Richard Keys...

Posts regarding presenters and shows of yesterday
delboy1983

Re: Richard Keys...

Post by delboy1983 »

Would think the media except his mucker Andy Gray would detest this fucker with a passion
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Clivert

Post by Clivert »

These two tweets have come up on my timeline together. :D

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

:shock: Blimey! Must be the first time in a while that the gaunt thread isn't at the top
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Is he still being shat on by "dark forces"?
Peace and Love

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The Doctor Is In wrote:Is he still being shat on by "dark forces"?

Keys the renegade coming onto the H and J show as a champion for men's rights to BANTER against the establishment .
A week later he is back at the Masonic Lodge Leather armchair in front of a fire sipping brandy as toadying to his
ex-player contacts with Hyena Gray and ruining mid-morning radio for everyone.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

delboy1983

Richard Keys and Qatar

Post by delboy1983 »

Football 365 putting the boot into the scat man for his lack of observation skills

With so much to worry about in our lives, it was great to get the news on Wednesday that there are no moral issues with the World Cup being held in Qatar in 2022.

You might have heard that thousands of Qatar World Cup workers are being subject to ‘life-threatening heat’, as per Human Rights Watch. You might have heard that 1,800 Nepalese, Indian and Bangladeshi workers have died building the infrastructure for the World Cup, as per law firm DLA Piper and the Washington Post. You might have heard that migrant workers are suffering conditions tantamount to slavery, as per Amnesty International. But then you heard from Richard Keys, the banter prince of English football broadcasting. And all was well.

We say English football broadcasting, but that description clearly merits an asterisk. Keysey, and we will henceforth address him as banter intended, has been living in Doha since 2013 after his unfortunate exit from Sky Sports. We’re extending the definition of ‘unfortunate’ to cover deliberate and proud sexism, misogyny and chauvinism being recorded in his workplace. Maybe even Lady Luck was tired of the ‘While you’re down there’ gags she’d heard in workplaces across the land.

‘There’s a lot of jealousy in the region. Trust me – 2922 (sic) will take place here! We’re all eating and drinking as well!!’ Keysey tweeted on Wednesday. He went on to clarify that those building the stadiums were also being similarly well fed and watered.

On reflection, and amid plenty of competition, it’s the double exclamation marks that are the finest element of this latest Keysey social media burp. They not only intimate ‘worrying about the Qatar World Cup is fake news’, but also ‘you have no idea how much free food I get with this gig’ and a large dose of ‘think you can’t drink in the Middle East? Have you seen how much champagne is in this fridge?’.

Perhaps we are doing Keysey a disservice. Maybe he has been using his afternoons off to visit the migrant workers of Qatar and truly experience their employment conditions – “Sorry Andy, no golf today. See you on the 19th hole!”. Does the balcony of his ivory tower give the perfect view into the Khalifa International Stadium, thus allowing him to talk to construction workers in a morning as he is turning up the collar of his polo shirt and watching the maid iron his smile? It is also possible that Keysey is recording a new mini-series for Channel 4 called ‘Your Key to Qatar: The bits the human rights organisations missed out’.

It’s just that our man doesn’t seem the hi-vis jacket and plastic helmet type, and all of his video diaries and social media selfies are taken with the backdrop of a faux-wooden bar complete with bottles of spirits in various lurid colours. Maybe he’s buying a round for the workers?

This is the indirect result of a man whose every wish is catered for. When your every whim is answered and you live your life surrounded by vast LED screens and runners, you lose the concept of what is real. If someone tells you that bid corruption and human rights issues are nothing to worry about, bid corruption and human rights issues are nothing to worry about. For Keysey, contrition is a show of weakness, not strength. Accepting the moral issues with his employment and the World Cup would be to take the first sledgehammer to his palace and see the asbestos under a thin layer of marble.

Keysey is the construct of an industry and a culture in which being famous and successful in front of a camera allowed you to behave as you saw fit off it. The word was talent, and he was the Word.

Lest we forget, this is a man who blamed Sky Sports’ “dark forces” for his exile from England only to welcome Qatar as a paymaster. That’s like having a crisis of conscience about the morality of working as an apprentice under Mister Geppetto before becoming Darth Vader’s right-hand man. You really do have to admire the chutzpah (and you will, right after you’ve finished shaking your head).

Mostly, Keysey can be ignored now, like a buzzing bluebottle shut in the kitchen while you watch the television with the sound up in the lounge. When he does occasionally crop up in our peripheral vision it is when one of his banter-teers, flown out to Doha on all-expenses paid trips to spout some rhetoric about the death of British coaching while simultaneously ignoring the concept of irony. “They come over here and take our jobs (in Qatari punditry).”

Yet Keysey’s audition for a role on the Qatari tourist information/propaganda board isn’t meaningless, and shouldn’t be ignored. There may be no storm blowing in his sound proof Doha box, but it might be worth him looking outside at the weather. Ignoring the deaths and mistreatment of migrant workers? That’s just not banter.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Re: Richard Keys and Qatar

Post by Eaststand »

I fucking love that website.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:I fucking love that website.

