The Return of IROMG

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
kevin04

Re: The Return of IROMG

Postby kevin04 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Yup, think so too, Zippy.

I even paid the five quid or so for the NY stream. :oops:

Really do wonder what happened with them breaking up. Parry was a bit out of line (accusing MG's promoter pal of pocketing cash from their Glasgow show when hammered at Aintree) but was that the final straw? Surely not? Considering what both of them have said whilst hammered on Twitter etc.

Maybe MG had enough and thought féck it, we've ran our course, I've got that gig on talkRADIO plus Porky doing that solo gig and going on Jeremy Vine, time to call it quits.

Two incredibly stubborn men were always going to come to an end at some point. Parry's sociopathic "I don't know what he is talking about" response after it plus MK's thin-skin finished it, meaning they were would be no apology, sit down etc.

Just all a bit odd, alos how did it last so long? They were planning on a Leeds summer show in 2019 as well plus they've 'toured' went to New York etc, and even for the bit of cash they made on the side from it (can't imagine it was that much but a nice wee earner) that they surely had a bit of time for each other.

Shame though, as it was probably my favourite podcast. I listen to comedians who don't even make me laugh out loud as much as they two did. Their OTR plus the radio show (after they had done talking sports) was just brilliant. That beef with the Beef ; speaking to madcap Scientists in California ; Porky bullshíting about well everything and MK playing the droll lead - supoib!

For some reason I have OTR episode 66 engrained in my brain. The Mikes talking of Bill Clinton and MG meeting him golfing something like

MP - Ah, Bill was a randy bastard. He's probably still at it!

MK - Oh I don't think so. Not now!

MP - I disagree.

MK - You must be joking! Have you seen the state of him? He doesn't look like he could fuck anything!

:lol:

Pissed all away.

Still! I hope for a HELL FREEZES OVER THE TWO MIKES LIVE AT THE O2 IN 2021!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Perfectly summed up Kev. Hoop-o raises his pint to you :drinkers:
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Holden Mcgroyne

Postby Holden Mcgroyne » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:36 pm

kevin04 wrote:Yup, think so too, Zippy.

I even paid the five quid or so for the NY stream. :oops:

Really do wonder what happened with them breaking up. Parry was a bit out of line (accusing MG's promoter pal of pocketing cash from their Glasgow show when hammered at Aintree) but was that the final straw? Surely not? Considering what both of them have said whilst hammered on Twitter etc.

Maybe MG had enough and thought féck it, we've ran our course, I've got that gig on talkRADIO plus Porky doing that solo gig and going on Jeremy Vine, time to call it quits.

Two incredibly stubborn men were always going to come to an end at some point. Parry's sociopathic "I don't know what he is talking about" response after it plus MK's thin-skin finished it, meaning they were would be no apology, sit down etc.

Just all a bit odd, alos how did it last so long? They were planning on a Leeds summer show in 2019 as well plus they've 'toured' went to New York etc, and even for the bit of cash they made on the side from it (can't imagine it was that much but a nice wee earner) that they surely had a bit of time for each other.

Shame though, as it was probably my favourite podcast. I listen to comedians who don't even make me laugh out loud as much as they two did. Their OTR plus the radio show (after they had done talking sports) was just brilliant. That beef with the Beef ; speaking to madcap Scientists in California ; Porky bullshíting about well everything and MK playing the droll lead - supoib!

For some reason I have OTR episode 66 engrained in my brain. The Mikes talking of Bill Clinton and MG meeting him golfing something like

MP - Ah, Bill was a randy bastard. He's probably still at it!

MK - Oh I don't think so. Not now!

MP - I disagree.

MK - You must be joking! Have you seen the state of him? He doesn't look like he could fuck anything!

:lol:

Pissed all away.

Still! I hope for a HELL FREEZES OVER THE TWO MIKES LIVE AT THE O2 IN 2021!

Another excellent post Kev.

The OTR podcasts will never be topped. You knew there was a huge amount of exaggeration of stories they told, but I keep going back to them. My favourite is the one where Porky went out on the piss on Xmas Eve and one of the crowd with them disappeared at some stage in the evening, someone noticing a window was open near a pub they were in. Porky was on duty next day and one of his jobs was to phone the police for any stories. It turned out the bloke had jumped to his death. It sounds bleak, but the way it was told still has me chuckling now

Bit in bold. They were charging £30 plus for tickets for Shepherds Bush and the piss up watching an England World Cup game. They'd have trousered a bit from that
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

Erskine Might

Postby Erskine Might » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:07 am

I'm still trying to get over hearing them both pronounce PG Wodehouse as 'PG Woe-d-house'. I don't know why but that amazed me. It's like discovering the 'whacky' character you've known for a while isn't really whacky but just downright stupid.

But I agree with Kevin, I do miss the shows and podcasts.

Parry could always fit back into that kind of double act, but I doubt Graham could. Once you've embraced the dark arts of shock jock talk radio, and revelled in its licence to nastiness, you can't really go back to whimsy. Parry merely fell off a bridge, Graham soaked it in petrol and set fire to it.

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Zippy wrote:2014-2017 overnight Mikes was their golden period. I felt the New York trip was probably their absolute peak and it was all downwards after that.

I miss The Two Mikes!

smh.
POTY and TOTY Winner 2009

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:43 pm

Erskine Might wrote:Parry could always fit back into that kind of double act, but I doubt Graham could. Once you've embraced the dark arts ofshock jock talk radio, and revelled in its licence to nastiness, you can't really go back to whimsy. Parry merely fell off a bridge, Graham soaked it in petrol and set fire to it.

Yeah, but that Twitter ratio, though. Our boi needs likes and retweets. smh.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Iron Mike and Seb Gorka :lol:

He'll be Trump's adviser next.

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 pm

kevin04 wrote:Iron Mike and Seb Gorka :lol:

He'll be Trump's adviser next.

Holden Mcgroyne

Postby Holden Mcgroyne » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 pm

You can smell the desperation.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

Erskine Might

Postby Erskine Might » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:49 am

It's probably Old Spice.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:37 am

Raffles and chip fat. Oh wait that's porky
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019