Glory Hunters

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Reg

Re: Glory Hunters

Post by Reg »

Erskine Might wrote:I've managed to avoid the programme completely, but I've been struck by how many people I've read and heard complaining about it. Personally I feel sportspeople wreck any kind of comedy game show format, because (a) they're usually not at all funny (even though, thanks to the delusions of 'bantz,' they think they're hilarious), and (b) they can't help being competitive, which clashes with the pointlessness of such a format.

Fortunately producers have realised that the solution to unfunny, competitive sportsmen is to supplement them with... er... unfunny, competitive comedians.
Roy IN!!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Even though I don't follow rugger much, listening to it on 5live rather than the gruesome game show shite on TS.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Ned

Post by Ned »

Clayton wants tS to break more stories etc. Five Live has just ended Sportsweek, which despite being presented by Alan Partridge, had a reputation for setting the agenda. So why is he missing this open goal on a Sunday morning and still putting out this aural excrement instead of a proper sports show? For all the faults of previous management, they'd have binned this drivel in a matter of weeks rather than letting it limp on.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

He can't back dahn. Standin iz graahnd. Va wist aaahm way
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The shite quiz. Sawyer allowed to speak. Not saying a lot and not your number one funster type on a comedy show. But hey. Big Slur Bob, some cunt and big gay bear Russey Grant. 8)

The Sawyer speaks, yay and not saying Bob from Arbroath thinks Enery should go .

What a trooper. What tits, what talent? :arrow:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Good old Alan Jenkins has unprotected his Twitter account again so we can see he REtweeted this a few days ago.

Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

The bloke next to Nat is looking and thinking, 'Christ, her tits are down by her knees now!'

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Good old Alan Jenkins has unprotected his Twitter account again so we can see he REtweeted this a few days ago.

Is there a strong wing blowing from the East?
Because it seems to be playing merry hell with the expensive Clerkenwell quiffs on those sickening hipster turdsuckers there. Only Ally Ross has the sense to keep his head down and out of the breeze while no doubt sneaking sidelong glances at Nat's diddies.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Had no idea Charlie Baker's day job is as a TS producer.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Harry Lemon

Post by Harry Lemon »

Post deleted

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Charlie Baker still doing the Movember thing? He looks like Micky Quinn there.

I know a guy from Dundee who's lived in London for quite a while and has a similar accent to Ally Ross - generic soft Scots with a touch of Anglo about it. Yet Andrew Marr has no trace of his accent.

OFF TOPIC A BIT.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Champagne and Roses

kevin04 wrote:Charlie Baker still doing the Movember thing? He looks like Micky Quinn there.

I know a guy from Dundee who's lived in London for quite a while and has a similar accent to Ally Ross - generic soft Scots with a touch of Anglo about it. Yet Andrew Marr has no trace of his accent.

OFF TOPIC A BIT.
The further you go up the social scale the less "Scottish" the accent, there are aristocratic families in Edinburgh who have never lived anywhere else who literally have no trace of a Scottish accent at all, you would guess they were English. Using this handy method we can easily place Big Al on the social scale, towards the left-hand end.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Champagne and Roses wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Charlie Baker still doing the Movember thing? He looks like Micky Quinn there.

OFF TOPIC A BIT.
The further you go up the social scale the less "Scottish" the accent, there are aristocratic families in Edinburgh who have never lived anywhere else who literally have no trace of a Scottish accent at all, you would guess they were English. Using this handy method we can easily place Big Al on the social scale, towards the left-hand end.

Yet Pishtank had a nice lower middle class upbringing in comfortable and safe Simshill. Not the malky wielding Gorbals ned he'd like us to think he is.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Champagne and Roses wrote:

OFF TOPIC A BIT.

Aye, but I think Andrew Marr comes from humble stock. Could be wrong.

And yes, chances you meet a Robert McGregor MacClunie Forbes the house Jock in his kilt, and he'll be the most British and unionist man you'll ever meet.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Champagne and Roses

kevin04 wrote:
Aye, but I think Andrew Marr comes from humble stock.
Not really. Privately educated and Oxbridge. That’s why he used to be a Maoist.