Grunt is a Chunt.

Erskine Might

Re: Talksport Commentary

Post by Erskine Might »

Anoyone but Proudfoot and Matterface.

shivah

Post by shivah »

Spend more time plugging the ducking sponsor than telling you what’s going on. Totally pointless.
Grunt is a Chunt.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Claypole are you reading this brah?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

It’s a feature of TS commentary across the network that the commentators act like they’re commentating for TV, there are long sections where they just chat to each other or give statistics and don’t tell you what’s actually going on in the match (game). If you watch a TV feed alongside it becomes dramatically apparent how little of the game they are actually describing. One symptom is that sometimes goals are hurriedly reported without any description of the lead-up play at all. BBC are better in this area. Again it is an issue of no review/feedback being given by producers.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Collymore introduced the style of screaming manically at a goal, so the listener had no idea what happened or who scored. Matterfaeces took this to the next level, wherein one has no idea which team was attacking
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Champagne and Roses

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Collymore introduced the style of screaming manically at a goal, so the listener had no idea what happened or who scored. Matterfaeces took this to the next level, wherein one has no idea which team was attacking
When they let Motty commentate on a couple of games he *did* realise it was radio and not TV - of course he was scuppered by attempting to add a bit of local colour - should of just stuck to the action.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

The only colour Motty has to offer is beige.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

Can't lose that famous Matterface - Pearce patter, it's what folks tune in for. :twisted:

Champagne and Roses

Is Pearce still with them ?

The BT Sport game today had Keown. He is now on TS on Fridays and presumably still on the BBC. Only Sky to go for the full set. For a start how come he’s in such demand ? he’s very average with no sense of humour. But also, aren’t these channels supposed to be competing with each other in some way ? Why are they using the same people ? Why do TS use BBC people ? Danny Murphy is another - by using him TS is effectively promoting the BBC. Do the BBC ever use Deano ?

Jonathan Grunt

Post by Jonathan Grunt »

On the (mercifully few) occasions I've heard the commentary, I've felt that the action is an inconvenience getting in the way of their betting talk
PRAY GOD FOR CHELTENHAM

Jonathan Grunt

Post by Jonathan Grunt »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Is Pearce still with them ?

The BT Sport game today had Keown. He is now on TS on Fridays and presumably still on the BBC. Only Sky to go for the full set. For a start how come he’s in such demand ? he’s very average with no sense of humour. But also, aren’t these channels supposed to be competing with each other in some way ? Why are they using the same people ? Why do TS use BBC people ? Danny Murphy is another - by using him TS is effectively promoting the BBC. Do the BBC ever use Deano ?

Only a media network where utter incompetence is not only tolerated but appears to be a prerequisite would entertain the poodle-haired Welsh twat
PRAY GOD FOR CHELTENHAM

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Jonathan Grunt wrote:On the (mercifully few) occasions I've heard the commentary, I've felt that the action is an inconvenience getting in the way of their betting talk

Everything is heading towards being partnered with a betting company.

SAGGERS RANT in association with AccaBoosty

MOOSE MY FRIEND TWEETS with We'llmakethefunstop

THE BULL RUNNING CUNT sponsored by Giveusyourmoney24/7/365

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Listened to the Man City/Spurs yesterday .. they made me lose interest and not exaggerating. The whole place is close to being switched off for good here in NE Laaandan. Well it's not even funny bad now .. how many boring bawstids do these clowns know ?

Champagne and Roses

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Collymore introduced the style of screaming manically at a goal, so the listener had no idea what happened or who scored. Matterfaeces took this to the next level, wherein one has no idea which team was attacking
From Matterface it is a howl of existential rage that his sweet Natalie is now being roughy used by the testosterone-crazed rhinoceros of breaking news that is Jim Shite.