Eamonn Holmes

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
The Doctor Is In

Eamonn Holmes

Post by The Doctor Is In »

mmmmmmm,

When BBC star Victoria Derbyshire’s fiancé, Mark Sandell, was accused of bullying, sexual harassment and expenses fraud, he was sacked by the Corporation. Although the senior BBC editor returned to work in 2015 after successfully appealing against his dismissal, he left at the end of last year after being headhunted by the commercial station Talkradio.
Now, however, I can reveal that Sandell, 56, has left his new job as Eamonn Holmes’s producer on Talkradio amid great mystery, just a few days after taking up the post. ‘It’s the talk of the building,’ a broadcasting source tells me.

‘Eamonn Holmes said he wanted a heavyweight producer for his new drive-time show, so Mark was drafted in. But something happened and Mark left straight away.’ A Talkradio spokesman declined to comment on Sandell’s sudden departure, but a close friend of his confirmed yesterday that he had left the station.

Surely Holmes was fat enough himself to be heavyweight?

Imagine tapping Fi Glover and throwing that over for Victoria Derbyshire = madness.
Peace and Love

Eaststand

Re: Eamonn Holmes

Post by Eaststand »

Probably disappointed at the lack of kids under the tables at commercial radio stations, after coming from the BBC.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

So can we presume Holmes' absence on his own show might have been down to refusing to attend until a new producer was found?

It's no great loss as far as I'm concerned as his stand-ins proved to be better.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Holmes was accused of being opposed to LGBT parenting when he told two gay interviewees in a 2000 GMTV episode that "You are not meant to have children. You are going against nature!"[47] American illusionist David Blaine appeared on the show on 29 August 2001. Holmes cites this interview with Blaine as the most awkward moment of his professional career and one of TV's bloopers when he refused to speak and gave him the "evil eye".[29]

In November 2009, Jon Culshaw appeared as Holmes on The Impressions Show in a series of three comedy sketches in which he was portrayed as having an appetite so uncontrollable that he eats a sofa, flowers and even a guest (Frankie Dettori), using the catchphrase 'I was fierce hungry, so I was'. Even though Holmes had interviewed Culshaw and his co-star Debra Stephenson on This Morning to promote the show,[48] after the programme aired the presenter instructed his lawyers to send a letter of complaint to the BBC.[49] The letter resulted in an apology from the BBC along with a withdrawal of any future comedy sketches featuring Holmes.[50] Both the complaint itself and the outcome of Holmes's legal action drew generally unfavourable criticism from media observers and online commentators.[51][52][53][54]

While presenting This Morning in October 2011, Holmes described singer Jonathan Wilkes as "retarded" on air. He later apologised after complaints and calls for him to be sacked. Holmes said: "I have to say sorry to three or four of you who are upset because I used the word retarded. You seem to have taken it personally or think I am being insulting. I would never want to do that. There is this man who has an autistic child and said I insulted his child. I would never use it in that context. Sorry if that caused you offence".[55][56][57]

In October 2011, Holmes provoked criticism by suggesting that a rape victim should take taxis in future, leading to accusations of victim blaming.[58]

On 12 May 2016, Eamonn Holmes provoked criticism by comparing an attack by West Ham fans to the Hillsborough disaster.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

So he's a massive cunt?

I'm shocked. Has he told the hilarious story about Alex fucking Ferguson coming to his house (again)
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Did he eat him?

Build Back More Betterer

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Eaststand wrote:Did he eat him?

Must have done. He’s eaten most things

Womble23

Post by Womble23 »

Fuck off, so-called fucking Eamonn

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Vermonn more like
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Eamonn Holmes OBE. Please give the man his full title.

(seriously, this surely must be the death knell of the honours system. Holmes? OBE? Fuck off).
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:Eamonn Holmes OBE. Please give the man his full title.

(seriously, this surely must be the death knell of the honours system. Holmes? OBE? Fuck off).

Sir James Savile? Sir Ted Heath?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Chubby armchair supporter of Irani-size cuntitude.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

shivah

Post by shivah »

Eamonn Holmes OBE.

Services to the cake industry.
Grunt is a Chunt.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Ruth Langsford, buxom wife of Eamonn Holmes, is clearly making plans:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... Women.html
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

He is hardly ever there, which is a good thing. Whoever is standing in is generally a better listen.

He likes his show business women friends to be on with him so they can tell him how lovely he is and asking what Ruthie is up to.

I have never liked him, he wasn't that great on the telly, he is appalling on the radio.

I never thought I would miss Sam Delaney.
Godwin's law