Forum Upgrade

mark
Forum Admin

Re: Forum Upgrade

Post by mark »

As we go to the upgrade, a little bit of information and reminders for people.

We have pretty much emptied the ban list.
We have now closed all reports of posts, we start afresh and we upgrade our behaviour where necessary so:
  1. If you don't agree with something that is posted. reply to or question posts. Don't insult or threaten other posters (or their families, or etc.... etc... - you know, you're all intelligent enough).
  2. Don't posts insults about other forum members or groups of forum members.
  3. Avoid anything that is blatently illegal or likely to get us as a forum, or me as an owner, into bother. By that I mean avoid racism, bigotry, hate speech, all the other crap [if you want to question where I am going with this, try your hand posting somewhere else and see how things go :wink: ]
  4. Also, have a think about how many permanent bans there have been here over time and make your own comparisons. I am prepared to stand up for the right for people to post opinions on here, and I have done several times in the past. Please just don't put me in an impossible position while trying to do that.
As a reminder, the following is pretty much the guiding principle of how this forum is moderated, we don't want long lists of rules or giuidelines for dummies. The post was made at a certain time, but the principle stands. Stay with it and in the main we will have fun......
Basualdo wrote:After the past few weeks of TOTY mayhem , we in the Mod Shack thought it might be for the best if we made a lot clearer some basic ground rules for posting. As you know this place has always tried to be as free and easy as possible. This is something that in today's litigious climate is getting much more difficult to do but with a little effort from all of us, admin as much as members, we can try to keep the place in the style to which we are accustomed.

So from now on we would like to make it clear that:

1) Any divulging of another member's personal private information, including real names, unless previously willingly divulged in open forum, will result an an immediate automatic permanent or indeterminate ban. Final length of indeterminate ban to be posted in appropriate thread when decided.

2) Any deprecating remarks about a member of another poster's family will result in a warning &/or ban.

3) Any mockery of another members illness will result in action depending on the context and remark.

4) Name calling will only be openly permitted in Pandemonium. When it occurs elsewhere in the forum we will overlook the first time, but if continuing it will result in appropriate action from the mods . Again context will be taken into account.

5) Any threats to other members of the forum will result in warning &/or ban. Threats of violence will result in an immediate indeterminate or permanent ban.

6) Any piss taking you take must be equally acceptable from all members.
You cant be fine with Member A calling you a cunt or a moron because you regard Member A as a friend but object when Member Z says the same to you because you don't get along with Member Z.

7) These rules apply only to members of this forum and their families.
Celebrities, sportsmen, organisations and institutions, TS employees, politicians or generally anyone else are all fair game within the obvious legal constraints.

None of the above mentioned will be applied retrospectively. They will only apply after this post.

We don't think that these are particularly onerous guidelines and hope that both admin and membership can make sure that we can remain a site that is relatively free of the stultifying repression of most other sites.

These rules will come into effect at time of posting with a 5 day grace period of leniancy for all but the most serious offences.

The moderating team.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

This should be the last message saved on the back-up

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

We are back, upgrade is complete. Things might look a bit strange as I put all of the wires back in the right places and blow the dust off the valves.

Any questions or comments about things not working properly post them in this thread please. :shock: 8)

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Good work mark.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Good work mark. Performance issues though, very slow.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

With the forum or you know just you in general?
A joyless arsehole.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Crikey, that was quick, thanks muchly Mark.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

birdie wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 pm Crikey, that was quick, thanks muchly Mark.
Indeed it was. Next up for mark, a Covid-19 vaccine.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Shedboy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:09 pm
birdie wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 pm Crikey, that was quick, thanks muchly Mark.
Indeed it was. Next up for mark, a Covid-19 vaccine.
It might fund the forum for the next few years....... :D

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Youtube video embeds work :drinkers: 8)

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

My yam yam twang slips out from time to time which I don’t much like but mostly I effect a well spoken, sophisticated middle England accent and occasionally talk like Jordan Belfort’s dad when he answered the phone after kicking off. I do talk in Estuary English mostly like that cunt Adrian Durham when I say something like “let’s go daaaahn” much to my embarrassment.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Can’t see the find button anywhere to query old posts, posters, etc.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Thank you for your work
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:44 pm Can’t see the find button anywhere to query old posts, posters, etc.
Are you on phone or computer?
Do you know which theme you are using?
Also the search index is still building so you might have to wait for that to get a bit further. I will check when I have had my tea.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

You should be able to find them now but results may be unpredictable while the search index rebuilds.