So long, Stanloi

Posts regarding presenters and shows of yesterday
JW90

Re: So long, Stanloi

Post by JW90 »

Typical Stanloi article/ argument- moan about foreign managers, British managers not given a chance, why aren't successful clubs from 40 years ago still doing well against these minnows? and a reference to Aston Villa.

He really is pissed off we aren't in 1982 any more.

And that Rondon thing is pathetic. Remember John Gregory telling him to "man up"?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Broken noses are part of the relationship game
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Snippet from f365...

Logic, with Stan Collymore

‘There is just as much chance of a nation being kept in the finals thanks to VAR as there is of one being knocked out’ – Stan Collymore, Daily Mirror.

Yes, because two teams play on the pitch at the same.
Build Back More Betterer

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Eaststand wrote: there is of one being knocked out’ – Stan Collymore, Daily Mirror.

Ah, back in the good old days, eh Stan?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

JW90 wrote:
Eaststand wrote: there is of one being knocked out’ – Stan Collymore, Daily Mirror.

Ah, back in the good old days, eh Stan?
And if VAR stands for Volvos, Audis and Rovers.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Violent Alcoholic Rage
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Stan Collymore meets Zico his footballing hero and interviewed him. The Brazil team of 82 wow amazing team.
Well done Stan.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Cor, Zico.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Cunted again by f365
Collymore in Tuesday’s Daily Mirror.

‘The sheer variety of goals he has scored in his debut season playing for a club where expectation levels are huge has been phenomenal.’

Fair enough. Hardly a controversial opinion. If you backed Salah for the award during this goalscoring streak then fair play to you, Stan.

Oh, while we’ve got you big man. Do you know who wrote this on February 12, under the headline ‘Why Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne HAS to win Player of the Year’?

‘Harry Kane and Mo Salah have their merits as potential Player of the Year award winners. But that honour has to go to Kevin De Bruyne.

‘He has been weighing in with goals and important assists at important times in games all season. His level of consistency has been outstanding. I saw one article saying they feel up at Manchester City that he should be in the reckoning for a Ballon d’Or shout, and I wouldn’t disagree with that.’

The outstanding choice (of this month).

Twitter as an echo chamber, accidentally summed up in one sentence
‘I copped a lot of stick for saying that the appointment of Claude Puel at Leicester was underwhelming, but after reading a lot of opinions from people I respect on social media last week I have to say that he’s proving me right’ – Stan Collymore, Daily Mirror.

Nailed it.

For the record, Stan, you copped stick not because you said the appointment was underwhelming but because you called them ‘faceless Foxes’, described it as ‘one of the oddest managerial marriages I’ve seen in recent years’ and said that English managers are being shunned in favour of ‘adventurous, trendy ­tapas’.
Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

ccreds wrote:Stan Collymore meets Zico his footballing hero and interviewed him. The Brazil team of 82 wow amazing team.
Well done Stan.
Why? What has Stan done?

He has met a great footballer, that's all. I've met Gerry Armstrong in Tescos. Not quite the Zico level, I know, but a big deal to me. I've had quite a few conversations with Billy Hamilton too. I didn't realise I had achieved something by pushing a trolley down the tin goods aisle in the first instance and occasionally popping into Billy Hamilton's shop in the second. Well done me.

Mind you if Stanloi managed to restrain himself from splattering his sex wee over Zico's transport or was able to not punch Zico's attractive PR girl down the studio stairs, then given his past form, some sort of congratulations are in order.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Dean Windass got pissed up and acted like a complete bell end to customers in one of my pubs year ago

Can I be congratulated please?
Build Back More Betterer

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Basualdo wrote:
ccreds wrote:Stan Collymore meets Zico his footballing hero and interviewed him. The Brazil team of 82 wow amazing team.
Well done Stan.
Why? What has Stan done?

He has met a great footballer, that's all. I've met Gerry Armstrong in Tescos. Not quite the Zico level, I know, but a big deal to me. I've had quite a few conversations with Billy Hamilton too. I didn't realise I had achieved something by pushing a trolley down the tin goods aisle in the first instance and occasionally popping into Billy Hamilton's shop in the second. Well done me.

Mind you if Stanloi managed to restrain himself from splattering his sex wee over Zico's transport or was able to not punch Zico's attractive PR girl down the studio stairs, then given his past form, some sort of congratulations are in order.

