Colin Murray

Posts regarding presenters and shows of yesterday
Arty Morty

Colin Murray

Post by Arty Morty »

Is fast becoming the best thing about talkSPORT.
If I could get lucky I'd secede from the states
I'd buy the country at an incredible rate

robm

Re: Colin Murray

Post by robm »

Just shows how crap the rest of it is then.
Last edited by robm on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How wrong is the game"?

Boozios

Post by Boozios »

robm wrote:Just shows how crap the rest of it then.
Bit 'arsh - the BEST thing about him his prep and effort is putting Fatso in a really shite light - Liam MUST make a change on that Brekky show.

He's been sailing a little close to squawking for me ...buhhrt...what I've heard so far I've liked. The Danny Murphy-Kath Merry combo worked well yesterday...much better than the usual Arsenal Screamer.
Copulatum Expensium!

Out here... we IS stoned
Immaculate

Armoured and Effete

Arty Morty

Post by Arty Morty »

Bob Mills is a great guest presenter, it's a crime that he hasn't been seen on our screens since In Bed With Me Dinner

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Arty Morty wrote:Bob Mills is a great guest presenter, it's a crime that he hasn't been seen on our screens since In Bed With Me Dinner
Agreed. Mills was hilarious this morning, actually taking the piss out of Murray.

Murray seems to divide opinion.

I listen every day hoping I'll warm to him but so far, no good.

I'm afraid I got fed up with the Usain Bolt love-in. These top guys are people ultimately and too much star struck behaviour is no good for anyone, including them, I reckon. What does all the fawning and over exaggerated laughter achieve?

At the Tennis Fantasy Camp I've talked about on here where the greats of the 70's attended, held at the Texas tennis ranch of H & J favourite, John Newcombe, there was a 'Suck-up' award given each year to the camper who was too nauseating in their attempts to disappear up the Legends' backsides.

Even though, in a way, the whole Camp was a 'Suck-Up, there were limits which the mainly Aussie stars just would not go beyond.

I think Murray has a narcisistic side to him too which for me, makes him OTT.

I was turning on and off when I got fed up with it but at one point in his interview with Bolt, instead of just asking a question, he went off on one of his usual over long preambles to a question ad actually said, 'I'm going to tell you what I think. I wrote about this the other day'.

Colin, we don't want to know what you think; Bolt is being interviewed so ask him the question.

Also, most of his questions were structured in a way that Bolt could only give one answer; although this is a trait that lots of the presenters have - 'You must be so pleased with that result?.....'Oh, yes, I'm so pleased'.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Bob Mills Goes Postal :lol: :lol:

Genius.

Really enjoy listening to Murray on the 10 - 1 slot.
A joyless arsehole.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Arty Morty wrote:Bob Mills is a great guest presenter, it's a crime that he hasn't been seen on our screens since In Bed With Me Dinner

I saw Mills on the the Fighting Talk webcam on what turned out be Murray's last BBC appearance. To say he's filled out a bit would be understating it a little.
There's no poem, just prose.

Arty Morty

Post by Arty Morty »

tennisman wrote:
Agreed. Mills was hilarious this morning, actually taking the piss out of Murray.

I'm afraid I got fed up with the Usain Bolt love-in. These top guys are people ultimately and too much star struck behaviour is no good for anyone, including them, I reckon. What does all the fawning and over exaggerated laughter achieve?

At the Tennis Fantasy Camp I've talked about on here where the greats of the 70's attended, held at the Texas tennis ranch of H & J favourite, John Newcombe, there was a 'Suck-up' award given each year to the camper who was too nauseating in their attempts to disappear up the Legends' backsides.

Even though, in a way, the whole Camp was a 'Suck-Up, there were limits which the mainly Aussie stars just would not go beyond.

I was turning on and off when I got fed up with it but at one point in his interview with Bolt, instead of just asking a question, he went off on one of his usual over long preambles to a question ad actually said, 'I'm going to tell you what I think. I wrote about this the other day'.

Colin, we don't want to know what you think; Bolt is being interviewed so ask him the question.

Also, most of his questions were structured in a way that Bolt could only give one answer; although this is a trait that lots of the presenters have - 'You must be so pleased with that result?.....'Oh, yes, I'm so pleased'.
The grand master of this form of interview is still Keys.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

tennisman wrote:

Did they let you keep the trophy after winning it three times, Tennisman? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :(
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Basualdo wrote:
tennisman wrote:

Did they let you keep the trophy after winning it three times, Tennisman? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :(
Good one, Bas. :mrgreen:

I kept a very low profile, I assure you.

And there were plenty of others performing brilliantly in the stakes to get the award.

In fact, one year when waiting for the bus to take us to the airport, I asked Fred Stolle if he used the same grip for every stroke.

He looked at me and replied, 'You mean to tell me, you've been coming here 5 fuckin' years and you've only just noticed!'

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

I don't like Murray, I find him to be a cunt.

However, I have to say his show is a breath of fresh air. Keeps it fresh with his guest co-hosts rather than use the usual TS dullards (Quim, Pawa, Cunty or Matt Netherlands). He also seems to have insisted to put his own stamp on the show rather than sticking with a tired format.

I like the competition where a listener is offered the choice of three different bets and his interview with Harry Gregg the other week was superb
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

tennisman wrote:

An all too familiar trait these days. For some strange reason people seem to turn to jelly when they see someone they have seen on a screen. It is sad.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

finchman

Post by finchman »

tennisman wrote:

I agree with you, Murray is a wanker.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

imavinoops

Post by imavinoops »

finchman wrote:
tennisman wrote:

I agree with you, Murray is a wanker.
Me too, he's so fucking up himself, 1st rule of interviewing, "let the interviewee speak", Murray can't help butting in and droning on, or as ever trying to crack his "hilarious" funnies.
...he's not finished,..he's only 28....

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

The bits I've heard I thoroughly enjoyed. He appears not to take himself too seriously, which is always a plus in my book.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99