Iain Lee

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
Darkyboy

Re: Iain Lee

Post by Darkyboy »

jumpers wrote:Although most of the celebration is happening in the Jon Gaunt thread for some reason, well done to both Iain and Kath on their award win tonight! Genuinely thrilled for them, as they've built up something quite special on talkRADIO, and it's fantastic that they're both getting industry recognition for it. Hopefully this'll keep their jobs safe for some time to come!

Absolutely. Well done to Iain and Kath. They are a great team and the show is a superb listen.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I've said my opinion of Lee many times, mostly in the pre-reboot version of this forum. IMO, unfunny and witless, the only thing I have ever agreed with Gaunt is that Lee is the least talented of 'The 11 O'Clock Show' presenters. But I seem a minority here with that and that Collins and the Creatures of the Night was shite as was Boyd and The Human Zoo. Add in cunt Whale and dead Dicken. Not glory days of Talk Radio. :arrow: Dead Gary Jacobs' law show was a good Sunday evening listen though. Give me the legend Rhod Sharpe and The World Service for sublime radio nightly.

But now is not a time to gripe, so congratulations to a fellow forum member for his award. But congratulations appreciated on twatter from socalled celebs who probably never listen. :roll: It's a meeja round table circle jerk of good mate, until Saviled, then bad mate. See Weinstein. It really ain't hard.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The End

Post by The End »

Who was on for him last night? I woke up briefly around 11.30pm UK time before passing out again - but it was a different voice talking at me, albeit about Nick Knowles and his soon-to-be-released album, of which Iain is obsessed.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Carlos J wrote:I've said my opinion of Lee many times, mostly in the pre-reboot version of this forum. IMO, unfunny and witless, the only thing I have ever agreed with Gaunt is that Lee is the least talented of 'The 11 O'Clock Show' presenters. But I seem a minority here with that and that Collins and the Creatures of the Night was shite as was Boyd and The Human Zoo. Add in cunt Whale and dead Dicken. Not glory days of Talk Radio. :arrow: Dead Gary Jacobs' law show was a good Sunday evening listen though. Give me the legend Rhod Sharpe and The World Service for sublime radio nightly.

Lee seems a good bloke, not a fan of his show particularly. Collins shite. Whale and Dicken shite. Gary Jacobs a legend. Boyd did some great radio and some not great radio. A lot of his talkRadio stuff was not great - Human Zoo was stale after a few weeks, which he knew himself.

Never saw 11 o'clock show but looking on wiki at list of presenters, I'm surprised you see Lee as worst. Never heard of most of them apart from John Holmes, Sacha Unfunny Cohen and Ricky Gervais. Although Mackenzie Crook is a genius.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The End wrote:Who was on for him last night? I woke up briefly around 11.30pm UK time before passing out again - but it was a different voice talking at me, albeit about Nick Knowles and his soon-to-be-released album, of which Iain is obsessed.

It was a guy called Jamie East apparently. Usually on Virgin radio I think.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

The End

Post by The End »

Darkyboy wrote:
The End wrote:Who was on for him last night? I woke up briefly around 11.30pm UK time before passing out again - but it was a different voice talking at me, albeit about Nick Knowles and his soon-to-be-released album, of which Iain is obsessed.

Never heard of him.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The End wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Never heard of him.

He is also on the GoT aftershow Thronecast on Sky Atlantic, which, I have just realised, you wouldnt get out there anyway. From what I have seen of him on that he seems alright.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:
The End wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Never heard of him.

He is also on the GoT aftershow Thronecast on Sky Atlantic, which, I have just realised, you wouldnt get out there anyway. From what I have seen of him on that he seems alright.

He’s from Birmingham I think.
Roy IN!!

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Oh dear, show seems like a write off tonight. Clicky off!!
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

deisegirl wrote:Oh dear, show seems like a write off tonight. Clicky off!!
What’s up with him?

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

I think someone graffiti'd his car or summat innit, so he's waiting for the culprits to ring in.. Cue lots of dead air.
Saggers is alive??!!

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Yeah just seen. A spunking cock, my MO but it wasn’t me (honest, guv)

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Has anyone seen American Vandal? Just saying.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The End

Post by The End »

It was obviously staged given the callers during the first hour were all Bob Mortimer putting on voices.

It didn't work.

I fell asleep.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Carlos J wrote:I've said my opinion of Lee many times, mostly in the pre-reboot version of this forum. IMO, unfunny and witless, the only thing I have ever agreed with Gaunt is that Lee is the least talented of 'The 11 O'Clock Show' presenters. But I seem a minority here with that and that Collins and the Creatures of the Night was shite as was Boyd and The Human Zoo. Add in cunt Whale and dead Dicken. Not glory days of Talk Radio. :arrow: Dead Gary Jacobs' law show was a good Sunday evening listen though. Give me the legend Rhod Sharpe and The World Service for sublime radio nightly.

Dicken was pretty terrible.

I rarely listen to the radio 7-10 these days but sometimes I hear a bit of James Whale on TR. Enjoy him more than I did in the latter years of TS. He does shite on a bit much about Borexit but guess that serves me right for listening to UK speech radio innit
Saggers is alive??!!