The Return of IROMG

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
kevin04

Re: The Return of IROMG

Postby kevin04 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 am

Mike biten by a 'friend'. JHB is a horror, but MG trying to suck up to her and boom!

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Erskine Might

Postby Erskine Might » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Oh dear. I bet Mike's back on his laptop: 'Tap-tap-tap..."Julia Hartley-Brewer was never actually my friend. In fact I never really liked her at all. She was well-known for being rubbish at being a journalist, and was forced eventually to seek refuge in radio". Tap-tap...Oh, hang on, that's me, too. Um...'

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Ol' MK just got his tiny nuts blasted back into his gunt. Twitter? Bitter, more like
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Hahaha, Higgo ; and C&R - that does sound exactly like something he'd bash out on the e-book due for release in December.

I don't mind ol' MG and don't particularly care for Fogarty (the times I've heard her) but a shame if a man is going to go down the HARD BREXIT route for his wage and 'listeners' but I've mentioned that enough of late in here.

GET BACK! GET BACK! As Porky once sang to the 1am night time slot with ol' Pork and the OTR podcasts.

Has anyone listened to his Thought Police podcast? I haven't since episode 4, and I don't think I will.

My gut feeling is that MG got jealous when Porky started doing Jeremy Vine's Channel 5 program plus the Porky solo gig and used the Porky lashed up abusing people as his get out reason. Struggle to believe that MG who's been prone to the Twitter out burst and seen Porky go on rampages too plus suspended from his/their radio show for it e.g Jim White - that him accusing a pal of not paying them as 'the final straw'.

Then again, 5-6 years constantly working and touring with Parry probably does have its toll on everyone.

Desolation

Postby Desolation » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Erskine Might wrote:Oh dear. I bet Mike's back on his laptop: 'Tap-tap-tap..."Julia Hartley-Brewer was never actually my friend. In fact I never really liked her at all. She was well-known for being rubbish at being a journalist, and was forced eventually to seek refuge in radio". Tap-tap...Oh, hang on, that's me, too. Um but I really really would like a go on her massive fucking tits...'
Proud Gammon and imperious Little Englander!

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:21 pm

kevin04 wrote:Hahaha, Higgo ; and C&R - that does sound exactly like something he'd bash out on the e-book due for release in December.

I don't mind ol' MG and don't particularly care for Fogarty (the times I've heard her) but a shame if a man is going to go down the HARD BREXIT route for his wage and 'listeners' but I've mentioned that enough of late in here.

GET BACK! GET BACK! As Porky once sang to the 1am night time slot with ol' Pork and the OTR podcasts.

Has anyone listened to his Thought Police podcast? I haven't since episode 4, and I don't think I will.

My gut feeling is that MG got jealous when Porky started doing Jeremy Vine's Channel 5 program plus the Porky solo gig and used the Porky lashed up abusing people as his get out reason. Struggle to believe that MG who's been prone to the Twitter out burst and seen Porky go on rampages too plus suspended from his/their radio show for it e.g Jim White - that him accusing a pal of not paying them as 'the final straw'.

Then again, 5-6 years constantly working and touring with Parry probably does have its toll on everyone.

MG spends an unhealthy amount of time on Twitter, but perhaps it comes with the media territory.

With regards to the podcast, I couldn't warm to Matt Kelly. Although MG's TalkRADIO show seems popular, the content is too boomer orientated for me. Callers often resemble Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells and Daily Male Online* who constantly complain about Brexit – it's ever decreasing circles on both sides, in my opinion. Other topics discussed include 'what is the most annoying thing about going to the cinema?' and 'have you tried to work out your carbon footprint?' Lol. Yawn.

I loved the Two Mikes, though; their live shows were a scream.

* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Image

POTY and TOTY Winner 2009

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:24 pm

kevin04 wrote:Mike biten by a 'friend'. JHB is a horror, but MG trying to suck up to her and boom!

POTY and TOTY Winner 2009

Champagne and Roses

Postby Champagne and Roses » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:07 pm

JHB: Radio presenters shouldn’t slag each other off. Same with journalists as the following master of ethics has decreed:

However, what about footballers ? Half of the TS workforce would be made redundant. What about politicians ?
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:17 pm

Getting all nostalgic for this.

How can it have ended so sloppy with The Two Mikes.

Parry can work his magic with few - Kelly and Brazil - but it was always best when with MK. Both with their love of baps, blagging and bladdo.

It was hardly radio gold but it was really funny at times. It really cheered me up especially on a crappy Saturday in February if I was working and them in my ear to forget the blues. Their OTR podcasts were brilliant at times, couldn't beat hearing the two Mikes calling some aged journo ''a mad shagger'' or hearing about Buzz Aldrin who was a ''absolute prick,''.

All thing must pass etc, but for it to end the way it did, was hugely disappointing. MG is now a Brexit ''talking it straight'' almost troll/shock-jock appealing to his followers who have the likes of JR from Dallas; Farage ; or a Union flag as their avatar - Brexit has almost been done to the end and I'm not against anyone ; just how did it go from fun/madcap drunks to being a Coke Zero version of Paul Joseph Watson.

And Parry is getting about 15 likes a Tweet in between podcasting with a comedian of 1000 followers or being what Ed Vaisey or Lowri Turner were on The Wright Stuff once a week/fortnight.

They had undeniable chemistry together and although we'll no doubt hear all in the book about their relationship but seems a shame to see two people who maybe weren't close pals, but at least got along enough to make a bit of dough together end so shitely (yes, probably not a word) and go off in even shittier directions.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Postby Carlos J » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:24 am

Top video from Doug, Kevin. :)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am

Hahah, I thought it might be him but didn't check the name ;)

Alistair Stewart in for MG.

He's alright. A happy chappy with a hyenna/smokers laugh but seems a jolly good fella. Looking forward to the handover with Ian Collins at 13:00.

I am off today and I plan on listening to Collins - panning for more CollinsGOLD.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Moved from here to the Col's thread.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 pm

The bits I've heard of Alistair Stewart have been quite good.

He's very Partridge, low key and doesn't take himself too seriously and that hyena laugh.

Although there is a lot of "It's 44 minutes past eleven which means its ....err... 16 minutes to midday," and he does the ''Thank you very much indeed'' thing that Gaunt does.

It's been fine though and find myself smiling when he does his big loud chortle!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:09 pm

They pissed it away. As per
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Holden Mcgroyne

Postby Holden Mcgroyne » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Just not right for a bloke on holiday spending so much time having so many pathetic, points scoring twitter spats.
Last edited by Holden Mcgroyne on Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt