GameDay™

Talksport - the main station discussion place
BenLaw

GameDay[emoji769]

Post by BenLaw »

Erskine Might wrote:Everyone having a mare today.

Saggs read out the latest scores from yesterday's games.

Then he tried to tell an anecdote about Ray Houghton playing for Oxford, only for Danny Mills to keep interrupting by asking Houghton if he'd ever played at Oxford United's ground.

Then Mills managed to suugest that Liverpool's under 23 manager, one of the highest rated coaches at that level in Europe, was an amateur.

Then Saggs twice tried to get rugby updates even though no TS reporter was on the line to give them.

'Great show as usual guys, good good!'
It was dreadful wasn’t it.

Danny Mills is a fucking moron of the highest order.
But tries to come across as a wise old head.

I will never forget when (not so long ago) he was owned by some bloke from the northeast who had written a book on the daft reasoning behind football finances.

kentred1

Re: GameDay™

Post by kentred1 »

Nigel Adderley sounded like he wanted to Punch Durham there

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Dum-Dum's lazy vocal tics are getting worse and worse and it's as if people just take them for granted these days: 'Let's errrrr get up to date errrrrr with the latest scores errrrrrr...Bradfordtcchhhhhh lead errrrrr...another goal at Brentfordtcchhhh...errrrr...and don't forget the only place you can hear these reports is on the TalkSport networkchhhhh...errrrr...Here's Tom Rosschhhhh.....And Schhhtockportchhh have taken the lead....errrrr.....Whatchhh a game...errrrr...Here's Ian Abrahamscchhh....' He must be doing it deliberately.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

No no no Adrian is the best at round the grounds everyone says so so it must be true it must!
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JW90

Post by JW90 »

It's been a tough day for Adrian- England win and Wales lose at rugby.

Reg

Re: GameDayhis best

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:No no no Adrian is the best at round the grounds everyone says so so it must be true it must!

He is at is HIS best round the grounds.
Roy IN!!

James90125

Re: Rushden and Glendenning

Post by James90125 »

They're giggling away at their childish nonsense.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Charlie Baker is a wanker.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

scully

Post by scully »

Porky and Kelly was good .. fuck you Clayton

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

It's not going at all well, is it, for Clayton and his 'Game Day'? Look on here - zero interest. The only mystery is why the audience figures haven't yet declined as much as you'd expect. I'd normally listen on and off today for the distraction while I do a few chores, and I really couldn't be bothered. I can only assume the figures are still quite stable because so many use the station as white noise. I mean, when was the last time you heard or read any praise for TS? It's getting flak from all over the place.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Erskine Might wrote:It's not going at all well, is it, for Clayton and his 'Game Day'? Look on here - zero interest. The only mystery is why the audience figures haven't yet declined as much as you'd expect. I'd normally listen on and off today for the distraction while I do a few chores, and I really couldn't be bothered. I can only assume the figures are still quite stable because so many use the station as white noise. I mean, when was the last time you heard or read any praise for TS? It's getting flak from all over the place.
They are claiming over a million listeners for What A Game Day. Not sure on the exact basis for that number.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Baker on the Warm Up despite being with H all week. H said he had a gig in Yorkshire today. Probably the biggest weeks earner in his life.

But Charlie stick with Max and Will go oop north later.

To where? https://www.charliebakercomedy.com/tour/ Harrogate early evening then Leeds, a 40 minute drive away. Or reverse.

An odd schedule, but get coin for Baker so hey, and now earned more in a week on TS than from his comedy this year, he must be feeling queer about it all.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Carlos J wrote:Baker on the Warm Up despite being with H all week. H said he had a gig in Yorkshire today. Probably the biggest weeks earner in his life.

But Charlie stick with Max and Will go oop north later.

To where? https://www.charliebakercomedy.com/tour/ Harrogate early evening then Leeds, a 40 minute drive away. Or reverse.

An odd schedule, but get coin for Baker so hey, and now earned more in a week on TS than from his comedy this year, he must be feeling queer about it all.
His wife's in the biz too - they did a joint children's show at Edinburgh last year.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Click on - Rushden - Click off.

Try TS2: Abrahams is interviewing Wayne Rooney. So a repeat of the interview they played on TS1 yesterday. What the hell is the point of TS2 these days? If they don't want a real alternative to TS1, because they don't want to lose listeners from TS1, then they may as well scrap it and bring in Clarke and Webster (he's a West Ham fan, Lee!), Stubbsy, one or two others, and beef up TS1. If they DO want a proper second channel, then cut out all of these crap repeats from TS1!

manifique

Post by manifique »

Yep, exactly that.

Knowing Clayton he'll bring out Talksport 3 as a platform to broadcast the best bits of TS2, if there are any.

Just heard Clive Allen say the intensity in the Spurs v Chelsea fixture is unrivalled in the Premier league. I'd argue United v Liverpool is more intense in all aspects