The Return of IROMG

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
Sonoftherock

Re: The Return of IROMG

Post by Sonoftherock »

Our boi must have been on the cans last night.Old mk’s still on the ‘why aren’t you answering my texts you bastard’ stage of the separation. :lol: :mrgreen:

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Porky’s living rent free in that cranium :lol:

Graham’s tweet other than cans, suggests he’s believing his own twitter induced hype. I dare say stuff like this, if it continues will be stamped out by the “management” despite the RAJAR’s

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Still perplexed as to how or why he has a friendship with Carol Decker :lol:
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

I doubt Parry doing a dreadful little show on a Sunday will upset MG too much. Also doubt it'll last more than a month.

Perlagreen

Post by Perlagreen »

Zippy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:49 am Still perplexed as to how or why he has a friendship with Carol Decker :lol:

Been riding her

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

I like old MG. patriotic and IMO can hold a decent interview

Wish he’d make amends with Porky.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sonoftherock wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:23 am
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:45 pm Jesus Christ

Cringeworthy pish,Deserves lambrini’s brittgiff. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm quite patriotic, but this... No. Massive yikes.

POTY and TOTY Winner 2009

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sonoftherock wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:24 am Our boi must have been on the cans last night.Old mk’s still on the ‘why aren’t you answering my texts you bastard’ stage of the separation. :lol: :mrgreen:
Awful tweet.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I haven't listened for two weeks. I heard about 2-3 minutes of it last week and went for a podcast.

His show has aged like milk. Unbelievably predictable, boring and full of gloating ''I predicted this last week,'' Sure you did!

Turning in to Porky by repeating myself, but the Porkster has come off better out of the break up. I actually enjoyed his tea time show last week. Its amateur hour a bit, and I disagree with most of his politics, but its fun and he's entertaining. Yes, a court jester to a certain extent.

Don't think MG got the memo! If you are going to do the shock jock stuff, you have to be at least funny, charming, put on an interesting program or at least have some get up and go about you or at least mix it up a bit.

20 weeks of Peter Hitchens talking about lockdowns and muzzles is riveting radio. :?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

History of drunken abusive Tweets, more enemies than Putin, barely worked a full week since The Two Mike's split up, yet big Kev is still here banging the 'Porky's done good' drum. :roll:

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

No doubt about it, Porky is a very dubious character.

You can see the venom in his tweets when he's liquered up. He's made some amazingly poor choices when steaming including mouthing off at Jim White ; boasting of giving homeless people money and taking a picture with them ; and getting himself sacked, suspended and even jeopardising Mike Graham's job with him as the Two Mikes on talkSPORT.

I know someone who went to a Mikes show and got to meet them backstage after it and he said Parry was an absolute fanny and horrible whilst Graham was a gent and had time for everyone. And even in jest (or not), you can get an insight in to his personality away from the radio through his podcasts and no doubt he is probably a very difficult man to be around.

I think even Mike Graham's talkRADIO solo gig started on the back of Parry being suspended?

Just think that Graham doing his solo show is stale and predictable and strangely enough, filled with views and opinions that he never seemed to have a few years ago. People change and their views do too, and I'm all for free thought and expression.

I just think MG was better as the dry, droll, funny and quick witted partner with Parry or when he did his solo show over night, rolling calls and laid back.

The world is a bit of a shit show right now and last thing I want to hear is light weight, partisan, political views when it's all you see in the news, social media or hear at work.

Then again, Graham is doing reasonably well and he's a
alternative for many, so maybe it's me that's missed the boat.

To use a shit analogy, his show is a bit like a very decent footballer still at his peak moving to Qatar or China, rolling in dough whilst going through the motions in third gear.

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

I agree with you on practically everything you've said there, but saying Porky has come out best just isn't true - he's been sniffing round H&J like a lost puppy looking to be adopted, Jeremy Vine has been handing him rent-a-gob gigs to keep him out the pub for an hour, his Twitter page is dead, and his podcasts will never make him a penny.

He's now landed a weekly grave yard slot on TR, which having only listened to a couple YouTube clips, is as bad as expected.

The bit you said about your mate meeting them is exactly how I'd imagine them to be having never met them - MG is simply doing a job (which there's evidently an audience for) being a mouth piece, whilst Porky is just a mouthy cunt being himself.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kevin04 wrote:The world is a bit of a shit show right now and last thing I want to hear is light weight, partisan, political views when it's all you see in the news, social media or hear at work.
+1.

Maybe Emma Kennedy's opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt – when it comes to Twitter she's just as bad as Mike Graham – in any case, her tweet regarding talkRADIO's transformation is interesting. Sadly, I can't find the original quote now. Through an insider in the business, she implied that a prominent 'shock jock', possibly Mike Graham, didn't actually believe in the anti-woke, pro Conservative agenda.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

lambrini wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:26 pm

:D

Dopey has some good content.