kentred1

Re: Game Day

Post by kentred1 »

Durham was totally embarrassing and pathetic the way he ranted about VAR

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kentred1 wrote:Durham was totally embarrassing and pathetic the way he ranted about VAR

Will it make TS news and quotes for the next few days?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kentred1 wrote:Durham was totally embarrassing and pathetic the way he ranted about VAR

Said that Sheff Utd should have walked off when Var disallowed the goal.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Predictably, he hasn't coped well with his demotion from being completely in charge of Saturday afternoon coverage, and has been reacting by desperately trying to conjure up noisy controversies wherever he sees them.

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Carlos J wrote:

Will it make TS news and quotes for the next few days?

It will undoubtedly

Especially as he has gobshite O'Hara on with him on Monday

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

And just when it could not get worse Moose was the pundit on the game and the two of them were screaming incoherently saying VAR must be scrapped.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Woods is awful. Just awful. Even reading from a script she's rubbish.

Then there's Matterface - what a relay race of naff broadcasters that is. 'It never rains it pours,' he shouts, as an ingenious reference both to the rain and a bad run of form. Give that man a raise. He must sit in his house all week, chewing on a pencil, trying to get all of his pre-rehearsed comments ready.

'Xhaka is in exile,' he shrieks, not quite knowing what that is supposed to mean but he says it anyway. The atmosphere, he says, is always great 'when the top teams, or the so-called top teams, come to town' - so it's a great atmosphere when so-called top teams come to town, is it, Samuel? You have no idea what you're saying, do you?

'Was that a foul by Holding?' he shouts, before adding, far, far too late, 'Was that a foul FOR holding by Holding?' Really? Commentators are obsessed by puns, and seize on the chance for another one within a nano second, but Matterface's mind works with all the pace and predictability of a turning oil tanker.

Matterface starts commentating on Liverpool until he remembers it's Leicester. He's that bored.

'All week people have been talking about Leicerster winning the match,' says Sam, 'but whether that turns out to be what happens...er...remains to...er...be seen' - a classic Matterface mental cul-de-sac: he starts what he decides with zero thought is something to be contested, then his brain flicks all the alarm buttons to point out there's not much worth arguing about here and so he backs out of the area hoping people don't hear the 'vehicle is reversing' announcements.

'He's as fast as a Bugetti, Jamie Vardy, isn't he?' I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, mate.

'And Tielemans picks out Perez as England 0 Germany 1'. I assumed there was interference from another radio line but apparently Matterface thinks random unexplained scores from ladies' games is the way to go.

'Leicester should be ahead and Arsenal will be breathing a sigh of relief because...of the fact...that they aren't'. Another masterly statement of the superflous and the obvious by Samuel, even though, as usual, he makes it sound complicated.

'Guendouzi, not doing so' - Sam, mate, unless you first say what he's supposed to be doing, this makes no sense at all.

'What you can hear there is the clappers, not the rain' - again, no idea.

'30 minutes gone, Leicester, with their foot on the floor' - AGAIN, no idea!

Click. I can't take any more. For god's sake get rid of this hopeless commentator.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

I switched on after the match (game) had started - listened for ages and not once did he tell me what the score was, must have thought it was appearing in a little display in the top left-hand corner of my radio. He doesn’t even have the basic skills for the job.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

James90125

Post by James90125 »

For some reason, he's the golden boy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I do like Ashton as a summariser and when on TS. Seems to say it like it is.

Anyway, clicked to the birds soccer.

Champagne and Roses

Carlos J wrote:I do like Ashton as a summariser and when on TS. Seems to say it like it is.

There’s an interview with the new boss of Sky in the Times today. Says he wants Sky to be the home of women’s football. Doesn’t say why. Same reason Hugh ‘n’ Dazza are on on Thursdays on TS I suppose.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Champagne and Roses wrote:
Carlos J wrote:I do like Ashton as a summariser and when on TS. Seems to say it like it is.

There’s an interview with the new boss of Sky in the Times today. Says he wants Sky to be the home of women’s football. Doesn’t say why. Same reason Hugh ‘n’ Dazza are on on Thursdays on TS I suppose.

It's probably very cheap. You're not going to basing any advertising campaign on being the home of the WSL. :roll: :arrow:

Birds international update on BBC2, it's not great.

I do like like all the variations of top buns though. And the German keeper with one and plaits looks bewtiful. 8)

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Women goalkeepers are still heavy-footed numpties. Outfield players have improved a lot, but the keepers still shut their eyes, do a little hop and then pick the ball out the back of the net. But because the women's game has been declared great by the media, this can no longer be mentioned.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Click on again:

Matterface: 'Look at Brendan Rodgers' face!'

He actually said that.

'Look at Brendan Rodgers' face'.

On radio.

That's what he said. On the radio.

Sack him, for god's sake. Get rid.

Champagne and Roses

Erskine Might wrote:Click on again:

Matterface: 'Look at Brendan Rodgers' face!'

He actually said that.

'Look at Brendan Rodgers' face'.

On radio.

That's what he said. On the radio.

Sack him, for god's sake. Get rid.
It’s odd isn’t it. Maybe he thinks we’re watching on TV with the sound turned down because we prefer his lame scripted quips to the TV commentators, but as there’s a massive lag between the two these days that isn’t possible. Or maybe it’s because he’s a conceited prize dunce.