James Whale

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
The End

Re: James Whale

Post by The End »

Whale is a decent broadcaster if not really very intelligent and his show is already miles better than those Gould cunts (how come Ash is a million times less unfunny alongside Whale than when alongside his brother?).
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

saintgeorge

Post by saintgeorge »

Ash definitely belongs in the control room, adding the odd quip
I've had a gutful... I fancy a punch up

George's Home Pages

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Listened to bits of Whale this week and still as sharp as he was on talkSHITE nearly 10 years ago. He really is a natural at broadcasting and the wee remarkrs about fellow presenters are still great like he did regards PBT.

Thursday's interview with Aleksander Nekrassov -Russian fixer in the Kremlin- was excellent.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

saintgeorge

Post by saintgeorge »

kevin04 wrote:Listened to bits of Whale this week and still as sharp as he was on talkSHITE nearly 10 years ago. He really is a natural at broadcasting and the wee remarkrs about fellow presenters are still great like he did regards PBT.
quite right.... its so great to have whale back where he belongs
I've had a gutful... I fancy a punch up

George's Home Pages

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

saintgeorge wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Listened to bits of Whale this week and still as sharp as he was on talkSHITE nearly 10 years ago. He really is a natural at broadcasting and the wee remarkrs about fellow presenters are still great like he did regards PBT.
quite right.... its so great to have whale back where he belongs
Listened to the best bits of the podcasts last night at work, and you are spot on.

The calls back and forth with Peter (the commuter) stuck on the train and him trying to get a date with the Bulgarian healer were pretty funny.

Also as The End said earlier, Ash is much funnier than he was on the Gould program, they obviously have a great connection and Ash to his credit is very good at improv of live radio.

He is also a good interview. Allof the main guests were very interesting : Russian guy, Biggins, and Öpik. He also can be pally and funny with MPs - Green guy last week who's band played in the studio and a Tory, this week - before telling them they are talking nonsense.

Have to say I am really enjoying it, and hopefully the listening figures will increase. Only thing that would make it better would be if he was back on his 10-1pm time.

dingdongthewitchisdead

Post by dingdongthewitchisdead »

m4rkb wrote:To be honest all this DAB and online bollocks is pissing me right off. Apart from when I'm in the house and have numerous ways of listening the only option when out is a flat phone after an hour.

I haven't listened to much of it even though I would if I could. Why the fuck can't I just tune a normal radio into it anywhere I like.
totally agree .
i never listen now .

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Found Whale a bit annoying back in the day, though miles better than that bore Dickin. And miles more better than most of the current TS crew :x
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

deisegirl wrote:Found Whale a bit annoying back in the day, though miles better than that bore Dickin. And miles more better than most of the current TS crew :x
Same here and still do at times. However, he is a natural on the radio and worth a listen on occasions.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

I'd probably be listening to him if he was on 10-1 as that's a time I'm more likely to be listening to the radio. And podcast listening time is taken up with listening to The Two Mikes :oops:
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

deisegirl wrote:Found Whale a bit annoying back in the day, though miles better than that bore Dickin. And miles more better than most of the current TS crew :x
Always found Whale a cunt, from the James Whale Radio Show on TV, titillating crap, to him on TR and TS though a not bothered about cunt. And Mistress Schadenfreude was on full gear when he got the boot. Socalled Saint Dicken was a tiresome bore and boor. Traffic wardens again? :smt015 :arrow:

At least Whale's charity and his old curry nights sort of squares up: http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/ch ... 46&subid=0

Jimmy Whale is dear old GEH though: :shock:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

"Jesus saved me from Hell" - it's got to be Ken (currently in Newcastle).

Thursty

Post by Thursty »

Really enjoying listening to the podcasts of the show. One thing that annoys me tho is Ash's repeated guttural chuckle at anything remotely funny. I'm sure he never used to do that.
the smoke gets in your eyes
run the exhaust back inside
close the window and take a ride
i've got a place to go
there's nowhere to hide

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Agree about the podcasts. Although they are a bit slow to be uploaded. Still waiting on Wed and Thu ones from this week, although I don't think there will be a Wed one as he was at the Military Awards.

I heard a bit of Sam Delaney's show before and Whale was on giving reports from the red carpet. Classic Whale really, and you could tell that Delaney and him have no love lost - sly wee digs about 'what is good in a radio format', and cutting each other off.

What like most about Whale is that he is unafraid to ask guests who are obviously friends or acquaintances tough questions when needed.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

My god Ash is thick as fuck. "Will terrorism just go away". No that's wasps you are thinking of.

As a sidekick he is alright, but when it comes to serious discussion he is out of his depth. Also, yes, his throaty chuckle is really creepy.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Paul at 22:05 sounds very much like Paul Nuttal, UKIP

http://talkradio.co.uk/radio/listen-again/1482228000