no sound on premier league games from abroad

The place to discuss the TalkSPORT2 station
gooner

no sound on premier league games from abroad

Post by gooner »

Hi,
I am new here & was wondering if somebody can tell me why i have no sound when listening to premier league games from usa via a vpn, this has only started happening the last few weeks, the page loads & everything is normal except the sound.

Thanks, Mike

Eaststand

Re: no sound on premier league games from abroad

Post by Eaststand »

They probably don't own the rights anymore. I had the same problem when I lived in Cyprus years ago.
Build Back More Betterer

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

Yeah, what Eaststand says, it sounds like a rights/copyright/legal thing.

I can't even listen to 5 Live football commentaries on my stereo via the internet (I'm in the UK). I just get a looped message...."due to rights restrictions we are unable to broadcast blah blah...."

Either that or you've pressed the mute button.

gooner

Post by gooner »

Thanks for the replies, i doubt its a copyright thing as we are supposed to be able to listen from abroad & its still being advertised as such. There is a program called deezer that has the rights in europe but i cant work out how to find the matches on there hence i use usa via a vpn. All worked until last week i think.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

gooner wrote:Thanks for the replies, i doubt its a copyright thing as we are supposed to be able to listen from abroad & its still being advertised as such. There is a program called deezer that has the rights in europe but i cant work out how to find the matches on there hence i use usa via a vpn. All worked until last week i think.

Yeah but Talksport give listeners the impression they are travelling all over the world ,commentating at the stadium alongside a pundit when in fact they are watching it on the TV in someday's UK allotment
They also claim exclusive rights for games that are on TV here.
So all is not as it seems
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Reg

Post by Reg »

delboy1983 wrote: Yeah but Talksport give listeners the impression they are travelling all over the world ,commentating at the stadium alongside a pundit when in fact they are watching it on the TV in someday's UK allotment

First I’ve heard of this.

I’m sure if it were true, then one of the tS experts, such as Doug, would have mentioned it by now.
Roy IN!!