The tS2 appreciation thread

The place to discuss the TalkSPORT2 station
Lou Grant

The tS2 appreciation thread

Post by Lou Grant »

Things I like about tS2:

It's not just football, football, football - in fact it's largely anything but football
The commentators and summarisers they get for their live coverage are largely intelligent, insightful people who impart interesting information and opinions rather than shouting a lot and offering dull cliches
The sports discussions shows also step beyond the usual tS format of hyped up arguments and shouting for the aim of getting people to phone in.
The advert breaks are fewer and shorter
They have an alternative sports breakfast show (not really sure why) that doesn't feature a drunk Scottish bigot who has no interest in anything that doesn't involve betting or getting a freebie

On the downside
- their cricket coverage is dominated by Andrew McKenna and John Norman, two dull rejects from the main station.
- they don't offer a listen again service for their sports shows
- the schedule displayed on their website isn't always accurate
- if you're unlucky you might switch on and catch The Moose doing his football league round up.
- I still can't get it on my DAB radio, so I have to listen via tune in or on their website
- can't see where they are generating revenue for this station and so it will probably be gone by this time next year
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Holden Mcgroyne

Re: The tS2 appreciation thread

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

A superb addition for sports radio fans. Just listening to an hour's golf show with Bob Bubka and Rupert Bell. Two knowledgable blokes chatting away. Enjoyed the boxing and rugby league shows too.
There's no poem, just prose.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Never listened to it and don't plan to.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I set it, forgetted it, cranked up the dial and ripped the knob off!!
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Gonna give that racing programme a listen today.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Always think they are trying to do a similar job of Radio5 extra and cannot do F1 or Wimbledon because of rights.
Hopefully they can do tournaments like the French Open and US Open (Tennis) and some cricket which the BBC don't bother with .
Wrap a few rounds of copper wire round the aerial to boost it, as the ones fitted I found do not give full coverage.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

5 live do both the French and US open, but as I doubt they have exclusive rights then I'm sure tS2 can do them as well. BBC do EVERY domestic cricket match - either on 5live extra or online.

The things tS2 cover that 5live don't are the IPL (the team that wins the toss wins the match, so slightly underwhelming) and tennis masters tournaments that the BBC mostly don't cover (Indian Wells excepted)

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

5 live tend to focus on the Murray,Federer and Djokovic games. TS2 can follow some of the others.
Being an Olympic/Paralympic year, be interesting on how TS2 approach that.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Did you hear their Monte Carlo coverage? They did every Murray game, every Federer game, every Djokovic game. They will do any game involving a Brit where they can. Exactly the same as 5live.

Listen to the dedicated tournament radio streams if you want to hear a non UK biased coverage and full 24/7 coverage.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Lou Grant wrote:Did you hear their Monte Carlo coverage? They did every Murray game, every Federer game, every Djokovic game. They will do any game involving a Brit where they can. Exactly the same as 5live.

Listen to the dedicated tournament radio streams if you want to hear a non UK biased coverage and full 24/7 coverage.
No thanks.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

ccreds wrote:Gonna give that racing programme a listen today.
Listened to it and gonna listen innabit. It didn't go in that much in terms of talking about form that much and was only good for half an hour. Needs another show to compliment it.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Its quite decent actually.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Does Durham do a phone in when Talksport 1 start their football coverage on a Saturday? I haven't yet heard that. I'm sure I heard them mention this around the launch of Talksport 2. Bit late now as the season is over.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

No, there is usually either tennis or IPL or rugby.

Saturday is essentially Dants doing an around the grounds in between the live action from the tennis/cricket/rugby

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

There's been a problem with the transmission I think for this weeks racing club programme. So they've binned it for this week.