subsub

Re: State of the Forum

Post by subsub »

OLD SKOOL!
WOKE AND PROUD

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

With my less than perfect colour vision I find the forum index difficult to read. I'd call it blue on blue, but I don't do colour description well. I only see well if there is a large colour contrast.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:32 pm With my less than perfect colour vision I find the forum index difficult to read. I'd call it blue on blue, but I don't do colour description well. I only see well if there is a large colour contrast.
You can change it if you wish. If you go to your userid at the top right of the screen and click the pull down arrow next to your ID.
Then from the tabs at the top of the centre panel choose Board Preferences.
Then on the next screen choose the pull down next to My board style and choose we_universal from the list.

That will improve if it from the blue on blue version.

If you would like something with a higher contrast we can add another style which will have a greater contrast between text and background.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:32 pm I only see well if there is a large colour contrast.
What works better? Dark background with light text or Light background with dark text?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Light background for me.

I've changed mine, but it reverts back to Pro silver when I log out.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Thanks for the method. It's now clearer. Darker on light is best for me.
You might be surprised at the problems I have watching sport on TV when two different dark shirts aren't easy to sort out. I even have to ask which is the brown, which I can't tell from the reds, when playing snooker.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:11 pm Light background for me.

I've changed mine, but it reverts back to Pro silver when I log out.
Have you disabled cookies on the site?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I hadn't but have now. Getting black on white/grey when logged in and dark blue on light blue when logged out.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm Thanks for the method. It's now clearer. Darker on light is best for me.
You might be surprised at the problems I have watching sport on TV when two different dark shirts aren't easy to sort out. I even have to ask which is the brown, which I can't tell from the reds, when playing snooker.
I have added another on called VISIO which is designed for people with different types of vision issues. Give it a go and let me know if it is any good.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:45 pm I hadn't but have now. Getting black on white/grey when logged in and dark blue on light blue when logged out.
Your preference is connected to your login, so if you view the forum while logged out then it will revert to the blue blandness. I will see if i can fix that.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

OK cheers

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Working fine now. Cheers Mark.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Once you mentioned the difference between logged in and logged out I knew what it would be.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

mark wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:50 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm Thanks for the method. It's now clearer. Darker on light is best for me.
I have added another on called VISIO which is designed for people with different types of vision issues. Give it a go and let me know if it is any good.
Thanks.
I tried it. Its clear but, strangely I found it a bit overpowering. Almost too clear. So I'm back with we-universal which I find just right.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:02 pm
mark wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:50 pm
Thanks.
I tried it. Its clear but, strangely I found it a bit overpowering. Almost too clear. So I'm back with we-universal which I find just right.
Pretty much what I thought when I tried it out. Everything being in uppercase was throwing me.
Still it's there for anybody else to try if they wish.