Paul Hawksbee and the taxman

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Jonathan Grunt

Re: Paul Hawksbee and the taxman

Post by Jonathan Grunt »

I suspect that Talksport itself actually has very few employees, I'd assume that most of the "talent" :lol: :lol: :lol: is freelance in some way or other
PRAY GOD FOR CHELTENHAM

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

The most alarming thing is, according to his own account, Hawksbee actually WANTS Luke Moore as a regular guest.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Jonathan Grunt wrote:I suspect that Talksport itself actually has very few employees

One of them being the poor minimum-wage lackey that has to bring Alan Brazil's bacon sandwiches into the studio,
and ALL my heartfelt sympathy goes out to the poor wretch that has to clean the toilets at Talksport after the abuse dealt out
by the likes of Brazil,Parry and Quinn. :smt087
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Only me and three million pounds(sorry listeners), Andy/Taxman!

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Carlos J wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
JayMawds82 wrote:Maybe they'll go after "Good old Andy" instead

Interesting to know what GOA's arrangements are.

'But now Judge Thomas Scott has backed Hawksbee, saying his artistic freedom to pick his own guests and tell his own jokes makes him self-employed.'

What a crock of absolute shite. He's making it sound like there's a team of writers who do jokes for the rest of the presenters and he's opted out. Apart from that unfunny cunt who does a Spurs podcast and crap impressions, all the guests are foisted on them and in any case GOA is the one who does all the prep for the show with PH riffing on the back of them

I agree good old bad old Paul is a tax dodging shyster, Holden. But if he's set it up as with hia own company and:
Unlike most employees, Hawksbee gets no holiday or sick pay, pension or paternity leave. He receives a fee for each show, with talkSPORT paying him no retainer or bonus, the tribunal heard.
Then he is a self-employed. Winging it though and hopefully HMRC will appeal more.

Who is the bloke Doug used to post as a Hawksbee lookalike? Can never remember, edit, found it, Cardew Robinson: :lol: :lol:

He works the hours tS tell him. He works on their premises and he uses their equipment. He doesn’t have a named replacement he provides when he’s off,he works on OB’s where they tell him and he’s admitted that 90% of his income is from tS.

He’s a very lucky boy
There's no poem, just prose.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

He should have played 'Don't Ask Me' and then walked away.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

I'm with Hawksee on this.

100%

HMRC failed to make a convincing case.

Tough shit for them. Hope they had to pay Paul's costs.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

It appears that the tax laws are so over-complicated that not even the taxman understands them. Bring back Nigel Lawson!
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

He writes his own jokes? The only people who find Paul's jokes funny are GOA (sometimes), some 80 year old sound-engineer who worked on 'On The Buses' and Tommy Trinder's great grandson. He should be taken to the high court to prove that his jokes are 'funny'. I find them bang-average, unsophisticated purile shite for thick people who drive white vans and were born between 1949 and 1968.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

I started reading this thread thinking GOBOA had got himself a new nickname. :P
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

If there's anyone in this universe that SHOULD be made to pay, it is Andrew Jacobs
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Juice Terry

Post by Juice Terry »

Clearly knows what he's doing making himself "self employed" no holiday pay etc. He has clearly had some sound advice off someone!

They should go after GOA next :twisted:
LUFC

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

It's standard stuff .. Talksport are happy with that arrangement as they have no duty towards self employed folks. They could ring him up this morning and tell him not to come in they've replaced him (with someone cheaper most likely) end of scenario. HMRC ought to go after Talksport if they have a problem with that but they don't of course in corporate society .. they go after the individual who might just cough up. I'm pleased for him.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

rorymac wrote:It's standard stuff .. Talksport are happy with that arrangement as they have no duty towards self employed folks. They could ring him up this morning and tell him not to come in they've replaced him (with someone cheaper most likely) end of scenario. HMRC ought to go after Talksport if they have a problem with that but they don't of course in corporate society .. they go after the individual who might just cough up. I'm pleased for him.

:dart:

The lack of ‘benefits’ for being self employed is a consideration. He’s paying his fair share, so nothing to see here. He is however, now on the radar :axe:

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Working for the sun he will have hacked his own voicemail and cashed in on the story
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN