The Return of IROMG - Part 2

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
MGA99

Re: The Return of IROMG - Part 2

Post by MGA99 »

Reminds me of the Simpsons sketch when Sideshow Bob keeps stepping on the rakes :lol:

Jonathan Grunt

Post by Jonathan Grunt »

Archibald’s going full Jonathan Charles Gaunt
PRAY GOD FOR CHELTENHAM

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I haven't liked the direction Graham has been going in but I see he's arguing with Otto English, who is an absolute turd of a bloke on Twitter. Two bald men fighting over a comb comes to mind.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Zippy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:12 am
kevin04 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:19 am He really has become a bore.

Riveting! Peter Hitchens for 99th time, saying the same things he said in his second week.

Plank Of The Week! Let me guess, that Kaiser Chiefs singer will be it this week.

Said it a hundred times, don't mind listening to opposing political views, and even listen to some 'right' wing broadcasters as an echo chamber is no fun; but his program is just so boring and there is no discussion.It will be him agreeing with a caller, or mouthing off at him, before hanging up on them or calling them a plank.

I doubt him and Parry are well liked by many, but Graham's 60th - a big bash etc - no one from the same building at talkSPORT turned up.
Amen. I'm convinced that a few years back, he wouldn't have been seen dead with most of those GB News/right wing grifter types who turned up to his birthday. I remember him moaning afterwards how when the money he put behind the bar ran out, no one was quick to buy him a drink.

He's now cosying up to the likes of Seb Gorka. Hitchens really isn't all that interesting either - he's very self regarding. Even the occasional Buik appearance can't really sway me. I miss the days when typical Graham (and Parry) guests would be Steve Lillywhite and Nic Harcourt :D

Two Mikes on weekday overnights were their best shows, but even having them on Friday nights and Saturday mornings for the warm up were good days.
Well said.

Interestingly, wasn't it Graham who helped get his ex-pal Porky back on the air? Was Porky not given the heave ho a few years back from talkSPORT and he started appearing on Mondays and then Mondays and Fridays with Graham when he did 1-6, Porky would come in from 1-4 or something, before it turned into the Two Mikes Overnight.

Those first few years were brilliant. It was like panto for adults, a bit - every story no doubt not exactly the truth - but it was the way they told em.

Harcourt was a great guest. His chorty laugh was ace.

Loved Porky talking about everyone in California being mad just before they spoke to any professor or doesent from UCLA or knowing talkSPORT, Fresno Community College. :D
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Jonathan Grunt wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:38 pm Archibald’s going full Jonathan Charles Gaunt
He’s getting another monumental cunting on Twitter. Jin does the day shift and Archie takes over evenings
There's no poem, just prose.

IMAKEYOURIGHT

Post by IMAKEYOURIGHT »

kevin04 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:59 pm

Riveting! Peter Hitchens for 99th time, saying the same things he said in his second week.

Plank Of The Week! Let me guess, that Kaiser Chiefs singer will be it this week.

Said it a hundred times, don't mind listening to opposing political views, and even listen to some 'right' wing broadcasters as an echo chamber is no fun; but his program is just so boring and there is no discussion.It will be him agreeing with a caller, or mouthing off at him, before hanging up on them or calling them a plank.

I doubt him and Parry are well liked by many, but Graham's 60th - a big bash etc - no one from the same building at talkSPORT turned up.
Amen. I'm convinced that a few years back, he wouldn't have been seen dead with most of those GB News/right wing grifter types who turned up to his birthday. I remember him moaning afterwards how when the money he put behind the bar ran out, no one was quick to buy him a drink.

He's now cosying up to the likes of Seb Gorka. Hitchens really isn't all that interesting either - he's very self regarding. Even the occasional Buik appearance can't really sway me. I miss the days when typical Graham (and Parry) guests would be Steve Lillywhite and Nic Harcourt :D

Two Mikes on weekday overnights were their best shows, but even having them on Friday nights and Saturday mornings for the warm up were good days.
Well said.

Interestingly, wasn't it Graham who helped get his ex-pal Porky back on the air? Was Porky not given the heave ho a few years back from talkSPORT and he started appearing on Mondays and then Mondays and Fridays with Graham when he did 1-6, Porky would come in from 1-4 or something, before it turned into the Two Mikes Overnight.

