Does anyone listen?

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
kevin04

Does anyone listen?

Post by kevin04 »

Anyone?

I try and make an effort to listen to Whale, and occasionally Galloway. I've listened to all of the day-time presenters for a few minutes at least and from what I've heard :

Paul Ross - oops, I haven't actually been up to hear him. I'd imagine bland and inoffensive.

JHB - Tory gobshite. Although she did have David Buick on one day reviewing the papers ; so a bonus point for the Panmure Gordon, Fulham supporting, lizard-person supremo.

Jon Holmes - sounds like a shit Johnny Vaughan. Like one of those annoying arseholes who thinks he's the bigman and unfortunately gets the women, even though the guys all see through him. Apologies Jon, if you're listenin' and you are sound. It's just you don't come across that way on the wireless.

Delaneyman - a face for radio, and a voice for silence. Like a Cockney-Dalek with a cold. Again, a bit like Jon Holmes. Seems to love his own voice a bit too much.

Whaley - still a legend. I am biased, but still as good as he ever was. I'm guessing he divides opinion, but an excellent broadcaster who gets torn in to his guests and a quick-wit. Only criticism would be the constant dog stories. I like dogs and wish them well, but he had dog cruelty as a topic for three days one week, FFS.

Iain Lee - haven't listened enough. He can be funny although a bit of a luvie. If he was a musician he'd probably release some great albums but put 10 minute guitar solos in them just cos he can.

No idea about the weekends.

Penny Smith reviewing the papers? I'll let Carc listen and review that.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Lou Grant

Re: Does anyone listen?

Post by Lou Grant »

I heard Holmes interviewing someone I know - it sounded perfectly adequate radio, but that was based on 10 minutes of listening. Delaney was tedious beyond belief when he used to do H&J. Paul Ross is dire. Bob Mills at the weekend has always been good when I've listened to his show. The rest, no idea. Can't stand James Whale.

Bottom line is I can't get the station even on DAB down here and there's nothing in that line up I'd make the effort to locate on line and listen to.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

kevin04 wrote: Paul Ross - oops, I haven't actually been up to hear him. I'd imagine bland and inoffensive.

Imagine Chris Evans mixed with Kankers. Haribo overdosing hysterical wailing manchild desperation, oozing the sickly stench of self-loathing meeja implosion. Without question the worst presenter of all time.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

The End

Post by The End »

Iain Lee is generally a very good listen. With the time difference, I usually drop off to sleep with Whale in my ears - he's limited and repetitive but a million times better than anything TS has to offer. From the bits I've heard of everything else, it's crap.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I miss most of it I'm afraid, despite there being some good shows on there. I find DAB and online only to be a pretty inaccessible platform as a person generally out all day on the move . If they were on a normal radio it'd solve the problem in an instant. Same as LBC for those of us outside of London.

Rabble

Post by Rabble »

I have a DAB radio, but the presets are spoken for and I can't be bothered to piss around with the arrow buttons even if it is for a few seconds.
Used to like Paul Ross when he was on with Carol McGiffen on the old Talk Radio. Didn't care for him on anything else I ever heard or listened to. Whale, yay. JHB, nay. Delaney is just way too ex-Heat editor. Never heard of Jon Holmes. Without the 'h' he doesn't measure up.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

I listen to Paul Ross occasionally, as an alternative to LBC and Five Live if they are too depressing. His 100mph style is a bit much sometimes, but he can be entertaining with subjects. Also listen to Iain Lee for an hour most nights he is on. Quite like Bob Mills' comedy show on a Sunday night and Jake Yapp on a Sunday morning.

Other bits and pieces of shows I've heard are ok except for Jon Holmes' show, which is like an infantile version of a Chris Evans show. Sam Delaney also sounds like a whiney version of Barry Shitpeas.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Darkyboy wrote: an infantile version of a Chris Evans show.

Fucking hell

shivah

Post by shivah »

Paul m cat Ross is a stain on radio broadcasting.
Grunt is a Chunt.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Radio broadcasting is itself a stain on humanity

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

The End wrote:Iain Lee is generally a very good listen. With the time difference, I usually drop off to sleep with Whale in my ears.

So let's get this right.

You can listen to the station in Russia Endo, but Lou Grant can't receive it Cornwall :rolleyes:

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Listened to the Jerry Springer show on Sunday Morning (17th Sept) and it was all a Progressive Liberal Love In. Kind of got annoying but then I guess Jerry is on that Progressive Bandwagon.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Only thing worth switching to is JHB when I'm in the car, given that the alternatives are R5 or the o'brien creature.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

LordLaret wrote:Listened to the Jerry Springer show on Sunday Morning (17th Sept) and it was all a Progressive Liberal Love In. Kind of got annoying but then I guess Jerry is on that Progressive Bandwagon.

It sure is. I listened a couple of times hoping to hear a side-swipe at American politics/life in general. It was the same generic Trump bashing that you hear on the BBC.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Fuck no.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.