The Wit And Wisdom Of Neil Custis

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Zippy

Re: The Wit And Wisdom Of Neil Custis

Post by Zippy »

Superb scenes when he got royally cunted by Van Gaal the other year.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JW90

Post by JW90 »

I liked Van Gaal when he was here. Hated the press and didn't hide it.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Yeah LVG affectionately called him Fatman :P
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Well maybe not 'affectionately'.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

delboy1983 wrote:Yeah LVG affectionately called him Fatman :P

He actually just said 'that man there' but Custis was too cloth-eared to notice and, predictably, took huge offence. The amusing thing was that, in true tabloid tradition, he was then 'encouraged' to respond by doing a light-hearted 'Neil goes on a diet' feature. Of course, his colleagues realised very quickly that Neil doesn't 'do' lighthearted and the project was quietly dropped.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

He milked that for all it was worth.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Erskine Might wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Yeah LVG affectionately called him Fatman :P

He actually just said 'that man there' but Custis was too cloth-eared to notice and, predictably, took huge offence. The amusing thing was that, in true tabloid tradition, he was then 'encouraged' to respond by doing a light-hearted 'Neil goes on a diet' feature. Of course, his colleagues realised very quickly that Neil doesn't 'do' lighthearted and the project was quietly dropped.

I remember him being on one of those journo panel shows just after, and it was obvious his colleagues were laughing at him rather than with him.

The man is a joke.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

This is quite revealing. Not so much the fact that he's actually misheard Van Gaal - he's not even entertained the possibility that a Dutchman saying 'dat man' sounds quite like 'fat man' and it wasn't an insult at all - but more the fact that he can't cope with the delay from the studio, so even simple comments stop him in his tracks and clearly niggle him. The bloke is just pre-programmed to take offence no matter what he encounters:

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Then there's how he is with his 'peers'. Even there he cannot tolerate anyone doing anything other than listen quietly to him. It's supposed to be a conversation but god help anyone interrupting our Neil (Heck of a size, he is, too!):

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Erskine Might wrote:This is quite revealing. Not so much the fact that he's actually misheard Van Gaal - he's not even entertained the possibility that a Dutchman saying 'dat man' sounds quite like 'fat man' and it wasn't an insult at all - but more the fact that he can't cope with the delay from the studio, so even simple comments stop him in his tracks and clearly niggle him. The bloke is just pre-programmed to take offence no matter what he encounters:

Mmm .... interesting, see how shifty he looks, constantly looking around, not looking at the camera, classic signs that he’s lying, the bit where he says he “took it on the chin” I’d guess, he didn’t, he hates Van Gaal for it and always will.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Champagne and Roses wrote:
Erskine Might wrote:This is quite revealing. Not so much the fact that he's actually misheard Van Gaal - he's not even entertained the possibility that a Dutchman saying 'dat man' sounds quite like 'fat man' and it wasn't an insult at all - but more the fact that he can't cope with the delay from the studio, so even simple comments stop him in his tracks and clearly niggle him. The bloke is just pre-programmed to take offence no matter what he encounters:

Mmm .... interesting, see how shifty he looks, constantly looking around, not looking at the camera, classic signs that he’s lying, the bit where he says he “took it on the chin” I’d guess, he didn’t, he hates Van Gaal for it and always will.

He hears 'fat' no matter what people say. I bet someone in the distance will say something like, 'I really like that hat,' and he'll squeak, 'Did you just say you like me fat?? How DARE you!' He's the porcine equivalent to Alvy Singer in Annie Hall:

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Stupid fat smoggie cunt
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Juice Terry

Post by Juice Terry »

Erskine Might wrote:Then there's how he is with his 'peers'. Even there he cannot tolerate anyone doing anything other than listen quietly to him. It's supposed to be a conversation but god help anyone interrupting our Neil (Heck of a size, he is, too!):

The size of him startled me.
LUFC

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Juice Terry wrote:
Erskine Might wrote:Then there's how he is with his 'peers'. Even there he cannot tolerate anyone doing anything other than listen quietly to him. It's supposed to be a conversation but god help anyone interrupting our Neil (Heck of a size, he is, too!):

The size of him startled me.

Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

manifique

Post by manifique »

Christ... He seems to be growing out of control. Im assuming every time he makes an outlandish comment or takes offence to anything he has a snackbox.