

Zippy wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:27 am
Carney has been pretty good when I’ve heard her before. Plenty worse out there in the wasteland that is British football punditry. However, it was clear as day to fans that she, along with Hasselbaink, hadn’t done their research on Leeds last night.

She admitted to not having watched much of Leeds before pushing the lazy Bielsa burnout theory so beloved by pundits. Having watched every Leeds game under his tenure, we’ve never burnt out physically. That first season was more of a mental thing, as demonstrated by that unfathomable collapse against Derby in the playoffs. The players lost their bottle and that had been evident since the mental blow inflicted on them in March by Sheffield United. But they were still putting in the distance every single game.

You could argue Covid gave the players a welcome rest but we didn’t benefit anymore than say Fulham, Brentford or West Brom did. In fact it initially disrupted our great pre-lockdown run. When we returned we looked sluggish and lost the first game to Cardiff. I regularly hear pundits claim we were struggling before lockdown despite the fact we won 5/5 up to that point. Opinions are valid and welcome but when stuff like that is stated, it is just clearly incorrect.

Generally speaking, I wish pundits would do more research on teams they are analysing. It’s easy to see who has done their homework and who hasn’t.
I take your point - supporting a small club (Palace) I constantly hear "experts" spout utter bollocks because they don't have a clue about the club or the team.

I agree she was wrong on that point, but I think she was trying to say something slightly different about teams that play with intensity and overstated it.
Roy IN!!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Jim1981 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:48 pm
JW90 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 pm Says it all about this tinpot outfit that a commentator and presenter with ten times the ability in Dants is overlooked for the main role whilst this Partridge-esque scripted lines twat is given prominence and status.

Heard Dants on commentary earlier and not one scripted line or attempt at shit banter.
He'll be doing the England games on ITV in the Euros. Fuckin mental.
Only just seen this:
Nice comment and reply from Dants: :)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Reg wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:46 am
Zippy wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:27 am

I take your point - supporting a small club (Palace) I constantly hear "experts" spout utter bollocks because they don't have a clue about the club or the team.

I agree she was wrong on that point, but I think she was trying to say something slightly different about teams that play with intensity and overstated it.
Indeed. I'm glad the club has seemingly made peace with Carney. She certainly didn't deserve any abuse that came her way.

Happy new year Reg-o :)
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:43 am
Jim1981 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:48 pm
JW90 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 pm Says it all about this tinpot outfit that a commentator and presenter with ten times the ability in Dants is overlooked for the main role whilst this Partridge-esque scripted lines twat is given prominence and status.

Heard Dants on commentary earlier and not one scripted line or attempt at shit banter.
He'll be doing the England games on ITV in the Euros. Fuckin mental.
Only just seen this:
Nice comment and reply from Dants: :)
Matterface not rated by his peers? Well I never!
"Cunt" - sjbarca

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Let's get a good show today guise.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Argh! Sam's going to have a ten week break from the show because of Dancing on ice.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Thank fuck. Hopefully the mincing gonk will consider it his calling and "commit to the ice"
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 pm Thank fuck. Hopefully the mincing gonk will consider it his calling and "commit to the ice"
Or break his neck.

You may think it harsh but I could not care less.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Samuel's finally found his commentary level- describing Gemma Collins and Razor Ruddock lumbering around an ice rink.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Be interesting who fills in. Btw next week is the FA cup so there's no show. What a all round bugger.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Work well these two Sam and Dean.