Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

TalkSPORT does music?!?
User avatar
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid
Posts: 46179
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:40 pm

And a terrific pair of swingers
It ain't hard

User avatar
carcinogen
Registered user
Posts: 12629
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: East Coast

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby carcinogen » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:47 pm

Reg wrote:I’ve met Sara Cox, and can confirm that she is far from stupid.


How much time did you spend in her company to draw this conclusion? I hate to break it to you, but people working in the 'entertainment' sector are charming and convincing bullshitters. They are similar to psychopaths and sociopaths in that way. I wouldn't take any initial meeting with a 'celebrity' as a gauge as to anything regarding their true self.
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." --John, Viscount Morley On Compromise, 1874.

User avatar
Reg
Registered user
Posts: 34497
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 pm
Location: First Class

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 pm

carcinogen wrote:
Reg wrote:I’ve met Sara Cox, and can confirm that she is far from stupid.


How much time did you spend in her company to draw this conclusion? I hate to break it to you, but people working in the 'entertainment' sector are charming and convincing bullshitters. They are similar to psychopaths and sociopaths in that way. I wouldn't take any initial meeting with a 'celebrity' as a gauge as to anything regarding their true self.


Thanks for the heads-up.

I bow to your experience and wisdom.

Incidentally, while you’re here...

I was thinking about your earlier comments about writers and sub-editors, and was wondering what your duties were as a sub at the Erotic Review (assuming you meant sub-editor, and not some sexually submissive role).

Were you in charge of house style, spelling, grammar, etc?
"Ah couldnae believe it, Deano - NO ALCOHOL! Ah’ve nivver heard of that! Nivver!”

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you so upset, Al.”

User avatar
carcinogen
Registered user
Posts: 12629
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: East Coast

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby carcinogen » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Reg wrote:
I was thinking about your earlier comments about writers and sub-editors, and was wondering what your duties were as a sub at the Erotic Review (assuming you meant sub-editor, and not some sexually submissive role).

Were you in charge of house style, spelling, grammar, etc?


I sat in the front office with Kate Copstick listening to her manic bullshit regarding Superbikes. Other than that I mainly tried to fit the prose I was given into the space I was given. So yes, it vaguely involved spelling, altering words etc. Sometimes Jamie (The Editor) would ask me to pop out onto Kensington high Street to pick-up some salad and sandwitches for lunch for the staff. To be honest with you, it was less about literature and more about a lifestyle. I miss those days. Don't ... I'm welling-up here. haha. x
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." --John, Viscount Morley On Compromise, 1874.

User avatar
Reg
Registered user
Posts: 34497
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 pm
Location: First Class

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:17 pm

carcinogen wrote:
Reg wrote:
I was thinking about your earlier comments about writers and sub-editors, and was wondering what your duties were as a sub at the Erotic Review (assuming you meant sub-editor, and not some sexually submissive role).

Were you in charge of house style, spelling, grammar, etc?


I sat in the front office with Kate Copstick listening to her manic bullshit regarding Superbikes. Other than that I mainly tried to fit the prose I was given into the space I was given. So yes, it vaguely involved spelling, altering words etc. Sometimes Jamie (The Editor) would ask me to pop out onto Kensington high Street to pick-up some salad and sandwitches for lunch for the staff. To be honest with you, it was less about literature and more about a lifestyle. I miss those days. Don't ... I'm welling-up here. haha. x


:)
"Ah couldnae believe it, Deano - NO ALCOHOL! Ah’ve nivver heard of that! Nivver!”

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you so upset, Al.”

User avatar
York Hunt
Registered user
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby York Hunt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:35 am

theleader82 wrote:Ian Watkins was a talented musician when she met him.


No, he was in the Lost Prophetz, a Fisher Price 'My First Rock Band' that stood about with skateboards and skateboarders.
quest.cares.skips

User avatar
theleader82
Registered user
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby theleader82 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:49 am

York Hunt wrote:
theleader82 wrote:Ian Watkins was a talented musician when she met him.


No, he was in the Lost Prophetz, a Fisher Price 'My First Rock Band' that stood about with skateboards and skateboarders.

They won multiple kerrang awards and had success on both sides of the pond.

User avatar
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid
Posts: 46179
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:57 am

Which proves his point really
It ain't hard

User avatar
Sid Pervcat
Registered user
Posts: 27937
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:43 am
Location: Turbo Island

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby Sid Pervcat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:57 am

In Regards of Edith Bowman, I'd fucking plough that hall day long!!
I have the will to survive
I cheat if I can't win
If someone locks me out
I kick my way back in

An' if I get aggression
I give it to them two time back
Every day it's just the same
With hate an' war on my back

User avatar
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid
Posts: 46179
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Grim as all fuck. Judge dredd looking mess
It ain't hard

User avatar
Sid Pervcat
Registered user
Posts: 27937
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:43 am
Location: Turbo Island

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby Sid Pervcat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:11 am

Meh.

Any holes a goal bruv
I have the will to survive
I cheat if I can't win
If someone locks me out
I kick my way back in

An' if I get aggression
I give it to them two time back
Every day it's just the same
With hate an' war on my back

User avatar
Rossco
Registered user
Posts: 15340
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Stuck in the Middle with you

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby Rossco » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 am

Basualdo wrote:
Northern Troglodite wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Compared with Fearne Cotton she is an absolute delight. At least she has vague sentience and doesn't fuck paedophiles. Also, she is far less fucking annoying than Sara Cox. Old Coxy is fucking retarded I think. I think all the STD's she contracted during the 'girl power' era rotted her cerebral cortex. I know one musn't use the term 'retarded' it's 'learning difficulties' so apologies for that. Leave old Eaddie alone. Not Darren, Edith.



Enlighten me carc re Cotton, can't abide her, at least Bowman got where she did on limited talent ........Cotton however !!!!!!!!
Cotton lived with that fucking baby raping cunt Ian Watkins of the Lost Prophets while he was into fucking infants. Of course says that she knew fuck all about this used jamrag's tastes even though she looks like a 12year old boy.

To the surprise of no one for various reasons, Cotton comes from a family very familiar with the highest echelons of the BBC.

But she got where she was on her talent and hard work, I'm sure.


Image
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

User avatar
SWL-DXER
Registered user
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: The City and County of Kingston upon Hull

Re: Edith Bowman - SACKED!!

Postby SWL-DXER » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 pm

My day with Edith the Wonder Horse. http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page488.htm
The Iron Man of talkFORUM


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests