Changing passwords

Most of this site is open to public viewing. But if you want to post then you need to register and then post in this section to let us know you are here.
User avatar
SWL-DXER
Registered user
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: The City and County of Kingston upon Hull

Changing passwords

Postby SWL-DXER » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Q: Where can I change my password? TIA.
The Iron Man of talkFORUM

User avatar
Zambo
Registered user
Posts: 26676
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:18 am

Re: Changing passwords

Postby Zambo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:01 pm

Profile, edit profile, edit account settings
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

User avatar
m4rkb
Registered user
Posts: 20484
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 pm
Location: Ape City

Re: Changing passwords

Postby m4rkb » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:08 pm

You need to change it to 'password' for maximum security combined with ease of remembering.

User avatar
SWL-DXER
Registered user
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: The City and County of Kingston upon Hull

Re: Changing passwords

Postby SWL-DXER » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:10 pm

m4rkb wrote:You need to change it to 'password' for maximum security combined with ease of remembering.


OK!
The Iron Man of talkFORUM

User avatar
SWL-DXER
Registered user
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: The City and County of Kingston upon Hull

Re: Changing passwords

Postby SWL-DXER » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 pm

Zambo wrote:Profile, edit profile, edit account settings


I have forgotten my current password and so cannot change it, but I can still log on as I have an old laptop that has it stored as *************, but on my new laptop it is obviously not stored. I also have no access to my old e-mail as I have moved out of the ISP area into a BT one.
The Iron Man of talkFORUM

User avatar
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid
Posts: 51645
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: oN TOP

Re: Changing passwords

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 pm

OK!
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

User avatar
Zambo
Registered user
Posts: 26676
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:18 am

Re: Changing passwords

Postby Zambo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 am

SWL-DXER wrote:
Zambo wrote:Profile, edit profile, edit account settings


I have forgotten my current password and so cannot change it, but I can still log on as I have an old laptop that has it stored as *************, but on my new laptop it is obviously not stored. I also have no access to my old e-mail as I have moved out of the ISP area into a BT one.

When you use your old laptop, can't you request to see the hidden password? You can also change email address in the account settings. Try changing email, then log on and go via forgot password after entering user id.

Let me know how you get on.
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

User avatar
Geezer
Forum Admin
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:50 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Changing passwords

Postby Geezer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:48 pm

I’ve authorised the request should be fine.
'This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption.'

User avatar
Zambo
Registered user
Posts: 26676
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:18 am

Re: Changing passwords

Postby Zambo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Cheers Geezer.
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

User avatar
SWL-DXER
Registered user
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: The City and County of Kingston upon Hull

Re: Changing passwords

Postby SWL-DXER » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Zambo wrote:
SWL-DXER wrote:
Zambo wrote:Profile, edit profile, edit account settings


I have forgotten my current password and so cannot change it, but I can still log on as I have an old laptop that has it stored as *************, but on my new laptop it is obviously not stored. I also have no access to my old e-mail as I have moved out of the ISP area into a BT one.

When you use your old laptop, can't you request to see the hidden password? You can also change email address in the account settings. Try changing email, then log on and go via forgot password after entering user id.

Let me know how you get on.


In the old password box, a dropdown appears with your old password in it (in dots) with your username and a keylock symbol.
You autofill the box with the password dots and it will then all go through to admin as I was changing the e-mail as well.
Thanks.
The Iron Man of talkFORUM


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests