LWIAC

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Zippy

Re: LWIAC

Post by Zippy »

I always said Woods is most exposed when she's having to use a bit of ingenuity on a live phone in. Doesn't have the depth of knowledge or charm to make it work.

For paper reviews and auto cue reading she's perfectly competent.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Zippy wrote:I always said Woods is most exposed when she's having to use a bit of ingenuity on a live phone in.
I wouldn’t mind seeing her fully exposed, will have to check when she next has a phone-in. Thanks for the heads up.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sex tape shirley imminent. Prolly tulisaing pawas orange peckerooni
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Just seen her on Sky

Bumbling over her words and getting the number of some of the sides in the draw wrong

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

kentred1 wrote:Just seen her on Sky

Bumbling over her words and getting the number of some of the sides in the draw wrong
A graduate of the Talk Sport Radio Academy.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

She sounds quite nice today.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

Hee hee

johnnyboy45

Post by johnnyboy45 »

Gravelly voice. Chain smoker?

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Bimbo Woods and Simpleton Bent on the phone in what a combination

Bring back Danny Kelly and Stuart Pearce

JW90

Post by JW90 »

11.30am. Sky Sports switched on. Goals on Sunday about to start.

"Good morning!" *giggle* So we can add Goals on Sunday to the endless list of shows she's on.

Reg

Post by Reg »

SeanNW8 wrote:On a similar subject, I enjoy watching Goals on Sunday on sky on a Sunday morning.
A welcome alternative to MOTD and they had some good guests.

But now we have fucking Alex Scott onboard. It was dull as shit yesterday.
She offers zero to the discussions. Kammy is on his best behaviour and she has sucked the life out of the show.

I'll have to go back to Alan Shearer on Saturday night.

Woods was on GOS today. Then on Renault Super Sunday. :)
Roy IN!!

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

The thing is, if they want to have all women covering the women's game, great. Makes sense to me. But I don't see the sense in Scott covering the men's game. Aside from spouting the most up to the minute geek speak, which clearly makes Graeme Souness ill, what does she contribute? No experience of the men's game at the top level or any level. Would they choose a male player from, say, the third division to cover premier league games? Highly unlikely. And yet she's on most of the time these days. Cynical nonsense.

I've avoided hearing Laura Woods for most of this time but I did see her a while ago and was quite stunned at how clueless she was. Just on a basic professional level she didn't seem to know what was happening. There must be plenty of talented women out there who know the game, and yet they choose her. Makes no sense at all.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Erskine Might wrote:The thing is, if they want to have all women covering the women's game, great. Makes sense to me. But I don't see the sense in Scott covering the men's game. Aside from spouting the most up to the minute geek speak, which clearly makes Graeme Souness ill, what does she contribute? No experience of the men's game at the top level or any level. Would they choose a male player from, say, the third division to cover premier league games? Highly unlikely. And yet she's on most of the time these days. Cynical nonsense.

I've avoided hearing Laura Woods for most of this time but I did see her a while ago and was quite stunned at how clueless she was. Just on a basic professional level she didn't seem to know what was happening. There must be plenty of talented women out there who know the game, and yet they choose her. Makes no sense at all.

Welcome to the club Mr E .........only the fkin PC brigade fail to see through the bimbo's for what they are ........if these are the better ones , god help the one's rejected :D
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

There was an Asian lass who hosted ITV2's (I think) coverage of the games at the last Euros. She was very good. And very easy on the eye too. Doing Lineker's job at probably a hundredth of the cost and doing it better. I think the problem is when they put them in as pundits. You don't have to be an expert to host, but you should at least have above average knowledge and experience if your doing punditry.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Basualdo wrote:There was an Asian lass who hosted ITV2's (I think) coverage of the games at the last Euros. She was very good. And very easy on the eye too. Doing Lineker's job at probably a hundredth of the cost and doing it better. I think the problem is when they put them in as pundits. You don't have to be an expert to host, but you should at least have above average knowledge and experience if your doing punditry.

Punditry is a piece of piss. Before the game you tell the audience what is about to unfold. Then after the game, you tell the exact same audience what you said would happen..... didn’t. :wink:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022