So do I
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

It tries a bit too hard to tick all the 'right on' polytechnic reject buttons but is usually funny and worth reading.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Agreed. Recently it's gone off the scale in that respect.

If you look closely, you can see me loudly criticising them in the comments when they do that.

Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Eaststand wrote:Agreed. Recently it's gone off the scale in that respect.

If you look closely, you can see me loudly criticising them in the comments when they do that.

When Saturday Comes went the same route.
It used to be a bit lefty for my tastes but none the worse for that. Funny, interesting and always readable. Plus brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinson's wonderful cartoons and pull outs, which incuded the only cartoon that ever made me laugh out loud in public.
I never missed an issue from the late 80s.

Yeah a lot of it read like the aggrieved whining of someone who couldnt make it at the NME, but most of the other stuff more than made up for that. Plus brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinsons wonderful cartoons and pull outs.
It was disappointing when it completely ignored the successful Northern Ireland fans campaign to stop a new 'National Stadium' being built on the site of the old Maze Prison outside Lisburn. A plan that both Westminster and local government threw theirconsiderable'financially re-imbursed by property developers' weight behind, but I guess that didnt fit in with their worldview. Even though every other fans campaign whether non league or Premier side got a bit of favourable coverage.
But still I kept on buying, because brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinson's wonderful ..etc..

Then it got waaaaay too 'Momentum'.

It began to shoehorn the "hated Thatcher" into all sorts of spurious arguments long after her death.
Woman's football began to get more regular coverage than the Championship or League One, never mind non league or the Scotch pub leagues.

Constant long tired tirades about, racism (which to be fair it always quite rightly railed against way back in the 80s when it was far more prevalent in football), homophopia, sexism, misogony, any 'ism' got shoehorned into a spittle flecked rant.
The continuing tedious over fawning of the so called "peoples" clubs such as Celtic, Sankt Pauli and even Barcelona...though the current Catalonian farce notwithstanding, I'm not sure how one of the most famous, richest and most successful club sides on the planet really qualify as one of the poor oppressed.
It began to look like it wasn"t the embittered NME rejects writing but the truly furious ones rejected by An Phoblacht or the Morning Star as extremist.

"Fuck it" I thought, "Its costing the price of a pint these days anyway. And shite lager doesnt hector me until I want to spit blood" So I stopped buying it. And actually do miss the brilliant....old grounds...Robinson's......blah blah...

RANT OVER.
Proud Gammon

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Basualdo wrote:

It tries a bit too hard to tick all the 'right on' polytechnic reject buttons but is usually funny and worth reading.

Not exactly Hemmingway though is it. Fuck me people.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

It doesn't have to be high brow to be entertaining. Their daily destruction of the bullshit tabloids print is quality.

Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Basualdo wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Agreed. Recently it's gone off the scale in that respect.

When Saturday Comes went the same route.
It used to be a bit lefty for my tastes but none the worse for that. Funny, interesting and always readable. Plus brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinson's wonderful cartoons and pull outs, which incuded the only cartoon that ever made me laugh out loud in public.
I never missed an issue from the late 80s.

Yeah a lot of it read like the aggrieved whining of someone who couldnt make it at the NME, but most of the other stuff more than made up for that. Plus brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinsons wonderful cartoons and pull outs.
It was disappointing when it completely ignored the successful Northern Ireland fans campaign to stop a new 'National Stadium' being built on the site of the old Maze Prison outside Lisburn. A plan that both Westminster and local government threw theirconsiderable'financially re-imbursed by property developers' weight behind, but I guess that didnt fit in with their worldview. Even though every other fans campaign whether non league or Premier side got a bit of favourable coverage.
But still I kept on buying, because brilliant old photos of old grounds and players and Dave Robinson's wonderful ..etc..

Then it got waaaaay too 'Momentum'.

It began to shoehorn the "hated Thatcher" into all sorts of spurious arguments long after her death.
Woman's football began to get more regular coverage than the Championship or League One, never mind non league or the Scotch pub leagues.

Constant long tired tirades about, racism (which to be fair it always quite rightly railed against way back in the 80s when it was far more prevalent in football), homophopia, sexism, misogony, any 'ism' got shoehorned into a spittle flecked rant.
The continuing tedious over fawning of the so called "peoples" clubs such as Celtic, Sankt Pauli and even Barcelona...though the current Catalonian farce notwithstanding, I'm not sure how one of the most famous, richest and most successful club sides on the planet really qualify as one of the poor oppressed.
It began to look like it wasn"t the embittered NME rejects writing but the truly furious ones rejected by An Phoblacht or the Morning Star as extremist.

"Fuck it" I thought, "Its costing the price of a pint these days anyway. And shite lager doesnt hector me until I want to spit blood" So I stopped buying it. And actually do miss the brilliant....old grounds...Robinson's......blah blah...

RANT OVER.
For me, wsc can do no wrong after this article:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Med ... ove-no-joy

Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Not exactly Hemmingway though is it. Fuck me people.

Or even Hemingway. No, it isn't.
Proud Gammon