Those first few years were brilliant. It was like panto for adults, a bit - every story no doubt not exactly the truth - but it was the way they told em.

Loved Porky talking about everyone in California being mad just before they spoke to any professor or doesent from UCLA or knowing talkSPORT, Fresno Community College. :D

Agree with all of this, chaps…and those chats they would have with the mad ‘Profs’ who were on a scale exceeding that of even Porky were often belly-aching moments.

There is an old episode of The Two Mike’s called “Under The Sea”…if you want a laugh today, check it out!

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

IMAKEYOURIGHT wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:11 am

Well said.

Agree with all of this, chaps…and those chats they would have with the mad ‘Profs’ who were on a scale exceeding that of even Porky were often belly-aching moments.

There is an old episode of The Two Mike’s called “Under The Sea”…if you want a laugh today, check it out!
Will do. I've blitzed through the OTR podcasts again recently (very good on long walks). Brilliant stuff - the Thought Police isn't anywhere near the same level.

Great Fleet Street tales with some funny recurring characters (Derek Hudson, Phil Finn, Roger Tavener etc).
"Cunt" - sjbarca

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zippy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:04 pm
IMAKEYOURIGHT wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:11 am

Well said.

Will do. I've blitzed through the OTR podcasts again recently (very good on long walks). Brilliant stuff - the Thought Police isn't anywhere near the same level.

Great Fleet Street tales with some funny recurring characters (Derek Hudson, Phil Finn, Roger Tavener etc).
I'm still not ready to listen to the OTR podcasts. The split ended badly, so much so that I doubted the validity of their close friendship. The unkind aftermath — which is still going, by the way — made me wonder if MG used Porky and the Two Mikes to further his own career: it's worked, let's face it. He'd still be on talkSPORT's graveyard shift if it wasn't for ol' Pork.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

You can never go back to those podcasts. MK killed them stone dead. The hells angel bloke must have shitted him up bad and tipped his brain
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:32 pm You can never go back to those podcasts. MK killed them stone dead. The hells angel bloke must have shitted him up bad and tipped his brain
Pissed it all away!
"Cunt" - sjbarca

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:32 pm You can never go back to those podcasts. MK killed them stone dead. The hells angel bloke must have shitted him up bad and tipped his brain
+1
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I don't think I have listened to the last two episodes. Can't face it, and to sound like a total gimp, I was pretty gutted for about 2-3 weeks when they broke up. I was CLOSE to being hooped-earing man holding up his 25 quid The Two Mikes ticket at their next Christmas gig. They had talked about doing Leeds or something 'in the north?' just before the break up, and the Xmas show.

There was a very moment, a few episodes before it all went south.

Porky is clearing not listening to Graham - the whole 'yeah,' 'uh-huh', 'yup, etc as MG was on a rant about his holiday in the US and he loved it etc, and then said something like 'So depressing having to come back to this shit hole that is Britain,'

Porky starts off saying 'Yeah, absolutely. No...NO. NO I'm not having that. That's your country man,"

Probably over-sold it, TBH, but I'll try find it, I found it quite funny.

FOUND IT!

16:20
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kevin04 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:29 pm I don't think I have listened to the last two episodes. Can't face it, and to sound like a total gimp, I was pretty gutted for about 2-3 weeks when they broke up. I was CLOSE to being hooped-earing man holding up his 25 quid The Two Mikes ticket at their next Christmas gig. They had talked about doing Leeds or something 'in the north?' just before the break up, and the Xmas show.

There was a very moment, a few episodes before it all went south.

Porky is clearing not listening to Graham - the whole 'yeah,' 'uh-huh', 'yup, etc as MG was on a rant about his holiday in the US and he loved it etc, and then said something like 'So depressing having to come back to this shit hole that is Britain,'

Porky starts off saying 'Yeah, absolutely. No...NO. NO I'm not having that. That's your country man,"

Probably over-sold it, TBH, but I'll try find it, I found it quite funny.

FOUND IT!

16:20
😭😂😂😂😂😂😂
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

MrTea

Post by MrTea »

The overnight show was easily their best work.

They may both be senile old pissheads, but it was bloody good radio.

Sonoftherock

Post by Sonoftherock »

What’s his beef with Albanians? I see the guardian and it’s sister paper don’t write lefty woke bollocks when the story suits Graham’s narrative.