Richard Keys...

Posts regarding presenters and shows of yesterday
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Richard Keys and Qatar

Post by Basualdo »

Eaststand wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Agreed. Recently it's gone off the scale in that respect.

If you look closely, you can see me loudly criticising them in the comments when they do that.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

When Saturday Comes went the same route.
It used to be a bit lefty for my tastes but none the worse for that. Funny, interesting and always readable. Plus brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinson's wonderful cartoons and pull outs, which incuded the only cartoon that ever made me laugh out loud in public.
I never missed an issue from the late 80s.

Yeah a lot of it read like the aggrieved whining of someone who couldnt make it at the NME, but most of the other stuff more than made up for that. Plus brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinsons wonderful cartoons and pull outs.
It was disappointing when it completely ignored the successful Northern Ireland fans campaign to stop a new 'National Stadium' being built on the site of the old Maze Prison outside Lisburn. A plan that both Westminster and local government threw theirconsiderable'financially re-imbursed by property developers' weight behind, but I guess that didnt fit in with their worldview. Even though every other fans campaign whether non league or Premier side got a bit of favourable coverage.
But still I kept on buying, because brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinson's wonderful ..etc..

Then it got waaaaay too 'Momentum'.

It began to shoehorn the "hated Thatcher" into all sorts of spurious arguments long after her death.
Woman's football began to get more regular coverage than the Championship or League One, never mind non league or the Scotch pub leagues.

Constant long tired tirades about, racism (which to be fair it always quite rightly railed against way back in the 80s when it was far more prevalent in football), homophopia, sexism, misogony, any 'ism' got shoehorned into a spittle flecked rant.
The continuing tedious over fawning of the so called "peoples" clubs such as Celtic, Sankt Pauli and even Barcelona...though the current Catalonian farce notwithstanding, I'm not sure how one of the most famous, richest and most successful club sides on the planet really qualify as one of the poor oppressed.
It began to look like it wasn"t the embittered NME rejects writing but the truly furious ones rejected by An Phoblacht or the Morning Star as extremist.

"Fuck it" I thought, "Its costing the price of a pint these days anyway. And shite lager doesnt hector me until I want to spit blood" So I stopped buying it. And actually do miss the brilliant....old grounds...Robinson's......blah blah...

RANT OVER.
For me, wsc can do no wrong after this article:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Med ... ove-no-joy

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

You have a valid point. :D
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

F365 hasn't been funny since around 2001. Which, coincidentally, is around the second time I stopped posting on their forums.
A joyless arsehole.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Qatarmac more like
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

shabbado wrote:F365 hasn't been funny since around 2001. Which, coincidentally, is around the second time I stopped posting on their forums.

When was the first time?

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

kancutlawns wrote:
shabbado wrote:F365 hasn't been funny since around 2001. Which, coincidentally, is around the second time I stopped posting on their forums.

When was the first time?

Early 2000. Got my first proper job and decided to knuckle down and not waste the entire day fanning around of message boards....lasted about 3 weeks.
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol: I think that's happened to us all.

James90125

Re: Richard Keys...

Post by James90125 »

The 365 forum is still decent.