The Full-Time Phone In

The place to discuss the TalkSPORT2 station
The Doctor Is In

The Full-Time Phone In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Aid and David Connolly proving that the phone in is dead - a collection of people spouting non stop clichés or idiots who cant string a sentence together.

Colin and Roy Hodgson are the only 2 people that have been on so far who are anywhere near approaching talking sense.
Peace and Love

JW90

Re: The Full-Time Phone In

Post by JW90 »

Phone-ins really are a waste of time now. They could be useful if they had plenty of lower and non-league fans informing people of their clubs and the situations but too many wailing plastics from the top six spouting the same tired nonsense each week.

Arthur Brutal
Forum Admin

Post by Arthur Brutal »

People actually called them in real time, on TS2?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

WOT AIII FAKKIN FINK RITE IZZISS
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

full time fone ins died , the day Baker & Kelly were replaced by Mellor ........god knows how many years ago , they could do a genuine fans call, or dump a nutter & go abstract ala "Any more pie" or the infamous "joanne" calls :D
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

One small thing they could do to try to improve the phone-in format is just say upfront they’re taking no calls at all criticising any refereeing or VAR decision, none at all, and if anyone does they’ll be dumped. I’d be intrigued to hear what would be left - let’s go to the phones !
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Had a loud tannoy interruption from Brighton I think where Alvin is. Haidy is at Southampton. Could be on clips of the week. That's if they take talkSPORT 2 ones.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Phone ins are always horrific. I don't want to hear any fucking cunt pleb shit on about his issues. Just give me the owl poking fun at authority
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

JW90 wrote:Phone-ins really are a waste of time now. They could be useful if they had plenty of lower and non-league fans informing people of their clubs and the situations but too many wailing plastics from the top six spouting the same tired nonsense each week.

I wonder what the breakdown is between listeners at home and those travelling. Because fans travelling home from matches, often facing hours on a motorway, will listen to pretty much anything to combat the boredom, and in that context phone-ins are okay because you'll pick up some gossip from other matches and maybe some amusing anecdotes - you don't want endless moaning but your tolerance levels are still higher than usual.

But if you're listening at home, well, I'm not sure why - most people surely have better things to do. That's one of the reasons I'm sceptical about the hype about 'Game Day'. It's as if Clayton thinks Saturdays are when TS has its biggest audiences. Maybe it does, I haven't seen the figures, but it would surprise me a bit. It probably has its most unusual audience compared to weekdays, as there will be so many travelling fans, but if TS can't top that size of audience during a normal day then that ought to worry Clayton.

How many want to listen to THREE live games in a day? You'd have to tie me to a chair to make me do that. Aside from that it's just chat from around the grounds and a phone in.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

On Saturdays I just want Around The Grounds, no commentary at all, I want to be able to switch on while I'm doing something else or in the car and in a minimum of ten minutes find out what's happening, I'd even tolerate Durham doing it because he doesn't have much of a chance to insert his own manufactured opinions and he seems to be at least familiar with most lower league teams. On Sunday or Monday I might listen to a commentary though - this Sunday I listened to Barnsley v Leeds on TS but usually the BBC would be preferred. That's why I think the TS rights package is a disaster - you can see that TS think this too because they shove their second game on a Saturday onto TS2 - I'd like to see the audience size for that, they paid for it but they throw it away. TS audience figures overall are a bigger mystery though - I'm at a loss to explain how some of their output even registers.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

The Doctor Is In

Lot of unhappy 'Orns this evening.

#sackthemanager
Peace and Love

Reg

Post by Reg »

Northern Troglodite wrote:full time fone ins died , the day Baker & Kelly were replaced by Mellor ........god knows how many years ago , they could do a genuine fans call, or dump a nutter & go abstract ala "Any more pie" or the infamous "joanne" calls :D
Whatever you think of those two, they didn’t give a shit about getting sacked, so they just did what they wanted.

It was hit and miss, but for once you got something approaching a conversation among real football fans - not some tedious “debate” or Tim Lovejoy style “banter”.
Roy IN!!

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Phone ins are always horrific. I don't want to hear any fucking cunt pleb shit on about his issues. Just give me the owl poking fun at authority
Agreed, but I would make an exception in you were to phone in and give it the full gun.
Roy IN!!

The Doctor Is In

I never could stand Danny Racist Baker and his London media bubble pish. We're far better off without the racist polluting the airwaves, nasty little Racist Millwall fan that he is.
Peace and Love

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

ass
Build Back More Betterer