The place to discuss TalkRADIO
ccreds

Re: Iain Lee

Post by ccreds »

:lol:

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

For someone who hasnt listened to the Lee show before, this is unlistenable - nothing but in jokes and callers who have followed Ian from previous stations. No hook for new listeners.
Peace and Love

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Not for me either Beeky. Still he pisses off Gaunt, so worth the gig for that alone.
There's no poem, just prose.

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

I listened to him overnight from Monday to Tuesday and it was superb. Very good and very entertaining. Made the night shift more bearable.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I missed the show last night as I'm not used to this new timetable or having a new radio station to contend with but what I've heard so far is decent stuff and alternative entertainment so will stick with it. I never got back into the Colonel when he went to LBC as his act had hanged to one of political pundit so it fres me up to allocate the 10pm spot to someone else.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Listened to the first hour and enjoyed it. As a newcomer to Iain Lee (on the radio anyway) I did feel a bit like an outsider. No problem though, as it's the same with anyone presenter with personality.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

shivah

Post by shivah »

m4rkb wrote:I missed the show last night as I'm not used to this new timetable or having a new radio station to contend with but what I've heard so far is decent stuff and alternative entertainment so will stick with it. I never got back into the Colonel when he went to LBC as his act had hanged to one of political pundit so it fres me up to allocate the 10pm spot to someone else.
He's a shit political pundit is the Colonel.
Grunt is a Chunt.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

MRS THATCH
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Hubert Cumberdale

Post by Hubert Cumberdale »

Darkyboy wrote:Listened to the first hour and enjoyed it. As a newcomer to Iain Lee (on the radio anyway) I did feel a bit like an outsider. No problem though, as it's the same with anyone presenter with personality.
I came in as one of the 3CR listeners. The weekly iTunes podcast was fantastic. However his triple M stuff years ago used to annoy me so I don't count myself in that crowd. I think he does need to try and acknowledge new people too. Maybe explain some of the in jokes. He said at one point in yesterday's show that his audience was split three ways between Absolute, LBC and 3CR.
[Insert pretentious quotation or facile nugget of wisdom here]

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Came on to say I've been listening to half an hour and already better than anything on TS since it went "all spawts" and there were no weirdos but then someone phoned in and sang a song. :/

Still it's good to have the option of a new talk station.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Hubert Cumberdale wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:Listened to the first hour and enjoyed it. As a newcomer to Iain Lee (on the radio anyway) I did feel a bit like an outsider. No problem though, as it's the same with anyone presenter with personality.
I came in as one of the 3CR listeners. The weekly iTunes podcast was fantastic. However his triple M stuff years ago used to annoy me so I don't count myself in that crowd. I think he does need to try and acknowledge new people too. Maybe explain some of the in jokes. He said at one point in yesterday's show that his audience was split three ways between Absolute, LBC and 3CR.
Well he should bring a fair few listeners with him from his previous shows by the sound of it. Just refreshing to have someone with character on a national radio station. It's what a night-time show should be like.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote:I've never warmed to the fella, Im afraid. Just a wee bit too much of the sneery school snide about him. Just a personal view. He cant be anything near as bad as most of the other criminal parasites that they employ.
My view exactly, Bas, from 'The 11 o'Clock Show' onwards. And his often appearances on 'Big Brothers Bit on the Side' :) show little to change this. Though in fairness, should give a listen sometime.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Listened to him for an hour last night. Agree he seems sneery but still found him funny enough and will probably listen again occasionally. It's good that he seems to have loads of listeners/callers who were willing to follow him. It can be cringey listening to presenters who waffle on because nobody is ringing
Saggers is alive??!!

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

He was taking the piss out of Goldstein and Cundy at the start of the show tonight which was funny, but then again could just be part of the schtick...
Saggers is alive??!!

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Ok now he's singing... :|
Saggers is alive??!!