Tommy Boyd

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
Darkyboy

Re: Tommy Boyd

Post by Darkyboy »

Chris wrote:Going by what I've heard so far, I don't think this will be a one-off show. As I said on the Iain Lee thread when I broke the news that TB was presenting tonight 8), it would be good if he were given a regular Saturday night gig. Saturdays on TR are rubbish.

He has hinted that there may be more to come, so here's hoping. It would be strange to do one show then disappear again.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

I thought TB was briliant but I'd have loved him to be just with Kath and not the other co-presenter who I found too predictable.

I remember listening to TB back in the early 80's and he didn't sound one bit different.

He has a wealth of interesting tales and views from his life's experience and wanted more.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

I couldn't decide if he was great or the standard of radio presenters today is so low that it couldn't fail to sound great. In reality it was both. He definitely thrives on having a good co-host to work off, I really loved when he worked with Ash on the Human Zoo and they stopped taking many calls (the format had got stale by the end) and spent most of the show just shooting the breeze.

Last night wasn't a bad pairing - he's had better, he's had worse.

It would be good to hear him given a regular slot, although probably just once a week rather than anything more regular. His 4 hour shows on Southern Counties Radio every Saturday night back in the early 2000s were the best of all the different shows I've heard him do.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Chris

Post by Chris »

Lou Grant wrote:It would be good to hear him given a regular slot, although probably just once a week rather than anything more regular. His 4 hour shows on Southern Counties Radio every Saturday night back in the early 2000s were the best of all the different shows I've heard him do.

Would be good if he got Saturday nights on TR, Lou.
Signature

mikey

Post by mikey »

I hadn't realised/heard that Tommy was on last week, it'd have been good to hear him again after all this time. A regular slot against Nick Abbot would be an interesting conundrum for me personally. Nick is, to coin a phrase, fantastic, but he's become a bit stale with the Trump stuff. Its understandable why he covers it so much but its too predictable for a weekend night. Good news this all in all- just get Baker and Kelly together then I'm set.

Chris

Post by Chris »

mikey wrote:Nick is, to coin a phrase, fantastic, but he's become a bit stale with the Trump stuff.Its understandable why he covers it so much but its too predictable for a weekend night.

Nick is my favourite phone in presenter. Been listening to him since his Radio
Luxembourg days. His Virgin Radio phone in show was brilliant. Very, very funny on there.
Signature

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Tommy Boyd was shite. Clawingly sentimental and creepily always wanted to talk to the little kids. Really uncomfortable listening. Cannot fathom the appeal. Can only think it must be because of the human zoo and letting some of the sad fucks that used to be on this forum on air.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

Chris

Post by Chris »

Tommy Boyd is sitting in for Iain Lee tonight. Maybe tomorrow night too.
Signature

Chris

Post by Chris »

Tommy Boyd is on tonight. I'm switching between Boyd and Nick Abbot over on LBC.
Signature

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Jamie Easter (the guy doing/done the 1-4 slot for the past few months was temporary for a few months) and notice that Boyd is in next week from 1pm.

No idea if he's the permanent presenter, or just standing in for a few weeks?

I don't recall Boyd too well, but I enjoyed him last week filling in for Lee. I imagine he is much better suited at a late-night slot rather than dinner time?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Nah, he started out on the original Talkradio doing an afternoon slot. I'd agree that his style probably does suit late night radio, but it's safe to say he's done every hour of the clock at some point in his lengthy radio career.

Never heard of Jamie Easter - do you think it was a deliberate move to bin him at Easter? :)

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

It's Jamie East, who I think was on Virgin Radio previously. Tommy Boyd tends to cover over holiday periods, but with the changes imminent, perhaps he is back for good...

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

I somehow doubt he'd want a regular gig that involved schlepping up to London every day.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Lou Grant wrote:I somehow doubt he'd want a regular gig that involved schlepping up to London every day.

I imagine that you are right. Maybe mrGP can help Tommy set up a "broadcast from home" facility.

paolo

Post by paolo »

tennisman wrote:I thought TB was briliant but I'd have loved him to be just with Kath and not the other co-presenter who I found too predictable.

I remember listening to TB back in the early 80's and he didn't sound one bit different.

He has a wealth of interesting tales and views from his life's experience and wanted more.

can never be forgiven for four things:

a smoker

bully

wonderful hour

human zoo

that alone is dispicable
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence