The place to discuss the TalkSPORT2 station
JW90

Re: The Cricket

Post by JW90 »

Broadcasting the cricket from home (and studio basements) off the TV

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Jonathan wrote:The “Home” of cricket but nothing actually from home. If they said “Home of International Cricket” then I would accept the point you are making.

Home as in the place you go to to hear cricket, not home as in covering home cricket (although the blast is a home tournament last time I looked)

I actually don't mind their IPL coverage - aside from McKenna, they tend to draw commentators from other sources (often the same people that do the county commentaries for the BBC). Where there are alternative audio commentaries available for cricket though, I'd always choose those.

Not heard any of their coverage from Sri Lanka and don't intend to.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Lou Grant wrote:
Jonathan wrote:The “Home” of cricket but nothing actually from home. If they said “Home of International Cricket” then I would accept the point you are making.

Home as in the place you go to to hear cricket, not home as in covering home cricket (although the blast is a home tournament last time I looked)

I actually don't mind their IPL coverage - aside from McKenna, they tend to draw commentators from other sources (often the same people that do the county commentaries for the BBC). Where there are alternative audio commentaries available for cricket though, I'd always choose those.

Not heard any of their coverage from Sri Lanka and don't intend to.

Oops, I always get my Bashes and Blasts mixed up :?

To be honest I never venture as far as TS2 so I really have no idea what they cover.

I was only really making the point they claim to the “home of” which I always think is a bit daft as no one covers everything.

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Oh look, its raining.
Peace and Love

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

For all the rubbish that comes under the talkSPORT banner, they are actually doing a good job with their cricket commentary / show.
Godwin's law

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

ToRmAtO wrote:For all the rubbish that comes under the talkSPORT banner, they are actually doing a good job with their cricket commentary / show.

It helps that they are using the services of seasoned cricket commentators and analysts. The odd hour that I've heard has been on a par with TMS.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

The Doctor Is In

Gough trying to interact with Athers and Nickers is an embarrassing listen, he sounds like a 5 year old who has been repeatedly dropped on his head trying to talk the ins and outs of nuclear physics with Einstein.

The bloke is clearly thick as pigshit and the only weak links in the T2MS squad are him and Anne Drew.

Its been top top stuff from the boys, I imagine TMS will be shitting it as talkSport are showing they can easily cover the cricket - I hope tapes have been sent to the ECB, maybe time to shake up the home coverage next time the rights come round.
Peace and Love

Jonathan Grunt

Post by Jonathan Grunt »

Credit where it's due - I've listened to a fair bit of the coverage and it's been pretty decent.

A bit like Talksport 2 in general to be honest, as they just stick to what they say they're going to do.
PRAY GOD FOR CHELTENHAM

The Doctor Is In

T2MS has been a great listen, hopefully TMS will up it game for next summer.
Peace and Love

Juice Terry

Post by Juice Terry »

Are they there? Or commentating off the telly?
LUFC

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Criggit.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Is that bloke who says on the Talksport adverts" Stokes has done it again, just when England needed a hero they found one" commentating?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Juice Terry wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:00 am Are they there? Or commentating off the telly?
Telly. What wuthg quarantine and all that. Though would have probably been off the telly in normal times.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Juice Terry

Post by Juice Terry »

Carlos J wrote:
Juice Terry wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:00 am Are they there? Or commentating off the telly?
Telly. What wuthg quarantine and all that. Though would have probably been off the telly in normal times.
Makes sense. Cheers
LUFC

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

The Doctor Is In wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:34 am Gough trying to interact with Athers and Nickers is an embarrassing listen, he sounds like a 5 year old who has been repeatedly dropped on his head trying to talk the ins and outs of nuclear physics with Einstein.

The bloke is clearly thick as pigshit and the only weak links in the T2MS squad are him and Anne Drew.

Its been top top stuff from the boys, I imagine TMS will be shitting it as talkSport are showing they can easily cover the cricket - I hope tapes have been sent to the ECB, maybe time to shake up the home coverage next time the rights come round.
+1 Gough's grammar and vocal diction are awful for a cricketing commentator. At least Boycott makes sense for a Yorkshireman.

Can beat a bit of Bumble though.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>