:lol:

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Ulkrika is overdue another slap.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Our good pal Collymore cunted again by f365
The number of hot takes in the aftermath of Liverpool’s Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid has accelerated the process of global warming by about 50 years. Is Jurgen Klopp a perennial bottler? Do the players all hate Loris Karius because they didn’t immediately rush to huddle round him and ask about his mental state? Is Sergio Ramos an actual penis?

As ever, Stan Collymore can be trusted to serve up the hottest of all the takes. He says that Liverpool’s owners ‘must open purse strings’ for Klopp to take them to the next level. ‘Football club should spend money’ truly is a revelatory claim.

It is nothing outlandish. Stanley wants Liverpool to ‘use the Champions League Final as a platform’ to challenge the two Manchester clubs, to ‘build a squad that is capable of standing squarely toe-to-toe with those being ­assembled in Manchester’.

Liverpool did only finish six points behind Manchester United, having advanced considerably further in the Champions League. They are stepping all over their feet right now, never mind ‘standing squarely-toe-to-toe’.

But Collymore is insistent that ‘if the Reds are to close the gap, they need genuine A-listers as back-up’. Klopp ‘has shown he can manage’, but the owners must ‘demonstrate their commitment too’ by letting him spend all of the money generated by the Champions League run.

Klopp has indeed ‘shown he can manage’. He did so at Mainz, and when taking Borussia Dortmund to two Bundesliga titles and a Champions League final. You know what he has never done? Spent loads of money. His most expensive signing in Dortmund’s first-title winning season was Robert Lewandowski; he cost about £4million. Their Champions League final starting XI in 2013 contained three free transfers, two youth products and only one player – Marco Reus – that cost more than £4m.

But no, Klopp should forget everything that has made him a successful manager and sign ‘genuine A-listers as back-up’. Which is key, because Collymore states in no uncertain terms that he is ‘NOT talking about signing the likes of Andy Robertson’. Even though Andy Robertson cost £8m and has been bloody excellent this season.

‘I AM talking about wandering into White Hart Lane, plonking £150m on the table in front of Daniel Levy and saying: ‘I’ll give you that for Christian Eriksen, Toby Alderweireld and Dele Alli.”

Have you ever met Daniel Levy, Stan? Are you aware of his reputation? Do you really think Liverpool would not be laughed out of his office if they offered £150m for Eriksen, Alderweireld and Alli? Tottenham would want £150m for Eriksen or Alli, never mind them and Alderweireld.

Collymore is not done. ‘Do you remember the last time Liverpool really set pulses racing in Europe?’ he asks. ‘I’m not talking about the failed final against AC Milan.

‘I’m talking about the Miracle of Istanbul and how the club’s profile ­enabled them to land Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano. These were players at the very peak of their powers.’

Do you remember it, Stan? Liverpool’s first signings after winning the 2005 Champions League were Antonio Barragán, Boudewijn Zenden and Pepe Reina (who cost £6.8m – less than Andy bloody Robertson). Torres joined two months after that ‘failed final against AC Milan’. He probably joined more due to the kudos of reaching that final than ‘the Miracle of Istanbul’ two years earlier.

‘What’s not to like? And I wouldn’t have any problem splashing the cash on genuine talent.’

There you go, Liverpool. You have the green light from Stan. He ‘wouldn’t have any problem’ with it. And definitely wouldn’t criticise you in six months if your expensive recruits turned out to be terrible.

‘[Klopp] has won the right, too, to have a dart in the market – and the owners should be given confidence by his ­transfer dealings so far.’

Yes, possibly the most impressive of which has been bringing in Robertson for £8m. So why should he now look to only make ‘three or four marquee signings’?

‘Isn’t it strange that no one is ­highlighting Liverpool’s supposed ­defensive deficiencies now that Virgil van Dijk has arrived?’ asks Stan, who earlier this month said the following:

“That’s my worry about this Liverpool team. Not that they’re not making strides in the right direction, not that they’re not very entertaining to watch, but they have to get the goalkeeper and the back four right if they want to win the title.

“There are no concerns whatsoever when it comes to Liverpool going forward. I just feel that in terms of winning trophies, and keeping those players for more than two years, they need to keep more clean sheets.”

It’s a Bank Holiday, Stan. Have a bloody day off.
Build Back More Betterer

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

" YAM MOI BIRD AN DOW YOU FORGET IT ! "
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.