New Moderator

About this place.
subsub

Re: New Moderator

Post by subsub »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Time will tell if Ralph will become the Talkforum Bercow .
Carlos always states any D and D debater should play the ball and not the man, and that
should apply to mods that get involved. Ralph has been a constant nom in my TOTY since 2016 for his Brexit/Trump obsession.
Hopefully he will not let any personal political bias tempt him to reach for the banhammer.

I wonder if you'd be posting stuff like this is Roy/m4rk were made moderators. I doubt it.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Carlos always states any D and D debater should play the ball and not the man, and that
should apply to mods that get involved. Ralph has been a constant nom in my TOTY since 2016 for his Brexit/Trump obsession.
Hopefully he will not let any personal political bias tempt him to reach for the banhammer.

I wonder if you'd be posting stuff like this is Roy/m4rk were made moderators. I doubt it.

It would have been totally different if it had been you as well. :mrgreen:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

subsub wrote:

I'd say they would let any politics they disagreed with slide. It's the left that calls for bans and censorship
as proven by YouTube .
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

AlcoholBrazil wrote: It's the left that calls for bans and censorship
as proven by YouTube .

Really? Do prove it for me, via a balanced approach.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

m4rkb wrote:What's wrong with the mods we've got given there will soon be more mods than posters?
There's an agenda here and I think I know what it is.

Main mods:

Zambo: Right winger. Stickler for rules as any good ref should be. Sensible. Allows alternative opinions to flourish as long as they don't breach the rules. Even handed to the max unless you are on the left.

Carlos: liberal minded leftie but unphased by everyday opinion which people express every day in actual life. Never been known to over-react to anything.

Bas: Right winger. Practical bloke and master wordsmith. Not likely to be phased by any words said on here. Hardly likely to be demanding bans for offensive posts made by people trying to wind up the very people they are intended to wind up.

Mark: Hardline leftie who thinks a vote for conservatism is a vote for the Nazi party and Trump is going to start WW3. At liberty to ban as and when he chooses regardless of validity as he runs the site.

Arthur Brutal: Fuck knows but I once remembered he said he hates casual racism whatever that is. Otherwise unknown.

Ralph: Got enough time on his hands to be a mod. Class warrior. Gets all his opinions from Guardian writers like Owen Jones who has to cram the words far right, alt right , personality cult into disaster capitalist into every post.

On reflection we need another right winger on the team to balance things up.

Heenan would be a good choice.

I don't remember the last time I moderated on this forum. My guess is that I would be counting in years rather than weeks or months. As for calling Ralph a class warrior, oh dear. Why do you make it so personal?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Alex Jones, Steven Crowder, Gamergate, the list is endless. Do your own research.
As regards to Ralph, time will tell, and congratulations to him on getting the gig.
If he does it as well as the others , we will all be happy .
6uild 6ack 6etter .

subsub

Post by subsub »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
subsub wrote:

I'd say they would let any politics they disagreed with slide. It's the left that calls for bans and censorship
as proven by YouTube .

That's why the only forumer bleating about this is m4rk. Yep, good point, well made.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:

It would have been totally different if it had been you as well. :mrgreen:

Only a matter of time, Zambo…
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:
subsub wrote:

as proven by YouTube .

That's why the only forumer bleating about this is m4rk. Yep, good point, well made.

All I'm bothered about is seeing normal, silent majority views bing called 'far right' when they are in fact mainstream and asking for posts to be removed, the language changed or the newspaper quoted . If not I'm fine but he does have form for this kind of overstatement.

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:All I'm bothered about is seeing normal, silent majority views bing called 'far right' when they are in fact mainstream and asking for posts to be removed, the language changed or the newspaper quoted . If not I'm fine but he does have form for this kind of overstatement.

Well, 'normal' means different things to different people, doesn't it…
With the greatest respect, I would genuinely doubt that your views could be considered "mainstream".
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:All I'm bothered about is seeing normal, silent majority views bing called 'far right' when they are in fact mainstream and asking for posts to be removed, the language changed or the newspaper quoted . If not I'm fine but he does have form for this kind of overstatement.

With the greatest respect, I would genuinely doubt that your views could be considered "mainstream".

This is the problem with you leftie millennial types. Get out there and you'll find they are. But be careful. You might hear an opinion you don't like and will need counselling for trauma. :D

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:

This is the problem with you leftie millennial types. Get out there and you'll find they are. But be careful. You might hear an opinion you don't like and will need counselling for trauma. :D

Ha, you think I'm a millennial?
I'm flattered…
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
subsub wrote:

Ha, you think I'm a millennial?
I'm flattered…

Well you seem like one.

Apologies if you're not. :)

Not to be confused with many well off middle class types trying to get down with the 'under privileged' just like your average multimillionaire film star.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

That's one in the eye for old Ollie.
6uild 6ack 6etter .

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:Apologies if you're not

Apology accepted, m4rk.

:mrgreen: