Iain Lee

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
MrTea

Re: Iain Lee

Post by MrTea »

What a self righteous cock Iain Lee is - he's having a go at someone again on twitter because of something light hearted said to Kath, she's a fucking shit "presenter" Iain, you're obsession with her is out of hand, you gave her a job as your ass-licking sidekick, but people ARE allowed to say stuff to her without it being turned into sexism.

She's annoying, too shit to be on radio (that's why she's with you), and it has nothing to do with her being a woman.

Suck it up you lanky snowflake. This isn't your platform and you have no authority, I'm not on twitter but you'd block me if I was. So, read this and hopefully something triggers.

Read the digital spy thread, it's heavily moderated but there's no denying the general opinion about your show and co host.

IMAKEYOURIGHT

Post by IMAKEYOURIGHT »

It is now a very bizarre show.

When he 'left' TalkRadio it seemed to be the right decision. He was clearly miserable and spent half his time arguing with callers (that's when he was actually in work and not on leave).

I was looking forward to his Twitch show. He was passionate again about it and seemed like this could be his niche. I tuned in for the first few shows which were pretty good, but after a couple of weeks you could already sense the enthusiasm dropping and in turn the quality of the shows did too, so I tuned out...

Having listened to some recent podcasts to see whether it had picked up again, it's now a strange show. "Content" appears to be the following:

- Where's Bond (funny at first, but not every show)
- Technical difficulties...this really does seem to be 50% of the show and I cant believe he can't sort this nonsense out before he goes on air as it's not entertaining.
- Dead silence when above technical difficulties are happening. At this point Kath needs to step up and fill in - at least have something prepared if you can't adlib
- Berating of callers. Often quite in a nasty way (yeh "be kind", etc). Some of these seem to be vulnerable people.
- Moaning about how his salary doesn't cover his outgoings (£50k PA). I'm actually not sure if this is his way of telling Kath to pull her weight a bit as he's giving her half his salary.
- Spending more time reacting/ moaning about what is happening in the chat room rather than putting out some quality content.
- Moaning about viewing numbers going down. See above points for reasons why.

I understand that he had an argument with Kath recently which caused him to cut the feed an hour early and this was because she was texting throughout that show and others. If that's correct that is not a good look, especially as everyone can now see her as opposed to doing it covertly on the radio. Whether it's a man or a woman, it's amazing that he gives someone £50k p.a. to add nothing to the show - IMO. At this point he's better off pocketing £75k and then paying someone to actually sort out the technical difficulties so that he can concentrate on making the show great.

I hope that he can return back to the great host he used to be as this opportunity is not yet lost and I would constructively suggest that at least having some upbeat/ funny topics laid out at the start of each night would help with this. Otherwise he gets very few/ or low quality calls, gets in a bad mood because there are subsequently few watchers, and then no one wants to call him because they know they'll just get a shirty Iain ranting at them if they do dare call in. And so the circle continues.

I should add that the short podcast says it's the 'best of' that night's show...

MGA99

Post by MGA99 »

IMAKEYOURIGHT wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:22 pm It is now a very bizarre show.

When he 'left' TalkRadio it seemed to be the right decision. He was clearly miserable and spent half his time arguing with callers (that's when he was actually in work and not on leave).

I was looking forward to his Twitch show. He was passionate again about it and seemed like this could be his niche. I tuned in for the first few shows which were pretty good, but after a couple of weeks you could already sense the enthusiasm dropping and in turn the quality of the shows did too, so I tuned out...

Having listened to some recent podcasts to see whether it had picked up again, it's now a strange show. "Content" appears to be the following:

- Where's Bond (funny at first, but not every show)
- Technical difficulties...this really does seem to be 50% of the show and I cant believe he can't sort this nonsense out before he goes on air as it's not entertaining.
- Dead silence when above technical difficulties are happening. At this point Kath needs to step up and fill in - at least have something prepared if you can't adlib
- Berating of callers. Often quite in a nasty way (yeh "be kind", etc). Some of these seem to be vulnerable people.
- Moaning about how his salary doesn't cover his outgoings (£50k PA). I'm actually not sure if this is his way of telling Kath to pull her weight a bit as he's giving her half his salary.
- Spending more time reacting/ moaning about what is happening in the chat room rather than putting out some quality content.
- Moaning about viewing numbers going down. See above points for reasons why.

I understand that he had an argument with Kath recently which caused him to cut the feed an hour early and this was because she was texting throughout that show and others. If that's correct that is not a good look, especially as everyone can now see her as opposed to doing it covertly on the radio. Whether it's a man or a woman, it's amazing that he gives someone £50k p.a. to add nothing to the show - IMO. At this point he's better off pocketing £75k and then paying someone to actually sort out the technical difficulties so that he can concentrate on making the show great.

I hope that he can return back to the great host he used to be as this opportunity is not yet lost and I would constructively suggest that at least having some upbeat/ funny topics laid out at the start of each night would help with this. Otherwise he gets very few/ or low quality calls, gets in a bad mood because there are subsequently few watchers, and then no one wants to call him because they know they'll just get a shirty Iain ranting at them if they do dare call in. And so the circle continues.

I should add that the short podcast says it's the 'best of' that night's show...
superb summary, it's a difficult watch and he seems to be hellbent on alienating his audience, as others have said his heart doesn't seem in it but his wallet compels he has to plough on...……..I actually like him and the stuff the pair did on Talk was a great listen most of the time as it tried to break the increasingly turgid norm of speech radio but over the last couple of weeks it's been watching through the fingers stuff

IMAKEYOURIGHT

Post by IMAKEYOURIGHT »

Thought I'd check in to this show during Half-Time of the Euros - first time I've watched or listened for months.

This is terrible beyond belief...Iain watching something painstakingly unfunny on YouTube and lazily commentating over it, himself looking bored AF and with not even a hint of a smile to suggest that even he believes this is entertaining. Meanwhile Kath - not even looking at what's going on - according to her she's adding content on Twitter.

Radio in particular is crying out now for something different from 24/7 Covid commentary and this is the best they can come up with as an 'alternative'. At this point he'd be better off licencing radio shows from 5-10 years ago and replaying them.

Perhaps I'm in the wrong though, as incredibly it seems from next month people are going to start paying (subscribing) for this as he's been dropped by Twitch.

englundgambit2

Post by englundgambit2 »

So what happened to Mr Lee then? What's he doing now?

Not checked him out since his midweek quiz night thing on Twitch. That was quite good but if I recall he stopped doing it after a few weeks. I did try listening to non quiz nights but it just weren't my cup of tea at all.

That must've been a few years ago now though. Didn't he quit twitch/radio to go to university or summat?

shivah

Post by shivah »

englundgambit2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:11 am So what happened to Mr Lee then? What's he doing now?

Not checked him out since his midweek quiz night thing on Twitch. That was quite good but if I recall he stopped doing it after a few weeks. I did try listening to non quiz nights but it just weren't my cup of tea at all.

That must've been a few years ago now though. Didn't he quit twitch/radio to go to university or summat?
Started on Jack FM Oxford today on breakfast.
Grunt is a Chunt.

englundgambit2

Post by englundgambit2 »

Ah right. Never heard of it!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Meanwhile Jihngles has landed the 0300 slot on Jackoff AM Coventry
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Genman

Post by Genman »

I remember Iain Lee on the TV

No longer the Bridesmaid

That rhymes

dingdongthewitchisdead

Post by dingdongthewitchisdead »

how many months will he last ?
i never listen now .

No longer the Bridesmaid

Until his sell by date is past

Genman

Post by Genman »

Did he help to launch Ali G on some tv show?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Genman wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:22 am Did he help to launch Ali G on some tv show?
No. Lee hosted 'The 11 O'Clock Show'. Ali G was on it.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Genman

Post by Genman »

Carlos J wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:21 am
Genman wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:22 am Did he help to launch Ali G on some tv show?
No. Lee hosted 'The 11 O'Clock Show'. Ali G was on it.
Oh right yeah that's correct i remember now. It was a fun show