The Return of IROMG

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
lambrini

Re: The Return of IROMG

Post by lambrini »

Steve Hunt wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm
AlcoholBrazil wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:08 pm I can see Farage getting a TalkRadio slot once his Migrant Watch stint is over.
After the US elections is the rumour
Where did you hear that, Steve? I wouldn't be surprised. Which time slot would they give him?
POTY and TOTY Winner 2009

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

lambrini wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:43 pm
AlcoholBrazil wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:08 pm I can see Farage getting a TalkRadio slot once his Migrant Watch stint is over.
Where did you hear that, Steve? I wouldn't be surprised. Which time slot would they give him?
I think it was on his FB page, Lucy. So it may or not be true.

Apparently he's going to US to cover/advise Trump on election. Then, in January he will be doing a regular weekday evening slot on talkRADIO, much like his previous LBC gig.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Steve Hunt wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:17 am
lambrini wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:43 pm
I think it was on his FB page, Lucy. So it may or not be true.

Apparently he's going to US to cover/advise Trump on election. Then, in January he will be doing a regular weekday evening slot on talkRADIO, much like his previous LBC gig.
Thanks, Steve. Now it makes sense: his talkRADIO interviews are a prelude to the upcoming shows. No wonder MG acting sycophantic towards him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

Come on, MG is playing the role of a right wing shock jock - that's how he earns a living nowadays, it's not exactly ethical or sincere, but it provides a good living and keeps him out of the pub.

There's not much work about for a standard, unbiased talk host anymore. I don't listen to him or follow him, but there's a big enough audience to keep him in employment. He's a very competent radio host, yes it's a shame he's no longer doing a light hearted show but we don't pay his wages.

Parry's 'act' was to worship people with money and status and laugh at the little man in the street - that is a FAR worse and distasteful way to earn a living, sucking up to cunts in power whilst calling a regular caller a "bog cleaner" in a derogatory manner.

Right and left politics exist. MG is earning a living pedalling shite for the right, it's not illegal and it's his job.

At least he's half decent at it (newspaper ripping aside).

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

MrTea wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 am Come on, MG is playing the role of a right wing shock jock - that's how he earns a living nowadays, it's not exactly ethical or sincere, but it provides a good living and keeps him out of the pub.

There's not much work about for a standard, unbiased talk host anymore. I don't listen to him or follow him, but there's a big enough audience to keep him in employment. He's a very competent radio host, yes it's a shame he's no longer doing a light hearted show but we don't pay his wages.

Parry's 'act' was to worship people with money and status and laugh at the little man in the street - that is a FAR worse and distasteful way to earn a living, sucking up to cunts in power whilst calling a regular caller a "bog cleaner" in a derogatory manner.

Right and left politics exist. MG is earning a living pedalling shite for the right, it's not illegal and it's his job.

:dart:

I think people are disappointed because he’s done a 180 on his previous incarnation. There’s definitely a place for the “old” Mike Graham persona but I suppose it’s overnight and paying a fraction of his current salary. Fair dues to him as he’s providing for his kids but I’m not a fan of his new rabble rousing approach. No worries, though.

His dislike of Parry seems quite genuine and you can understand why. They lived in each other’s pockets for a good few years and that must’ve been draining...The OTR podcasts offer good insight and, in particular, the episode where they are discussing the lack of community housing in Iceland. Not a good look for Porky :lol:

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

According to LAJ, ol mk and PORK possess two of the smallest penises in the UK
YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:19 pm According to LAJ, ol mk and PORK possess two of the smallest penises in the UK
Big brag considering the double trouble of Rossi and Parfitt.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

EddieCheddar wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:20 am
MrTea wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 am Come on, MG is playing the role of a right wing shock jock - that's how he earns a living nowadays, it's not exactly ethical or sincere, but it provides a good living and keeps him out of the pub.

I think people are disappointed because he’s done a 180 on his previous incarnation. There’s definitely a place for the “old” Mike Graham persona but I suppose it’s overnight and paying a fraction of his current salary. Fair dues to him as he’s providing for his kids but I’m not a fan of his new rabble rousing approach. No worries, though.
+1. Of course right and left politics exist – 'twas ever thus. The problem is, very few television and radio broadcasters have integrity anymore. You are right, being insincere provides a good living. Rabble rousing, ripping up newspapers, all that stuff – similarly to Love Island, Keith Lemon's Through The Keyhole, The Only Way is Essex – it gains viewership. Sad.

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

lambrini wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:27 pm
EddieCheddar wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:20 am

+1. Of course right and left politics exist – 'twas ever thus. The problem is, very few television and radio broadcasters have integrity anymore. You are right, being insincere provides a good living. Rabble rousing, ripping up newspapers, all that stuff – similarly to Love Island, Keith Lemon's Through The Keyhole, The Only Way is Essex – it gains viewership. Sad.
I'm not a fan of any of those, in fact I can't stand Love Island and TOWIE, nor am I a fan of MG's show, but as I said, if you're looking at it from a moral standpoint; why is Parry's act(?) of being a stuck-up cunt any more acceptable or tasteful?

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Jesus Christ

Burn, Loot, Murder.

Sonoftherock

Post by Sonoftherock »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:45 pm Jesus Christ

Cringeworthy pish,Deserves lambrini’s brittgiff. :mrgreen:

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Christ he's fat. Looks like a trussed pig.
YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

That video would be bad enough anyway, but that woman's voice makes it really painful to listen to.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Not contrived enough for me.

Well done though MK, stumbling upon a gap in the market and right in there.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca