The talkSPORT Christmas Party

Talksport - the main station discussion place
The Doctor Is In

Re: The talkSPORT Christmas Party

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Basualdo wrote:It's long been a trope of radio stations, be they music, local or national sports ones with a bigger roster of criminals than Barlinnie, to drone on and on and fucking on about their Xmas fucking dos and what a great time they all had and how wankered they were.

While we all know that in reality they preyed on nervous interns like vultures, nursed drinks like they were Faberge eggs and bitched, backstabbed and pursued their petty feuds and squabbles with all the venom and spite of Sicilian widows. If anyone got pissed it wasn't the merry, festive type of tipsy jollity but the stomach pumping, "I'd pay your last respects now, I don't think we can save this liver" type of comatose alcoholic poisoning.

But it's all tarted up in the hope that we listeners will go to our graves regretting that we never were lucky enough to breathe the rarified oxygen of a BBC Radio Paedo/Local Ads FM/TalkFelon Radio Christmas bash.

I'm old enough to remember when Radio 1 used to tape the "jolly" bits of theirs and then play it out during a usually dreary Sunday afternoon before Christmas. The Hairy Pervert and that ilk.
Peace and Love